GNOME-Tb

Discuss application theming and theme development.
visigotik

Post by visigotik »

I think i solved the menu slowness thing (by replacing the original zebra.css with zebra.css from winstripe)

I changed alert.css on communicator/alerts and also made a copy of it to global/alerts/alert.css because like you said, it was indeed missing.
I changed this part of alert.css:

Code: Select all

.alertBox {
  background-color: moz-Dialog;
  min-height: 50px;
  border-right: 3px solid #7B969C;
  border-bottom: 3px solid #7B969C;
  border-left: 3px solid #7B969C;
  border-top: 3px solid #7B969C;
}

with:

Code: Select all

#alertNotification
{
  background-color: moz-Dialog;
  min-height: 50px;
  border: ridge #7B969C 3px;
}

Download the jar file and try it again.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

visigotik wrote:I think i solved the menu slowness thing (by replacing the original zebra.css with zebra.css from winstripe)

I changed alert.css on communicator/alerts and also made a copy of it to global/alerts/alert.css because like you said, it was indeed missing.

I suppose that now that the theme works correctly, including the zebra.css, you actually expect me to thank you, don't you?

Well, if you really do expect that, let me know, I'll see if perhaps I have a spare "Thank You" around here that I could send to you....
visigotik

Post by visigotik »

John Liebson wrote:I suppose that now that the theme works correctly, including the zebra.css, you actually expect me to thank you, don't you?

Well, if you really do expect that, let me know, I'll see if perhaps I have a spare "Thank You" around here that I could send to you....

Actually no Image, but you should thank Omar for his nice theme though.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

visigotik wrote:Actually no , but you should thank Omar for his nice theme though.

Omar was thanked, more than once, by many of us in the past, myself included; now, I would not know how to reach him

Found another problem, which, as the feature was not in TB when the theme was created, I don't find surprising: Tools, Options, Advanced, General, Config Edtor does not work.

[EDIT] What is surprising is that I believe I fixed the problem:

I opened the .jar for Thunderstrip, found, in Global, config.css; copied it into Gnome-TB; opened TB, clicked on Tools, Options, Advanced, General, Config Editor, editor opened.

Scared myself so badly I sent my self a thank-you....
floydstyle

Post by floydstyle »

guys, where is the link to download the version that works with 1.4.1 nightly branch?
Eyes-Only

Post by Eyes-Only »

@finalcut: Hi! It's in the first post on this page at the bottom of the .css coding. :) Well, that's the one that works with the 1.5betas anyway.

@visigotik: THANKS for fixing this wonderful theme to work in 1.5Beta! Between your hard work and John Liebson's beta-testing and discovery of problems here and there, and Aaron's pointer, it's just fabulous to have this theme back up and operational in my favourite email client. :D

@John Liebson: Man! I love your sense of humour! And I do have lots of spare "thank you's" floating around here. They grow in my heart. Thank you John for your contributions as well. Hope yours that you sent yourself came through A-Okie! ;) LOL!

Keep up the great work guys---you're all a real credit to the Mozilla Theming Community! A job and a pleasure I unfortunately am unable to partake thereof...

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
--
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a person in need and heal them." KDpup-484, LucidPup-511, SM2+/FX4+/TB31+
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Eyes-Only wrote:@John Liebson: Man! I love your sense of humour! And I do have lots of spare "thank you's" floating around here. They grow in my heart. Thank you John for your contributions as well. Hope yours that you sent yourself came through A-Okie! ;) LOL!

That is quite enough of that: I don't take kindly to be accused of being an Okie.....
Eyes-Only

Post by Eyes-Only »

LOL! Sorry, English isn't my native language. hehe! I believe non-Akadiens speakers write that, "A-Okay". ;)

À bientôt,

Eyes-Only
:D
--
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a person in need and heal them." KDpup-484, LucidPup-511, SM2+/FX4+/TB31+
floydstyle

Post by floydstyle »

Eyes-Only wrote:@finalcut: Hi! It's in the first post on this page at the bottom of the .css coding. :) Well, that's the one that works with the 1.5betas anyway.

oh gosh I didnt realise it was for thunderbird
and after installed, it work perfectly
is there an actual mod for firefox 1.4.1 branch nightly?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051011 Firefox/1.4.1 ID:2005101105
visigotik

Post by visigotik »

I changed it again to include John Liebson's fix for the config editor.
Here's a big thanks to John Liebson:
THANKS!
:wink:

Download GnomeTB for TB 1.5

PS: I'll try to change the preferences panel icons later.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Blush

Seriously, I'm glad I was able to help. This is not something I'm often able to do, not being a computer-programming person.
floydstyle

Post by floydstyle »

I wish there was one for firefox 1.5 nightly branch :(
visigotik

Post by visigotik »

finalcut wrote:I wish there was one for firefox 1.5 nightly branch :(

Well if someone is thinking of making such a theme they should probably use the tango icons which will be used by gnome in the future...

Sample icon gallery:
http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Gallery
blatz

Post by blatz »

visigotik wrote:
finalcut wrote:I wish there was one for firefox 1.5 nightly branch :(

Well if someone is thinking of making such a theme they should probably use the tango icons which will be used by gnome in the future...

Sample icon gallery:
http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Gallery

nice icon set, can somebody make a theme with the icons for Firefox and Thunderbird ?

Gnome-TB-Mod is working on TB 1.5 ;)
Firefox: Version 2.0 // Thunderbird: Version 2.0
AngelusX

Post by AngelusX »

will somebody be making a set for TB, maybe blatz cuase I've seen tahat you've made a set for FF so maybe for TB too?