Phusion Updated to 0.3

Discuss application theming and theme development.
mserrano

Phusion Updated to 0.3

Post by mserrano »

http://www.uniqueness-template.com/phusion/

<u><b>Changelog</b></u>
  • Modified Bookmark Toolbar folder properties to be the same as bookmark links (the Bookmark Toolbar really is more compact now).
  • Bookmark Toolbar link icons now only light up when clicked (not on mouseover).
  • Fixed Bookmarks Toolbar dropdown menu visibility on startup
  • Fixed some spacing issues with throbber

<u><b>Notes</b></u>
As in 0.2, the "large" icons are color and the "small" icons are greyscale.

-Mike
greg

Post by greg »

thanks for the release!
Ted Mielczarek

nice

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

Definitely very nice. I'd still like larger icons, (Hey I can dream) but I'm using it as my default theme.
cdn

Re: nice

Post by cdn »

Ted Mielczarek wrote:I'd still like larger icons, (Hey I can dream)

How much bigger ? What screen size are you using ?

We can reverse the trend of, ever-smaller compact themes :)

Orbit3 icons are 40x40 - 42x42 approx

I'm about to start another theme*, although the sizing may well apply to "Phoenixity" as well

[* perhaps Orbit4 : ), may be purple icons, except stop/go]
Ted Mielczarek

Re: nice

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

cdn wrote:
Ted Mielczarek wrote:I'd still like larger icons, (Hey I can dream)

How much bigger ? What screen size are you using ?

We can reverse the trend of, ever-smaller compact themes :)

Orbit3 icons are 40x40 - 42x42 approx

I'm about to start another theme*, although the sizing may well apply to "Phoenixity" as well

[* perhaps Orbit4 : ), may be purple icons, except stop/go]

I only run 1024x768, but I find the little tiny icons hard to click on. I prefer the Orbit large size icons, but the Phusion icons are so much nicer looking.
mserrano

Coming soon...

Post by mserrano »

I'm already working on Phusion 0.4... however, unless there are some unresolved issues I don't know about, the only change from 0.3 will be smaller/more compact tabs.

After 0.4 I'm going to work on converting this theme into a Mozilla 1.2 theme that is Phoenix friendly.

Comments? Suggestions?

-Mike
djst

Re: Phusion Updated to 0.3

Post by djst »

mserrano wrote:http://www.uniqueness-template.com/phusion/

<u><b>Changelog</b></u>
  • Modified Bookmark Toolbar folder properties to be the same as bookmark links (the Bookmark Toolbar really is more compact now).
  • Bookmark Toolbar link icons now only light up when clicked (not on mouseover).
  • Fixed Bookmarks Toolbar dropdown menu visibility on startup
  • Fixed some spacing issues with throbber

<u><b>Notes</b></u>
As in 0.2, the "large" icons are color and the "small" icons are greyscale.

-Mike

Updated the listing. http://texturizer.net/phoenix/themes.html#phusion
aspenpete

Toolbar fade

Post by aspenpete »

Could you add a toolbar fade to this skin like orbit 3+1. I would like to use yours as a default but orbit is such eye candy with that very pleasing fade.

Maybe in the next ver...

Thanks,

aspenP
asa

Re: Toolbar fade

Post by asa »

aspenpete wrote:Could you add a toolbar fade to this skin like orbit 3+1. I would like to use yours as a default but orbit is such eye candy with that very pleasing fade.

Please don't add any background color to the toolbar. I prefer to tweak my toolbar background with the OS system theme and not have Phoenix do some who-knows-if-it-will-match toolbar color or pattern. 9 out of 10 times it won't work with the system theme (remember that even older windows versions allow a users to change the color of his toolbars to pink if he wants. It's really nice when Phoenix respects that.)

--Asa
lar3ry

Re: Toolbar fade

Post by lar3ry »

asa wrote:Please don't add any background color to the toolbar. I prefer to tweak my toolbar background with the OS system theme and not have Phoenix do some who-knows-if-it-will-match toolbar color or pattern. 9 out of 10 times it won't work with the system theme (remember that even older windows versions allow a users to change the color of his toolbars to pink if he wants. It's really nice when Phoenix respects that.)

Too bad themes can't have properties (can they?).

I mean, in Tools | Preferences | Themes and Extensions, it would be nice if there could be theme-specified checkboxes:

Apply this theme to:

(x) Toolbars
(x) Buttons
(x) Background
(x) Web pages (J/K)

Then, for people with XP that just HAVE to have their beautiful window themes, let them, and uncheck Background. But those of us stuck with Linux, W98, W95, etc. could have a background optimized for their theme.

Even if there wern't a specific GUI for this, wouldn't it be nice to just tell people to put:

user_pref("theme.phusion.theme_background", false);
user_pref("theme.pinball.theme_background", true);

into user.js?
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" - A. Carlson
Gena01

I have an issue with latest phusion theme.

Post by Gena01 »

I have a couple of "bookmark groups"/folders on my Personal Toolbar. When I click on a folder I get a drop down with a list of links. With new version of Phusion all of the links in the drop down are underlined... and it just looks bad.

Gena01
mserrano

Post by mserrano »

asa wrote:Please don't add any background color to the toolbar. I prefer to tweak my toolbar background with the OS system theme and not have Phoenix do some who-knows-if-it-will-match toolbar color or pattern. 9 out of 10 times it won't work with the system theme (remember that even older windows versions allow a users to change the color of his toolbars to pink if he wants. It's really nice when Phoenix respects that.)

I thought the same thing, but I found the answer to this particular problem: transparency. I've added a semi-transparent gradient to the toolbars which will respect whatever colors you've choosen on your system (even pink ;) ).

Here is Phusion with transparent gradient toolbars under plain ol' Windows 2000:

Here is the same thing but with a WindowBlinds skin:

As you can see, system colors are respected.

This will be included in Phusion 0.4 which will be released shortly.

-Mike
djst

Post by djst »

mserrano wrote:As you can see, system colors are respected.

This will be included in Phusion 0.4 which will be released shortly.

-Mike

Looks good!
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Good job mserrano, I like what you've done.
asa

Post by asa »

mserrano wrote:I thought the same thing, but I found the answer to this particular problem: transparency. I've added a semi-transparent gradient to the toolbars which will respect whatever colors you've choosen on your system (even pink ;) )

Great idea. Looks sharp. I posted a couple of suggestions in your newer thread.

--Asa