Need Help With Theme!

Discuss application theming and theme development.
autobio

Need Help With Theme!

Post by autobio »

I need help with putting my theme actually on FireFox. When I drag my theme (which is a .jar file) into the themes window, it installs it. But when it is done installing, it doesn't show up. Does anyone know why?

~Thanks
frcan

Post by frcan »

You need to choose it if you want to use it.
Tools > Add-ons > Theme tab > Select the right one
steviex

Post by steviex »

Also may be of use... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_ins ... _-_Firefox

Moving to Firefox Support....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
autobio

Post by autobio »

When I install it and go to select it it is not there. Does anyone know why?

Thanks
frcan

Post by frcan »

Did you read the link Steviex posted?
autobio

Post by autobio »

ya...and by the way i have firefox 2.0.0.5
autobio

Post by autobio »

and by the way....i am just testing if it works...i installed a theme....right clicked it and chose Browse Install Directory......cut all of that out......pasted it inside a new folder.....modified the install.rdf.
autobio

Post by autobio »

and uninstalled the theme....then zipped up my theme folder...changed it to .jar...and dragged it in there. then it asks me:

would u like to remove the extension installation delay? This feature is in place of a security safeguard, only disable if u no wat ur doing.

Yes No

I have tried clikin both and both of the times the software installation window pops up and it says install now. I click the install now button and it takes me to the installation tab,installs very quickly and it just disappears. Then i look for it in the themes tab and it is not there
autobio

Post by autobio »

well...
steviex

Post by steviex »

Installing themes the easy way...

Try this one Metal Lion Vista.... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4626 (I know this works)

Navigate to the page above.
Do you see the green button ?
There are two methods to install the theme...

Method 1. Left click on the green button . When the countdown reaches zero, click Install then restart Firefox when installation is complete..

Method 2 Right click on the Green button. Select Save Link As Choose somewhere to save the .jar file to.
Then Open the Addons Window (Tools > Addons) and Drag the .jar file to that window. When the countdown reaches zero, click Install then Restart Firefox when installation is complete..

To select the theme for use, go to Tools > Addons > Themes and highlight the Metal Lion entry. Click on the Use Theme button. Restart Firefox.

You do NOT need to unpack the .jar file It is good to go, as it is.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
autobio

Post by autobio »

Ya it works!

when i try to modify someones theme (yes i got permission) and i click use theme...when it restarts firefox its just the firefox default theme....HELP!
autobio

Post by autobio »

BTW thanks steviex
steviex

Post by steviex »

No worries...

Chances are you've messed something up...
Have a read of ehume's 'Your own theme workshop - for beginners' http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=345753

I'm going to move this to Theme development, as you are developing themes (or just tinkering)

autobio

Post by autobio »

all i did was replace an image of something with the SAME file name