Aluminium Kai 2.

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Alchera

Post by Alchera »

Frank Lion wrote:
Alchera wrote:G'day,

That fixed it! :D I would never have guessed AIOS was the problem.

:) ...the 'secret' was in your own screenshot. See the bit about 'Global Options', etc - that is not standard. Question - who is likely, for no good reason, to add to the text of an important window, like Customise?

...had to be AOIS...no one else. :)

Since the removal of AOIS I have noticed that not only is the theme now as it should be but Firefox now appears to run better .i.e loads faster &c
"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez"
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

New Version Release :

Aluminium Kai 2 version 1.8 for Firefox 1.5 - 2.0

MAJOR VERSION UPDATE

This is the version update of the original Aluminum Kai theme by Kozakura Inko, that was recently, officially adopted by me when he ceased development on it.

Now renamed, Aluminium Kai 2, I have completed the version update for Firefox 2 and also added many new features and areas of interest, throughout the theme.

Although only originally intended to be compatible with Firefox 2 onwards, compatibility with Firefox 1.5 has been added as well.**

Fixes for version 1.8 :
1. Extensions on Statusbar now have a Text background, to improve text visibility.
2. Tab Mix Plus extension - focus ring around tab close button removed.
3. Tab Mix Plus extension - Show Close Button option now shows correct close button.
4. Add Tab button on Tab Bar restyled and repositioned.
5. Tab Close button when using Firefox 1.5 now matches those used in Firefox 2.
6. 'Text Only' now functioning correctly when using Firefox 1.5.

* Important Note** Due to the complexity of the Firefox 2 theme code now, when this version is used in Firefox 1.5, the tab appearance has had to be slightly changed. There is also an issue with the first tab used. - until a full fix in place, please use TWO homepages! Odd, but it works!...or use Tab Mix Plus extension....or upgrade to Firefox 2....or, if that's too much trouble, just don't use this theme. :)

Aluminium Kai 2 v1.8

Frank :)

**needless to say, I've made a rod for my own back on this one. I thought it would be a good idea if people still using Firefox 1.5 also had the opportunity to use this theme as well. As this was tricky to achieve, it's not yet 100% on FF1.5, but getting there.
Last edited by Frank Lion on December 2nd, 2006, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JNewbry wrote:While not a perfect solution for AIOS users... It at least returns some of the correct look back?

Hmm, not really the correct look for my theme. :)

I designed the Customize Window to look like this :

So, although not ideal, for AIOS users, this is probably closer :

Code: Select all

#CustomizeToolbarWindow > vbox > #palette-box {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/toolbar/test1.png")!important;
    background-color: transparent;
}

But, of course, people (as in, AOIS users) are free to choose.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
searchlight4759

Pop-Up Blocked Icon in Status Bar

Post by searchlight4759 »

Frank:

I noticed that the icon that you use to indicate that a pop-up is blocked is a light blue orb or circle
which to me seems to stand out lightly in the status bar.

I use the extension Popup Sound to alert me but I was wondering if you could make that orb more pronounced colorwise, and include a small "x" within it to make the icon stand out better?

Whatever you decide to do, it's appreciated!
:D

P.S. Thanks again for answering my previous question about the progress bar.
Frank Lion

Re: Pop-Up Blocked Icon in Status Bar

Post by Frank Lion »

searchlight4759 wrote:... but I was wondering if you could make that orb more pronounced colorwise, and include a small "x" within it to make the icon stand out better?
Hi, I think you're right there. Added to bug list.

EDIT : Done - Image

Bit better, I reckon. I've been concentrating on the overall look of the theme and, of course, the major icons, but there are quite a few of the existing minor ones that need 'restyling', in the future. So if any of you spot any really dire ones then just let me know...
searchlight4759

Post by searchlight4759 »

Frank,
I like what you did with the pop-up icon. Is it available now or in the next update that you release for AK2?

Thanks again:).
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

searchlight4759 wrote:... Is it available now or in the next update that you release for AK2?

Next update or one after.

Gab38

Post by Gab38 »

Hi Franck, and many thanks for your great job. I like your theme. Just a little aesthetic detail though :
Frank Lion wrote:..Extensions on Statusbar now have a Text background, to improve text visibility..

Background area and text seems not correctly centred :

Here it's a test with - 3px on the left, + 2px on the right, and +2 px at the bottom of this area :

What do you think about this suggestion ?

