Whitehart Development [Discontinued]

Discuss application theming and theme development.
DonGato

Re: Whitehart Development [FFX+TB]

Post by DonGato »

Can you point me to the theme you're using so I can try it and see why happens?

In the mean time try to download the version again and see if I fixed that issue.

http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/whi ... 9.0-fx.jar

No more reports? Everything works ok/as it should?
Slochy

Post by Slochy »

DonGato wrote:Can you point me to the theme you're using so I can try it and see why happens?

In the mean time try to download the version again and see if I fixed that issue.

http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/whi ... 9.0-fx.jar

No more reports? Everything works ok/as it should?

Cool, that version fixed it, the vertical line is gone completely now.

But for the records: I'm on Vista using the following theme

http://ralph1975.deviantart.com/art/Smooth-76832898

Thanks again, mate!
Last edited by Slochy on June 22nd, 2008, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NetAntwerp

Post by NetAntwerp »

Hi DonGato,
There seems to be a slight incompatibility with Whitehart 2.9 Beta and the Twitterfox extension. The browser window is 100% transparent with the Twitterfox extension enabled.

Hope this minor issue is fixed soon - Whitehart is one of my favourite Fx themes.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:No more reports? Everything works ok/as it should?

the background tabs of the tab control (such as the one in the advanced options, not the tab bar) have gotten darker, 2.x levels were fine.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes al_9x, that should be fixed for the final release.

I will see if I can do something with the Twitterfox issue nvc, but don't know much about the extension. If I need to register to be able to use it then it's a no-go.
taras

Post by taras »

I still get the line - only even thicker! (Fresh installation of FF3, latest Whitehart downloaded):

(apologies for terrible gif compression!)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

al_9x wrote:
  1. it seems you added options to the about dialog, thank you, however clicking ok doesn't close it, and closing from the title bar doesn't set the selected options
  2. the tab bar now has a solid bottom border like before but the inactive tabs also have a dashed bottom border. This double border does not seem to me to be a change for the better.

First should be fixed by now. Second, I don't get it... you said that you wanted a separation between each row of tabs. As I personally don't use that option I don't care much. You want it or not? Take in account it won't be like before (a solid border at the top of each tab not conflicting with the already set border):

At most what I can do is add a solid border at the bottom instead of the dashed one.

taras, it's already known as posted before (viewtopic.php?p=3534145#p3534145) and won't be fixed soon.

People, please read the thread before reporting. It's just three pages... I think I don't ask much.
taras

Post by taras »

Sorry, I did read it but then you said "No more reports? Everything works ok/as it should?" so I thought you may have thought it was working.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Sorry I was a little hard with my comment taras. ;)

Well, this is the version I will post to AMO unless there is someone saying he found a bug in the next hours.

http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/whi ... 3.0-fx.jar

Take in account that the top border on selected tab will still be there for the first release and that (maybe) I will work on it for the next release but I might consider dropping it as I don't dislike much the current format. :P
DOS2

Post by DOS2 »

:D
Thank you so much for the quick updates and fixes!
I've been able to tweak the files and my Firefox is happy again :)

al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:Second, I don't get it... you said that you wanted a separation between each row of tabs. As I personally don't use that option I don't care much. You want it or not?

a dashed border between tab rows is fine, the problem is the double border on the last row (also if just one row), dashed then solid, that looks wrong.

NetAntwerp

Post by NetAntwerp »

DonGato, you don't need a twitter account to install the twitterfox add-on. The issue can be replicated even without a twitter account.
Pitch

Post by Pitch »

Hola don Gato,
I'm not sure if it's too late for revisions, but to me the tab bar looks substantially different and less integrated in Firefox 3. I know you said you can't fix part of it, but even a little revision would go a long way. It looks the same with Tab Mix Plus & Colored Tabs enabled or disabled. Here's a screen shot:

Thanks so much for all you work!

EDIT: Also, when I click save on the options box in Whitehart 3.0, it doesn't actually close it or save it.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

DOS2, I'm glad you like it. :)

al_9x, will see if I can do something about it.

nvc, I tried but the full window doesn't load. Don't know what this extensions does but it brakes all Firefox and there is no way to debug after that. Better report it to the extension developer.

Pitch, I already said that I know that the selected tab isn't as good as before but there will be no fix soon. I don't have the time needed to find a solution and I invested already a lot on fixing this theme for 3.0. About the options box, look at the error console when you click the save options button and post me the error message you get.
dasuser

Post by dasuser »

DonGato,
Thank you for updating this theme for Firefox 3. It is by far the best theme I've found for Firefox.

However, there was one thing that annoyed me, which I took the liberty to fix in my installed version - the gradient and white accent behind the favicons on secure pages. Embedded below are the 2 files I modified to achieve the change to a flat look, and a comparison shot.

If it wouldn't be a hassle and doesn't break anything, please include this change in the next revision you release.

Comparison shot

navbar-textbox-buttons.png, no gradients

urlbar-favicon-glow.png, all transparent