MozillaZine

Office 2003 userChrome.css Skin Release Versions 1.7 + 1.0

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jeanjean

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: May 29th, 2003, 3:58 am
Location: belgium

Post Posted March 3rd, 2004, 6:09 pm

Beals wrote:This is slightly off topic, but since this is a thread about the Office XP look, I figure someone might be able to help me. I have Office XP, but my menus here at home don't look like the menus at school. The look discussed in this thread matches that of the program at school. MY menus have a grey color to the selection background, rather than the blue-ish look found here. Is there something I can do in Office XP to get the Blue-ish background. FWIW, I am using the cheap student Office XP package.


Office xp menu colour change according to luna theme /me think.

If you use luna theme then you have the blue menus. If you use windows classic theme you get the white one.

Beals

User avatar
 
Posts: 652
Joined: November 29th, 2003, 8:25 pm

Post Posted March 4th, 2004, 12:02 am

jeanjean, thanks for your reply. However, my question concerns the Office XP Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) I HAVE the blue menus in my Firefox theme. I DON'T have them in my Office XP products. That's my problem! I want the blue menus for MS Word just as they appear at my school and with my Firefox theme. I have the ugly grey menus here at home.
Coat hanger halos don’t come cheap
From television shepherds with living room sheep

wget

User avatar
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: November 8th, 2002, 9:51 am
Location: Denmark

Post Posted March 4th, 2004, 6:56 am

lordmedikit wrote:I have modified some previous Office XP userchrome.css' to create one that should mimic office 2003 quite well.

<img src="http://danielryan.org/files/office2003look3.jpg" border="0">

My poor eyes. Here, read this: http://www.r1ch.net/img-formats/

Lost User 8002
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2004, 3:16 pm

wget wrote:
lordmedikit wrote:I have modified some previous Office XP userchrome.css' to create one that should mimic office 2003 quite well.

<img src="http://danielryan.org/files/office2003look3.jpg" border="0">

My poor eyes. Here, read this: http://www.r1ch.net/img-formats/


Agreed. Please, PNG us...

lordmedikit
 
Posts: 447
Joined: August 1st, 2003, 9:18 am

Post Posted March 5th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Beals wrote:This is slightly off topic, but since this is a thread about the Office XP look, I figure someone might be able to help me. I have Office XP, but my menus here at home don't look like the menus at school. The look discussed in this thread matches that of the program at school. MY menus have a grey color to the selection background, rather than the blue-ish look found here. Is there something I can do in Office XP to get the Blue-ish background. FWIW, I am using the cheap student Office XP package.

Afaik, you can't do this with Office XP. The blue themes etc are only possible with Office 2003 which I have and then only with Windows XP when you are using a corresponding theme like luna, green, etc. (which I don't because imo they are ugly and waste too much space.

Delta wrote:Agreed. Please, PNG us...

There doesn't seem to be much point now does there? I can't really be bothered to re-make the images and bandwidth etc. are of no concern to me. I did realise that it looked quite ugly but didn't really have the time to change it so sorry. I will bear it in mind though and I did notice the bad quality myself before this was pointed out.

Lost User 8002
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2004, 4:42 pm

lordmedikit wrote:
Delta wrote:Agreed. Please, PNG us...

There doesn't seem to be much point now does there? I can't really be bothered to re-make the images and bandwidth etc. are of no concern to me. I did realise that it looked quite ugly but didn't really have the time to change it so sorry. I will bear it in mind though and I did notice the bad quality myself before this was pointed out.


Oh, I didn't want you to change the screenshots you already made, just keep the PNG format in mind when you make future screenshots. As long as you learn from mistakes... ;)

jeanjean

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: May 29th, 2003, 3:58 am
Location: belgium

Post Posted March 5th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Beals wrote:jeanjean, thanks for your reply. However, my question concerns the Office XP Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) I HAVE the blue menus in my Firefox theme. I DON'T have them in my Office XP products. That's my problem! I want the blue menus for MS Word just as they appear at my school and with my Firefox theme. I have the ugly grey menus here at home.


