GrApple theme stuff ...

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

ZipperSeven wrote:Awesome work as always, Aronnax.

What's changed between this version and .9.9.9.5? I can't see anything has changed (at least, so far.)

Edit, errr...ignore this, I'm a tool. There's graphite versions now, awesome!

- one bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=434240 was fixed
- the RSS, Star and Autocomplete-History-Dropmarker buttons have now a different kind of blue

and the graphite versions have changes:
- in the "AwesomeBar" bar focus state
- every rounded search field focus state
- the select state in the Bookmarks-, History Sidebar and the Library
- the "tree" background in the Library is grey instead of blue

and they have a different image for the progress indicator for the Fission extension

Thats`s all ;-)
Last edited by Aronnax! on June 9th, 2008, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZipperSeven

Post by ZipperSeven »

See thats what I like about you Aronnax, a lot of time theme authors just make a theme and publish it, and never worry about it again. You're always keeping it up to date and tweaking it and keeping it working right. I appreciate that a lot!
isleofjib

Post by isleofjib »

ZipperSeven wrote:See thats what I like about you Aronnax, a lot of time theme authors just make a theme and publish it, and never worry about it again. You're always keeping it up to date and tweaking it and keeping it working right. I appreciate that a lot!

i couldn't agree more. and that's on top of making prolly the best mac theme out there.
VR

Post by VR »

Awesome theme! I've got one question though. I don't know if it's been brought up already, but I'm getting a weird background, behind some favicons, in the address bar. Safari does not seem to exhibit this problem. See screenshot.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9113/picture3ab4.png
Last edited by VR on June 17th, 2008, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

VR wrote:but I'm getting a weird background, behind some favicons, in the address bar.

look here: http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/05/06/635/

Cheers
VR

Post by VR »

I see, thank you!

Do you intend to make any changes to your theme to make this look a bit nicer, like in the default theme? Not that it bothers me that much. I guess I'm just being nit-picky. :P
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

VR wrote:I see, thank you!

Do you intend to make any changes to your theme to make this look a bit nicer, like in the default theme? Not that it bothers me that much. I guess I'm just being nit-picky. :P

no

Cheers
phiw13

Re: GrApple theme stuff ...

Post by phiw13 »

I see a little problem with GrApple and nightly trunk builds (Gecko1.9.1a1pre/Fx3.1a1pre): the left cap of any 'button' with rounded corners is placed one 1px higher than it should:

Image and Image
(first one is the 'allow auto-refresh' button, second one is the hover on the BM bar - changed the background-colour a little) - but all similar buttons are affected.
This doesn't happen with the default theme.

BTW - some of those rounded buttons (e.g. the one on the bm bar) could easily be done using -moz-border-radius and just one image. Or are there still some issues with that in XUL ?
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

@phiw13
Hi, i see the same bug on the "Allow" button but not on the other
and to be true: i do not pay attention to nightly trunk builds bugs currently

But in some weeks again and by the way,
they will use then a lot of the new https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10713 possibilities
and will be therefore Fx 3.1 only

and some buttons in my themes use already -moz-border-radius stuff but not these - these buttons are not really possible with -moz-border-radius stuff

Cheers
Last edited by Aronnax! on June 17th, 2008, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Aronnax! wrote:@phiw13
Hi, i see the same bug on the "Allow" button but not on the other
and to be true: i do not pay attention to nightly trunk builds bugs currently

I see it on the bookmark bar (where it is annoying, the only place where I see it all the time); I don't think my little font-size hack affects this. I'll investigate further.

Aronnax! wrote:But in some weeks again and by the way,
they will then use then a lot of the new https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10713 possibilities
and will be therefore Fx 3.1 only

Yeah, waiting for bug 438517 there, right ? :-) (that may improve UI performance, I think; and simplify the stylesheets a bit).

Aronnax! wrote:and some buttons in my themes use already -moz-border-radius stuff but not these - these buttons are not really possible with -moz-border-radius stuff

Hmm, on the bookmark bar, it should be possible, I think. I'll play with it and let you now.

Anyway, don't worry too much about it – and I understand you don't want to pay too much attention to the latest nightlies, right now. I'll find a way around those small issues.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

"that may improve UI performance, I think; and simplify the stylesheets a bit"
not only a bit ;-) the code for the bookmark bar and tab shadow effects is currently terrible complicated
a real text-shadow feature would make it much, much easier and could be used then for many other GUI parts
---
"bookmark bar, it should be possible, I think."
naturally, search in the Bookmarks Library and you can will find already the same stuff and there build with -moz-border-radius, but the -moz-border-radius has some limitations ... with some images is much more possible
----
" I'll find a way around those small issues."
why? who knows, if the builds a week later have still the same bugs ;-)

Cheers
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Aronnax! wrote:"that may improve UI performance, I think; and simplify the stylesheets a bit"
not only a bit ;-) the code for the bookmark bar and tab shadow effects is currently terrible complicated
a real text-shadow feature would make it much, much easier and could be used then for many other GUI parts

Lol. My comment was the-understatement-of-the-day kinda thing. Your 'terrible complicated' is also an understatement :-).
That whole fake text-shadow currently in use is just plain terrible.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

phiw13 wrote:Lol. My comment was the-understatement-of-the-day kinda thing. Your 'terrible complicated' is also an understatement :-).
That whole fake text-shadow currently in use is just plain terrible.

;-) no, it is cool and nice - only the code is terrible ;-)
ronaldheft

Post by ronaldheft »

Not to be nit picky, but I noticed a couple minor bugs with the location bar.

For secure sites with location information (like PayPal) it appears the green background extends one pixel below the location bar: http://homepage.mac.com/ronald.heft/.Pu ... secure.png

For websites that are trusted, there are a couple of bugs. The blue background appears to be a pixel over on both the bottom and left. Also, when using Fission, the loading bar breaks into the middle of the blue background causing a weird display: http://homepage.mac.com/ronald.heft/.Pu ... rusted.png

Thanks in advance for looking into these bugs.
inquisitioner

Post by inquisitioner »

Great theme. Despite the fact that it is not intended for the system, it works well on Windows. If possible, I'd like to ask how I might fix the popup menu (right click/file,edit,etc menu's/bookmark folders on Toobar). The problem: its see through (100%) and extremely large (including the text) relative to everything else. Thanks in advance if you are able to help, though I understand if you do not.