GNOME-Tb

Discuss application theming and theme development.
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

Very nice theme. Can you also get it listed at update.mozilla.org? See the FAQ overthere on how to get it listed.
I now discovered this wonderful theme by accident. I'm currently working on a GNOME Firefox theme so maybe we can collaborate so that we have the same icons for the same actions.

Are you working on a version for 0.8 already?
Author of Firefox Extensions:ReloadEvery and DictionarySearch
For cheap English books try my price comparison site CheapRiver.com
element

Post by element »

guzzi333 wrote:Are you working on a version for 0.8 already?

Yeah, I would love to have a 0.8 version. I prefer Gnome-Tb to Nautical. Somehow Gnome-Tb feels better and looks more like Gnome.
Omar

Post by Omar »

The last version from a couple weeks back should work fine on 0.8-- it works for me, at least.
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

Yes it works. :-) NOTE I just read (I guess I'm just a bit to late) that Garett leSage of Novell released a GNOME Industrial Firefox theme. It looks pretty nice. If you look in jar there are also the GIMP files with all the icons in layers so it's easy to copy them if you might need them. He has buttons which conform to the GNOME standard that they not just fade but that there is some raster on them when they are disabled.
Omar

Post by Omar »

That is a very nice theme, makes me want to work harder on mine... a little. It has some nice bits that I could use, but I'm not sure about the raster effect, it seems a lot of work with so many images.
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

The raster effect is not so hard actually. It is just a layer mask you put over your icons and you also change the transparency a bit just look at the GIMP files (.xcf) in the theme.
Omar

Post by Omar »

The way my theme is set up it would take a long time, plus I'm not very good with the GIMP (or any image program really) but I'll give it a try.
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

It also took me a while to learn to work with a real image program like the GIMP. This is a pretty good guide for the GIMP http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/
grzybu

Post by grzybu »

wow! it's brilliant. I love it :] Good job!
cupton

Post by cupton »

guzzi333 wrote:Very nice theme. Can you also get it listed at update.mozilla.org? See the FAQ overthere on how to get it listed.
I now discovered this wonderful theme by accident. I'm currently working on a GNOME Firefox theme so maybe we can collaborate so that we have the same icons for the same actions.

Are you working on a version for 0.8 already?

Would love to have a good Gnome theme for Firefox! Anxiously awaiting...

Thanks!
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

cupton wrote:Would love to have a good Gnome theme for Firefox! Anxiously awaiting...

Thanks!

I guess you have to wait a bit for my theme. But you can already use the one of Novell which is for the industrial theme of gnome but blends in pretty nicely in default gnome. I see that I forgot to post the link http://linuxart.com/log/archives/2004/0 ... r-firefox/
My theme will be slight variation of that theme
cupton

Post by cupton »

guzzi333 wrote:
cupton wrote:Would love to have a good Gnome theme for Firefox! Anxiously awaiting...

Thanks!

I guess you have to wait a bit for my theme. But you can already use the one of Novell which is for the industrial theme of gnome but blends in pretty nicely in default gnome. I see that I forgot to post the link http://linuxart.com/log/archives/2004/0 ... r-firefox/
My theme will be slight variation of that theme

I tried that one earlier today after I saw the post here (searched on Google and it gave me the link) and it's not working too well in Windows yet. Thanks for the update thought.
guzzi333

Post by guzzi333 »

No it indeed doesn't. I asked a question on this list http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=132470 on how to get a theme that works well in both. The theme that's shipped with the Linux version of Firefox has the same problem as the Industrial theme on Windows. So I was wondering how some theme editors get it to work on both OSes
Omar

Post by Omar »

New version today; nothing big, just a few little things to bring out the GNOME flavor.
mafiajak

Post by mafiajak »

awesome theme man i love it but i want to make the next/previous buttons blue but i dont know where to put this:
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/blue.css");

i am new to this, do i put it in one of the .css files in the jar? or what?
thank u and once again, great theme