GrApple theme stuff ...

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

virtual_reality wrote:Aronnax!, I do not know if this is an error with your theme or with Firefox 3b5, but whenever I open up Firefox for the first time a tab is not shown in the tab bar.

The reason is likely a broken FF settings file.
Someone else reported the same problem some weeks ago and he fixed it with a new Profil.

to delete the prefs.js file is likely enough to fix the problem - the file is here:
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxx.default/

or create a new Profile - look here for more information therefore:
http://support.mozilla.com/de/kb/Managing+profiles
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Cheers
virtual_reality

Post by virtual_reality »

smsmith wrote:^Preferences -> Tabs -> make sure "Always show the tab bar" is checked.

Look in the screenshot, the tab bar is there with no tabs displayed in it.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Yes, you're right, I see it now. Sorry about that.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
virtual_reality

Post by virtual_reality »

Aronnax! wrote:
virtual_reality wrote:Aronnax!, I do not know if this is an error with your theme or with Firefox 3b5, but whenever I open up Firefox for the first time a tab is not shown in the tab bar.

The reason is likely a broken FF settings file.
Someone else reported the same problem some weeks ago and he fixed it with a new Profil.

to delete the prefs.js file is likely enough to fix the problem - the file is here:
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxx.default/

or create a new Profile - look here for more information therefore:
http://support.mozilla.com/de/kb/Managing+profiles
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Cheers

Deleting the pref.js didn't work, and migrating didn't work either - I figured it must be an extension conflict. I found it was due to an extension I had to fix the Firefox2 "bug" of Cmd+W not closing the window if only one tab was opened (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348031). All working great now, thanks for your help!
remain

Post by remain »

Hi.

A small bug to report for GrApple Yummy when used with Tab Mix Plus with "Progress meter on tabs" on:

The loading indicator and the progress meter are stuck together.

No problems with GrApple Delicious.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

remain wrote:Hi.

A small bug to report for GrApple Yummy when used with Tab Mix Plus with "Progress meter on tabs" on:

The loading indicator and the progress meter are stuck together.

No problems with GrApple Delicious.

Well, it is easy to prevent stuff like this.
A theme must use only the same code as the win. default theme and should resign every substantial change. Or a theme with bigger differences can add countless additional changes for every of the million Tab Mix Plus setting variations.

And both will never happen with a GrApple theme.

Cheers
remain

Post by remain »

Yeah, you're right. It is true that it's difficult to plug every little hole that results in mixing a big extension like TMP and any non-default theme.

Well, this is a very minor issue. I don't really mind it that much at all. It was just a little something that I noticed, and I thought that if it were very easy to fix with almost no effort or time, then so much the better, but if not, too bad; it doesn't really matter.

I'm just glad the major issues that do hinder usability (for instance, with the issue with the Close Tab button) have been resolved.
Divine

Post by Divine »

Ok, I guess there isn´t anything to add to this spam attack from Durbazinus, but does this mean this thread officially died...?
isleofjib

Post by isleofjib »

i hope not. but the whole safari theme going on with that waste of a post was kinda amusing considering what browser this theme is inspired by. :D
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Divine and isleofjib,
You could have reported it and we would have removed it sooner...

Report spam here: Moderation / Spam / Registration / Login Activation Requests
Urtho

Post by Urtho »

Aronnax,

First, I love your themes, especially in comparison to the defaults. However, is there any plans to make a lighter version, as the current versions for FF3 just feel so needlessly dark on Tiger. I have been using Uno since it was released, and the color on that was perfect, but now with FF3 finally fixing the bug that was keeping me from using it, and being so much faster than 2, I have no theme that really fits my system anymore. I would use Uno still, but it is horribly broken on FF3.

If there is a simple way to change all these colors in say userChrome.css, I would be more than happy to make the edit, just to get back some contrast on the tab bar and the status bar.

Thank you for your most excellent work, hope you keep it up.

-Urtho
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hi,
"any plans to make a lighter version"
No, but Markus Stange want to build a special Tiger Theme and
it goes in this direction: http://tests.themasta.com/fftigertheme.png

Instructions for UNO user comes likely in the next days and then together with the 1.0 versions

Cheers
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

Urtho wrote:Aronnax,

First, I love your themes, especially in comparison to the defaults. However, is there any plans to make a lighter version, as the current versions for FF3 just feel so needlessly dark on Tiger. I have been using Uno since it was released, and the color on that was perfect, but now with FF3 finally fixing the bug that was keeping me from using it, and being so much faster than 2, I have no theme that really fits my system anymore. I would use Uno still, but it is horribly broken on FF3.

If there is a simple way to change all these colors in say userChrome.css, I would be more than happy to make the edit, just to get back some contrast on the tab bar and the status bar.

Thank you for your most excellent work, hope you keep it up.

-Urtho

Hi Aronnax!,
I completely agree with Urtho. The theme on Tiger is a bit dark, any way in which either you (or us) can lighten it up a bit?? Other than that, it DOES look super!
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hi,
and now the 1.0 versions:
GrApple Delicious (blue) 1.0 + GrApple Delicious (graphite) 1.0
and
GrApple Yummy (blue) 1.0 + GrApple Yummy (graphite) 1.0

http://www.takebacktheweb.org/

a graphite example:

Cheers
ZipperSeven

Post by ZipperSeven »

Awesome work as always, Aronnax.

What's changed between this version and .9.9.9.5? I can't see anything has changed (at least, so far.)

Edit, errr...ignore this, I'm a tool. There's graphite versions now, awesome!