GrApple theme stuff ...

Discuss application theming and theme development.
larzon83

Re: GrApple theme stuff ...

Post by larzon83 »

v1.0.8
- works under Lion

thx again patrick for pointing this out! ;)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

No problem. It's a good idea to keep your eye on the various threads in the Theme Development section here, we try to discuss these issues and find solutions as quickly as possible... and having someone that specializes in OSX would be invaluable to those discussions.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
larzon83

Post by larzon83 »

ok :)
DJWebDUck

Post by DJWebDUck »

Had to share this gem of a userscript with everyone! FINALLY, legitimate iOS-style scrollbars for everyone!!!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/119910

Just so everyone knows, the author is still working out a few bugs but it's quite functional for the most part. Check out "Grease.NiceScroll" today!
Tús na heagna eagla an Tiarna...
Proverbs 3:5-6 | Dikaia Upotheke | IRFU & USA Eagles | Go Aztecs! Go Gators! Go Ducks! Go Blue! Go Irish!
larzon83

Post by larzon83 »

v1.0.9
- compatibility with Firefox 11
- Proper styles for Webinspector etc

http://larzon83.deviantart.com/art/CrAp ... -212515458
SimonaD

Post by SimonaD »

Thanks!!!
larzon83

Post by larzon83 »

v1.1.1
- compatibility with Firefox 13
- minor fixes

http://larzon83.deviantart.com/art/CrAp ... -212515458?
BeeutifulKaren

Post by BeeutifulKaren »

I been wondering one thing, because I really love your themes, but are they only available for Mac? Or are they available for window computers as well? If so, how can I access the theme through my computer because I can't find the Library folder or etc, as you have listed multiple times. Please and THANK YOU! ^_^
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Any instructions pointing to the Library folder on the Mac will be analogous to the profile folder location on Windows. You can easily find your profile folder by using Help -> Troubleshooting Information in Firefox, and then click the "Show Folder" button. A Windows Explorer window will open to your profile folder location.

I do not believe these themes work 100 percent on Windows or if they will even attempt to install. But I'll give it a shot and let you know how it fares on Win7. :D

Edit: Managed to get it to install on Win7 (steps can included if you really want them), but this is not something that I would recommend you trying to use on anything but the Mac. Scrollbars are not skinned, menu bar always shows, Firefox button out of kilter, bookmarks toolbar has some issues, etc., etc.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
MarkRF

Post by MarkRF »

I really miss this theme and would be grateful (and would donate a modest amount) if you'd bring it back (OS X 10.11).

Thanks
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

MarkRF wrote:I really miss this theme and would be grateful (and would donate a modest amount) if you'd bring it back (OS X 10.11).

Thanks

Would you do a 100+ hours work for 10 bucks?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
MarkRF

Post by MarkRF »

good point.

Sadly, I do professional work for less. I'm retired (not by choice) and, essentially, donate all of my services doing event photography for charities.

But reasonable people expect to be paid fairly for their work. Artists, though, tend to be unreasonable.

As a programmer, you cross boundaries and decide whether or not your art is worth maintaining for your own sake — what it's worth to you on a personal level.
Considering this work as a job — you'd be crazy to do the work.
I was a member of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Electric_Cat and have been doing this way too long.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

MarkRF wrote:As a programmer, you cross boundaries and decide whether or not your art is worth maintaining for your own sake — what it's worth to you on a personal level.

You're quite right and it's not unreasonable for you, or any other user, to state that they miss a theme. Mea culpa.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Like pretty much any theme that isn't currently being actively developed, this one is almost certainly never coming back. Consider that ressurecting a theme this bit-rotted is bound to take months of work... probably more like a whole year to build all of the new graphics and get everything running smooth, and that Mozilla has announced that they will be dumping the current Firefox interface in about a year's time. After that, any current Firefox themes will ALL stop working and it's likely that they will not be building a theme infrastructure at all into the new interface. So save your $10.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
diderot

Post by diderot »

Larzon 83 was, actually, working on a new version and you could try it if you wanted to run Firefox 34:

http://larzon83.deviantart.com/art/CrAp ... -212515458

But it is true that it is not up to date, and presumably won't work next year.