GrApple theme stuff ...

Discuss application theming and theme development.
isleofjib

Post by isleofjib »

hey aaaxxx, see my previous posts about this problem with yummy and TMP. i hope it gets fixed soon but so far no luck. i prefer yummy but have to stick with delicious because of the close tabs problem.
aaaxxx

Post by aaaxxx »

you wrote something about some code the TMP guys gave you for the userchrome.css that would fix that prob until you disable TMP.
so what. i won't disable that extension.
can u plz post that code?!
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

aaaxxx wrote:you wrote something about some code the TMP guys gave you for the userchrome.css that would fix that prob until you disable TMP.

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button {
display: none !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=always][tabxleft=on] .always-left ,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=current][tabxleft=on][selected="true"] .always-left ,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=current_hover][tabxleft=on][selected="true"] .always-left ,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=always]:not([tabxleft=on]) .always-right ,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=current]:not([tabxleft=on])[selected="true"] .always-right,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=current_hover]:not([tabxleft=on])[selected="true"] .always-right,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=showhover][showbutton=on] .showhover ,
.tabbrowser-tab[tabx=current_hover][showbutton=on]:not([selected="true"]) .showhover {
display: -moz-box !important;
}

--------
or you can open the theme and remove from browser/browser.css

.tab-close-button {
list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/closetab.png");
-moz-appearance: none;
-moz-margin-start: -5px;
-moz-padding-end: -1px;
border: none !important;
padding: 0px;
padding-top: 3px;
}

this code part:

Cheers
isleofjib

Post by isleofjib »

aaaxxx wrote:you wrote something about some code the TMP guys gave you for the userchrome.css that would fix that prob until you disable TMP.

keep in mind, if you're testing the FF nightly's, it will occasionally break TMP until oneman get's his next nightly out.

thx aronnax.
yqiang

fix new SSL indicators in the URL bar

Post by yqiang »

I don't know how other people feel about the way accessing secure (sites with a valid SSl certificate) sites looks now, but I think it's rather ugly:

See
http://yiqiang.org/gallery/ff_ssl.png

For an example to see what I'm talking about.

Annorax: Any reservations about changing it to something more subtle? You probably can't do the same thing as Safari, i.e., placing a lock in the window title, but maybe something else?
Aronnax!

Re: fix new SSL indicators in the URL bar

Post by Aronnax! »

yqiang wrote:I don't know how other people feel about the way accessing secure (sites with a valid SSl certificate) sites looks now, but I think it's rather ugly:

See
http://yiqiang.org/gallery/ff_ssl.png

For an example to see what I'm talking about.

Annorax: Any reservations about changing it to something more subtle? You probably can't do the same thing as Safari, i.e., placing a lock in the window title, but maybe something else?

it is simply a new FF convention that sites like these have now this green background and it help nobody when every theme would have an own convention - when you want something different, then ask the core Mozilla developer for other conventions

Cheers
Zondajag

Post by Zondajag »

hey aronnax im a fan of your work, ive used your themes a lot for quite some time now but i now have a problem.

It seems that when installing uno and setting it to a dark shade, with your theme applied firefox 3.0 b5 suddenly gets a very light titlebar which doesnt revert back to the unified look even with userchrome.css modifications taken away.

Any idea what would cause this? What modifications to firefox could the uno installer make to produce such a change in colour?
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Zondajag wrote:hey aronnax im a fan of your work, ive used your themes a lot for quite some time now but i now have a problem.

It seems that when installing uno and setting it to a dark shade, with your theme applied firefox 3.0 b5 suddenly gets a very light titlebar which doesnt revert back to the unified look even with userchrome.css modifications taken away.

Any idea what would cause this? What modifications to firefox could the uno installer make to produce such a change in colour?

well, UNO change the title bar
normally need it again special themes, but i will not create special themes for UNO anymore

i think some instructions to change the style can do the same and it is something what still needs to be done

till then works it together with the normal UNO style in the same kind of way as before
http://www.takebacktheweb.org/themes_2.html
but use this picture: http://www.takebacktheweb.org/themes/stuff/toolbar.gif
a picture for the dark shade comes as well later.

Cheers
Zondajag

Post by Zondajag »

great thanks man, used this with the firefox 3 skin and its blended everything quite nicely...dont know why firefox decided to use a different titlebar this release but i guess it doesnt matter now
outsidewhale

Post by outsidewhale »

It more or less works in Vista despite being Mac OS only, but people probably know this already.

Add the Hide MenuBar extension and you're set.
Liv

Post by Liv »

dazstudios wrote:
Liv wrote:To preface this post: I am using this theme in Windows.

That said, it's pretty much perfect. Looks great except for one thing: the menus - files menus, context menus, etc. - are all transparent. Simply text over whatever the browser is showing.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks

create a pinstripe background or what ever background you feel suitable put that in your userchrome folder and put this in your userchrome

menupopup, popup {
border: 1px solid ThreeDShadow !important;
-moz-border-left-colors: ThreeDShadow !important;
-moz-border-top-colors: ThreeDShadow !important;
-moz-border-right-colors: ThreeDShadow !important;
-moz-border-bottom-colors: ThreeDShadow !important;
padding: 1px !important;
background-image:url(pinstripe-background.gif) !important;
}

Oh damn, this has stopped working since upgrading to FF3 Beta 5... now my menus are like, blinding white.
Hidea

Post by Hidea »

Arronax!

I just want to bring your attention to this:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=406730
http://www.beltzner.ca/mike/archives/20 ... stion.html

Will you be updating your theme anytime soon to support that?
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Markus Stange, who build this has send me yesterday a special FF version with this patch.
It work great so far and has a huge impact on the look and feel.

Themes needs a lot of changes, but the question is more when we see it in FF and not when i support it in my themes ;-)

Cheers
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Bug= 406730
make by the way this possible:

it act great and need still many other theme changes, but it was easier than expected to integrate so far

many thanks Markus Stange - a really great advancement ;-)

Cheers
Hidea

Post by Hidea »

YAY!

Aronnax!, do we have to wait for bug 406730 to be officially patched to be able to use the update on your theme?