Oups sorry.. i was thinking about office 2003 and not office xp. But wget answered anyway.

lordmedikit
 
Posts: 447
Joined: August 1st, 2003, 9:18 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 3:07 am

Delta wrote:
lordmedikit wrote:
Delta wrote:Agreed. Please, PNG us...

There doesn't seem to be much point now does there? I can't really be bothered to re-make the images and bandwidth etc. are of no concern to me. I did realise that it looked quite ugly but didn't really have the time to change it so sorry. I will bear it in mind though and I did notice the bad quality myself before this was pointed out.


Oh, I didn't want you to change the screenshots you already made, just keep the PNG format in mind when you make future screenshots. As long as you learn from mistakes... ;)


Well thanks for pointing it out. I will probably try it out in the future though afaik tranparency on PNGs doesn't work with IE so its better to use GIFs for images like that right (I know these one don't have transparency btw)?

wget

User avatar
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: November 8th, 2002, 9:51 am
Location: Denmark

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 3:55 am

lordmedikit wrote:Well thanks for pointing it out. I will probably try it out in the future though afaik tranparency on PNGs doesn't work with IE so its better to use GIFs for images like that right (I know these one don't have transparency btw)?

That's sort of correct. The transparency in my avatar, for example, works fine in IE. That's because it's an 8-bit PNG.

The problem in IE lies with 24-bit images and alpha transparency. This means that you can't, say, fade a color into your background color.

IE can be made to render these correctly, but it's a dirty, dirty hack involving black magic.

Lost User 8002
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 8:52 am

lordmedikit wrote:I will probably try it out in the future though afaik tranparency on PNGs doesn't work with IE so its better to use GIFs for images like that right (I know these one don't have transparency btw)?


However, since we all happen to use Mozilla... ;)
I agree with you though, I usually use PNG, but if I need transparency, animation, or a really small image, I believe below 16x16px I use the GIF format...

Lucky

User avatar
 
Posts: 227
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 4:31 am
Location: Essen / Germany

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 10:47 am

I have found a graphic Bug.

When you open the properties for a bookmark you can't see the font in the active tab.

Image

I'm using WinXP with an Aqua Theme.

Björn

amiya_gupta
 
Posts: 107
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 4:31 pm
Location: Austin TX USA

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 1:48 pm

This is great work... any plans for making the scroll bars look consistent with the rest of the theme?

lordmedikit
 
Posts: 447
Joined: August 1st, 2003, 9:18 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Lucky wrote:I have found a graphic Bug.

When you open the properties for a bookmark you can't see the font in the active tab.

Image

I'm using WinXP with an Aqua Theme.

Björn

Sorry, but this is only really designed to be a mod for the default theme. I don't have time to support others. Also, I will admit this is only a quick and dirty mod that was originally for personal use but I thought some people might enjoy it so I released it. I am by no means a pro in this.

amiya_gupta wrote:This is great work... any plans for making the scroll bars look consistent with the rest of the theme?

Thank you, though as I said above my skill is limited and this is very amatuerish work campared to a full-blown skin. I am not sure what you mean by making it look consistant. As far as I know the scrollbars look exactly the same as Office 2003 applications (when the WinXP skins are turned off). Could you provide an image to show what you mean?

amiya_gupta
 
Posts: 107
Joined: February 15th, 2004, 4:31 pm
Location: Austin TX USA

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 8:34 pm

lordmedikit wrote:Thank you, though as I said above my skill is limited and this is very amatuerish work campared to a full-blown skin. I am not sure what you mean by making it look consistant. As far as I know the scrollbars look exactly the same as Office 2003 applications (when the WinXP skins are turned off). Could you provide an image to show what you mean?


I don't have Office 2003 so I don't know what the scrollbars look like. With the XP themes set to classic, it's just the default type of scrollbar. I thought it would look better if it was silver too. I'll try hacking the CSS to see if it can be done.

jhirshon

User avatar
 
Posts: 762
Joined: June 11th, 2003, 3:24 pm

Post Posted March 6th, 2004, 9:03 pm

lordmedikit wrote:///IMPORTANT

BTW: Could someone confirm whther it works with Thunderbird or not?


It dioes, but doesnt change the whole theme skin - details in GIF

Return to Theme Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest