Office 2003 userChrome.css Skin Release Versions 1.7 + 1.0

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jx3000

Post by jx3000 »

That fixed it.

Thanks.
Risen from the ashes....
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

Version 1.0 released.

Lots of changes. See my first post here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 501#390501

Please report any bugs.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Why do my menus look different from your screenshots :S

lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

sboulema wrote:Why do my menus look different from your screenshots :S

Very odd.

What OS are you running and what version of Firefox?

Do any other themers have an idea what could be causing this? (I am still a novice).
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040523 Firefox/0.8.0+

Already tried a couple of things in the css files, but couldnt find what causing this.
Its happening with the default theme, and my own QuteRetro theme.
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

sboulema wrote:OS: Windows XP
Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040523 Firefox/0.8.0+

Already tried a couple of things in the css files, but couldnt find what causing this.
Its happening with the default theme, and my own QuteRetro theme.

Hm. I haven't really tested it with the newer build yet, I had a quick go and it seemed to work, however this obviously needs futher investigation.

My css code is a mess at the moment. I forgot to run it through the validator and sort it so that will be the next priority. Then I will test it on newer build and if I get the same problem I will attempt to fix.

To be honest, half the time I am not sure exactly how I achieved something, but I keep fiddling till it works and then release it. It would be nice if others could confirm or not this problem.

BTW, I am off to college now so don't expect any replies for a while.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

I tested it with the milestone release and it works as expected, but on the nightly build i use i get the starnge menu look :(
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Found the problem :D

I was using this Office skin and the cutemenu extensions to give the menus icons, but totally forget that that extension also gives firefox an Office skin. So iwas having two Office skin at the same time, obviously conflicting with eachother.
Disabling the cutemenus skin, in its settings, instantly fixed the problem :D
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

sboulema wrote:Found the problem :D

I was using this Office skin and the cutemenu extensions to give the menus icons, but totally forget that that extension also gives firefox an Office skin. So iwas having two Office skin at the same time, obviously conflicting with eachother.
Disabling the cutemenus skin, in its settings, instantly fixed the problem :D

Phew. Well I thought I had checked my code pretty thoroughly. Thanks for the update. I will put a warning in the main post.
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

I have removed some of the wastage I found in my code and annotated some parts to make them easier to understand. As far as I can see this hasn't caused any harm. Could you please try the following file to confirm that I haven't added any new bugs. Thanks.

http://www.danielryan.org/files/Office2 ... mental.zip
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Works for me :D
No new bugs i noticed.

One nitpick, you hide the go menu in the menu.css file, shoudnt that piece of code be in the misc.css ?

Keep up the good work, this mod makes firefox (and thunderbird0 look so much better :D
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

Thank you very much for taking the time to test this. I really appreciate it.

I agree that the hiding of the "Go" menu should go into the misc.css.

Here is the latest release with that change:

http://www.danielryan.org/files/Office2 ... ion1.1.zip

I am glad this also works well with Thunderbird. I haven't tested with it so I must have gotten lucky.
teedoff087

Post by teedoff087 »

so there's no way to change the blue color to my preferred color by editing the .css files?
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

teedoff087 wrote:so there's no way to change the blue color to my preferred color by editing the .css files?

You can change all the colours I have by editing the css files. However, if I haven't changed the colour you would need to find the correct css before you could change the element colour.

Also, what is this 'blue' colour you refer to? Screenshot?
teedoff087

Post by teedoff087 »

the blue color of the tabs and such. the selection color. I'm not referring to the greyish color, just the selection color. Mine is customized to a greenish color and I was wondering what I need to edit to change it.