Thx in advance :)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gab38 wrote:What do you think about this suggestion ?

Thx in advance :)

Salut, Gab, ca va?

I think you're right. In fact, I know you are right - added to bug list.

At the moment, I am mainly dealing with functionality bugs - that text background was one of them. Trouble is, my time is limited on the theme stuff, so these are done very quickly. All outstanding functionality bugs are now done (did you see TMP on AK2 before it was fixed!) ...but one, a difficult one on Firefox 1.5 only on the opening tab.

After that, I'm going on to stuff like this - that background colour is too dark, as well. Anything bad you spot, will only be because I haven't noticed it or got around to fixing it. :)
...I also, personally, only use 11 extensions...which can be a problem knowing the rest of them, haha

To everyone, please keep stuff like this coming, if you can. This is your theme as much as it is mine and together we will end up with one sharp looking theme.

Gab38

Post by Gab38 »

Hello Franck ;)

Ça va super bien, merci :), and I'm happy to see you agree with me :D

Though, I don't think that background colour is too dark. This colour is good and pleasant with white text.

About compatibility, I've a special profile for this theme, with my most usual extensions, and I didn't find any problem.

..This is your theme as much as it is mine and together we will end up with one sharp looking theme. ..
With pleasure ! Image(but first, it's yours ImageImage)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

New Version Release :

Aluminium Kai 2 version 1.8.2 for Firefox 1.5 - 2.0

MAJOR VERSION UPDATE

This is the version update of the original Aluminum Kai theme by Kozakura Inko, that was recently, officially adopted by me when he ceased development on it.

Now renamed, Aluminium Kai 2, I have completed the version update for Firefox 2 and also added many new features and areas of interest, throughout the theme.

Although only originally intended to be compatible with Firefox 2 onwards, compatibility with Firefox 1.5 has been added as well.**

Fixes for version 1.8.2

1. **Combined Stop/Reload Button Fix** - for the first time ever, this theme now works correctly when using extensions such as the 'Stop-or-Reload Button' or userChrome entries for this. This enables the Stop button to be combined with the Reload button to save Toolbar space. Only the required button will show at any one time. Please note - as usual, the stop button MUST be placed to the left of the Reload button on the Toolbar with no space between, to work correctly.

2. Bookmark Manager icons restyled.

3. New Blocked popup and Info icons.

4. Find bar, Sidebar, Addons Manager, etc now all have the same Close buttons, with hover states, as seen on tabs.

5. Statusbar extensions and messages text background position and margins adjustment and border added.

6. Statusbar Progressmeter position and margin adjustments and length slightly increased. Initial minimum width setting of progressmeter balls now removed and position adjustment.

7. Fission extension showing incorrect secure state background in URLbar fixed.

8. GetMail extension now supported.

9. POTO Sidebar extension - toggle strip widened and retinted. - http://leon-huang.com/nu/poto.php

Known Issue - when using Firefox 1.5 ONLY, initial tab not displaying - see Dev Notes on Addons for fully working temporary workaround using the Tab Mix Plus extension.

Aluminium Kai 2 v1.8.2

....I've got some pics, few words and some userChrome.css to add here, but I'll do that a bit later.

Last edited by Frank Lion on December 4th, 2006, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gab38 wrote:Though, I don't think that background colour is too dark. This colour is good and pleasant with white text.

...Well done - correct answer, just testing. You have a good eye, mon ami.

Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Hey Frank!

Great job, once again! One small issue: I'm not seeing a top loading / reloading button on the main toolbar. Is this just me or was this a small oversight? Other than that, nice fixes!

Thanks in advance!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Cato62 wrote:... I'm not seeing a top loading / reloading button on the main toolbar.

Hi Cato :) I'll be honest, I don't understand the question! Perhaps you could elaborate?

Feel free to delete your posts off the other thread - it's not your fault, I'm probably about the only person that works like this. But the Theme forum is where I prefer my stuff to be. If I start answering questions on that other thread then the world and his wife will be in there, haha.
Gab38

Post by Gab38 »

Frank Lion wrote:You have a good eye, mon ami.
You too ;) Your last release is great !

5. Statusbar extensions and messages text background position and margins adjustment and border added.
Many thanks Franck for this improvement. It works fine :
It's nice, no ? :D