GrApple theme stuff ...

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hidea wrote:YAY!

Aronnax!, do we have to wait for bug 406730 to be officially patched to be able to use the update on your theme?

exactly

Regards
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

With the latest build, some strange display of the search bar at the bottom:

Not sure what caused this, may be bug 412646 ?

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008040917 Minefield/3.0pre
Hidea

Post by Hidea »

I have the same issue as well :(.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hi,
try these themes with a nightly:

GrApple Delicious (blue) Version 0.9.9.8.2
http://www.takebacktheweb.org/themes/fi ... .9.8.2.jar

GrApple Yummy (blue) Version 0.9.9.8.2
http://www.takebacktheweb.org/themes/fi ... .9.8.2.jar

Cheers
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Aronnax! wrote: try these themes with a nightly:

That fixes the issue here.
isleofjib

Post by isleofjib »

i keep getting the "open with and save file as" box. these aren't wanting to install as add-ons. even tried to d/l and drop in FF with no success. what am i doing wrong?
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

1. download the jar file
2. quit the browser
3. move the downloaded jar file into your profile folder > extensions
4. restart the browser

the theme will be updated during the start up process
athe0s

AIOS?

Post by athe0s »

Could you please please add some support for the All-In-One Sidebar extension? As much as I love the extension, it looks pretty ugly with GrApple :)
Aronnax!

Re: AIOS?

Post by Aronnax! »

athe0s wrote:Could you please please add some support for the All-In-One Sidebar extension? As much as I love the extension, it looks pretty ugly with GrApple :)

Ok,

i change this in my themes

sidebarheader {
background: #DEE0E3 url("chrome://browser/skin/sidebar_bg.png") repeat-x right bottom !important;
}

add this:
#aios-toggle-toolbar {
background-color: #D4DDE5 !important;
border-right: 1px solid #9FA9B5 !important;
}

and this:

#aios-toolbar {
background-color: #D4DDE5 !important;
border-right: 1px solid #9FA9B5 !important;
}

and if you want
#viewButton {
background-image: none !important;
}
fix as well a problem together with All-In-One Sidebar, but it will be not added in the theme

----

try please all the stuff in the userChrome.css and let me know, if it is better then
or if other parts should be changed as well

Cheers
athe0s

Post by athe0s »

Thanks! It's already better, still some problems about selected items in the panel:
- Downloads-button doesn't seem to have "toggled" state (it goes to plain gray when toggled) like bookmarks/history does
- The grey background of the selected items doesn't quite match the other colors

Otherwise nice work!
Hidea

Post by Hidea »

Hey Aronnax!

I'm looking for a way to hide the bookmark icon, as well as the drop down arrow icon in the URL bar. Could you help me with that?

Thanks! ;)
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hidea wrote:Could you help me with that?

Naturally, but i`m not very interested at it to give instructions to destroy the functionality of FF.

sorry ;-)

Cheers
gunpowda

Post by gunpowda »

Hi Aronnax,

Thank you for all the updates. I'm not sure if you remember, but I asked you a question (<a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3304107#3304107">here</a>) about what I thought was Safari 3's default colour on my screen. You explained that it was strangely light coloured. Here's a <a href="http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/43/picture9uq4.png">screenshot</a>.

Much later, after disabling some input manager plugins, I realised that you were entirely correct. I had installed <a href="http://hetima.com/safari/stand-e.html">SafariStand</a>, and then enabled the option 'Remove Metal Texture' -> Medium. I had forgotten about this!

I think it looks very good in Safari, because the light grey provides excellent contrast, particularly for the text on the tab bar. I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) that it's quite similar to the Leopard 'unified' theme, or maybe like Uno?

Do you know how I could achieve a similar look in Firefox? It's one of the only things keeping me away from it. Is there a possibility that you'd update the older unified themes? Otherwise I could try and make the necessary edits.

Thanks so much
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

Hello Aronnax!
I just had to register for this forum so I could personally thank you for such a fantastic theme. I'm using Yummy (BLUE) 0.9.9.8.1 and find it so completely refined with FF3v5b compared to other options available.

One question, though. When I have the Home button in the Bookmarks Bar, it appears as a fabulous outline. When I move it to the Toolbar, it appears as a large black solid object. Do you have any plans to to refine this to appear as an outline on the Toolbar? Today it is of no real concern, as I have the Home button in the Toolbar, but I think I heard it may get moved up?
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

gunpowda wrote:because the light grey provides excellent contrast, particularly for the text on the tab bar. I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) that it's quite similar to the Leopard 'unified' theme, or maybe like Uno?

Do you know how I could achieve a similar look in Firefox? It's one of the only things keeping me away from it. Is there a possibility that you'd update the older unified themes? Otherwise I could try and make the necessary edits.

Thanks so much

Hi,
a light grey version is not a very good idea.

the next versions - appears after Bug 406730 – Correctly style unfocused window on OS X - is ready

will looks:

and as you can see is a light grey already used for the inactive windows

-----
"Otherwise I could try and make the necessary edits"
When you want to change the themes,
then is primary the globalBindings.xml file - the images from global/toolbar and global/toolbar.css interesting,
but the next versions will have endless changes and it is not a good idea to start before these versions appears.

and by the way,
GrApple themes with a different color are anyway intended. I`m not sure about the color, but it will be for sure not a new grey variation.

Cheers