GrayModern for Firefox

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Ava3ar

Post by Ava3ar »

old throber = Image

new throber = Image

so instead of the mozila/dino image as the transions background, i would prefer the circle, with the M as static, with the right transitions it could look really cool
¦^)= The Vengance Will Come =(^¦
josephinekelly

Post by josephinekelly »

Ah, I see what you mean - many thanks. Now I know what a throbber is!
I have switched away from GrayModern now as I really did want a printer icon on the toolbar. Can those of you using GrayModern manage to drag the printer icon from the Customize box to the toolbar when you select small icons, rather than large ones? I find that the printer icon disappears from the toolbar when small icons are selected. Is this the same for everyone? This doesn't happen with other themes, just GrayModern.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

josephinekelly wrote:Can those of you using GrayModern manage to drag the printer icon from the Customize box to the toolbar when you select small icons, rather than large ones? I find that the printer icon disappears from the toolbar when small icons are selected. Is this the same for everyone? This doesn't happen with other themes, just GrayModern.

See my previous post.
Bernie Zimmermann
http://www.bernzilla.com
josephinekelly

Post by josephinekelly »

Sorry Bernie, I missed that one as there seems to be two threads going. I shall watch out for amendments on GrayModern. The design is great and I quite like the colour but there isn't a theme (I think) since Orbit Green which can match up with the alternative olive XP setup colour theme. So maybe GrayModern being such a favourite, could get a different hue as well as the icon bugs sorted. But of course, it wouldn't be Gray then would it?
robgrave

Post by robgrave »

I don't make much use of the Bookmarks Toolbar, so it took me a while to notice the following flaw: When the Bookmarks Toolbar is open, the page display becomes unstable, i.e., it jiggles, or bounces in its frame.

Is this really a bug, or is it perhaps the result of a bad install. Anyone else notice it?
Ava3ar

Post by Ava3ar »

dont see a bug on mine, but you never know with the way i set things up, lol
Ava3ar

Post by Ava3ar »

any updates coming ?
josephinekelly

Post by josephinekelly »

My bookmarks left hand bar is open nearly all the time as I browse, but I have not noticed any instability.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I love this theme, and as a heads-up I thought I say that I tried a 'trunk' build yesterday and the Tab-throbber went MIA (missing in action)
I know its almost impossible to keep up themes to test builds..but wanted to give a forward look of things to come and maybe some preplanning perhaps to keep this theme from breaking with the release of 1.1 in late March.
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

RSS icon needs updating. ;) Otherwise looks about as good as the old one.
etiwanda

Post by etiwanda »

@storm119, I really love your Venerable Chrome Modern theme for Mozilla, can you port it to FireFox?
Ava3ar

Post by Ava3ar »

bernie any updates, or have you moved onto a new project ??

if you have what is it, cause your site doesnt say (unless the project is a new site, hehe)
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Ava3ar wrote:bernie any updates, or have you moved onto a new project ??

if you have what is it, cause your site doesnt say (unless the project is a new site, hehe)

No new updates right now. I've been getting feedback steadily over time, though, and I promise I haven't forgotten about them or the fact that an update is overdue. I've just been swamped with the work that pays the bills ;) Just rest assured that I haven't abandoned GrayModern, nor do I intend to.
Bernie Zimmermann
http://www.bernzilla.com
Ava3ar

Post by Ava3ar »

yey, ty bernie

i know what you mean about overload on work
Gingerbread_Man

Post by Gingerbread_Man »

Hi Bernie.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to... BEG FOR A 1.01-COMPATIBLE VERSION. I can't stand the default theme, I really can't. Good luck getting the work done quickly and easily... so you can get back to what really matters ;)
Thanks a lot for all your work on the theme. It's top notch.
Gingerbread Man's posts, 2004-10-06 through 2005-08-12.