Whitehart Development [Discontinued]

Discuss application theming and theme development.
al_9x

Re: Whitehart Development [FFX+TB]

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote: let me know if there is any other issue with this extension.

DonGato, I guessed you were running with "darker tab bar" option, turn it off and take a look, the Aronnax fix will not be there and the foreground tab color is off.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato,
View Cookies Extension adds a tab and its icon to the "page info" dialog and when the "no color" option is set the icon looks all messed up. Is this something in your power to fix?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Ups! Yes, I missed to check the standard color. Now it should be fixed (re-download 3.0.2).

Well, the "no color" option has to do a trick that could cause trouble by setting the important declaration for all the CSS properties. What I did is add the button customization to the theme (in the same 3.0.2). In any case I think that the extension isn't needed anymore with the changes done by FFX3 to the info tab.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

Hi,
i think it is as well a good idea, when you add a padding: 4px 2px 2px 2px;
here:

.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] {
border: 1px solid #666;
border-top-style: none;
-moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px;
background-color: #EEE !important;
background-image: none;
padding: 4px 2px 2px 2px;
}
to prevent that the text, favicon and close button jump some pixel, when you switch the tabs

Cheers
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

That's intended. To give the feeling of the tab coming on top.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:Ups! Yes, I missed to check the standard color. Now it should be fixed (re-download 3.0.2).

Well, the "no color" option has to do a trick that could cause trouble by setting the important declaration for all the CSS properties. What I did is add the button customization to the theme (in the same 3.0.2). In any case I think that the extension isn't needed anymore with the changes done by FFX3 to the info tab.

Thanks, those two issues are closed. One more thing, in a multi-row scenario, taking the normal (single) tab row and active tab as a baseline, the last (bottom) row is a bit larger, the other rows are bit smaller. The active tab is a bit larger and there is no gap between its bottom border and the bottom border of the row (except on the last row, because it's larger). Could you make everything the same size as the baseline for multi-row?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

You drive me nuts. Image Image

Re-download it and see if that's what you had in mind.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:You drive me nuts. Image Image

Re-download it and see if that's what you had in mind.

I am sorry, just that I have gotten so used to it I notice these things.

For the single row:
  • shorten the active tab by 1 pixel
  • shorten the row by 3 pixels

For the multi-row:
  • shorten the active tab by 1 pixel
  • shorten the row by 1 pixel
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Maybe later... maybe not. You fix this for multi-row and then break single row or TMP-less styling. So it stays as it is now. Is the best I can do and I don't want to invest more time in pixel matters. Sorry.

Nothing more to report?
I will post to AMO tomorrow then.
ZonkSJx

Post by ZonkSJx »

Don Gato.

I cant show the visual on here because this button isnt really seen very often.

You know how when firefox starts and you have updates, it gives you the option to install updates, or to "skip" ?

well the skip button is kind of messed up. It shows 3 rows of icons. I had noticed it at work, but forgot to create a screen
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:Maybe later... maybe not. You fix this for multi-row and then break single row or TMP-less styling. So it stays as it is now. Is the best I can do and I don't want to invest more time in pixel matters. Sorry.

Nothing more to report?
I will post to AMO tomorrow then.

if you have to chose between single row and multi-row looking better, single row should win. Right now multi row looks better. In the single row case, the gap between the bottom edge of the active tab and the bottom edge of the row has gotten noticeably and needlessly larger and uglier.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

ZonkSJx, it's easy... browse to https://www.verisign.com/

al_9x, I will revert the change then. If you don't use multi-row the single row is shown properly. The issue is with multi-row.
ZonkSJx

Post by ZonkSJx »

Ohh no.. I was talking about the Addon Window on Firefox 3.0. When Firefox starts and sees that extensions and themes have updates, it asks you to install or skip.. the skip button has three rows of icons. It's kind of hard to send a screen because all of my extensions are updated, so I would have to wait until a new version of any extension or theme I have is available. soo in easier terms.. addon manager.. would you like to install or skip, skip button is the one with errors, If not understandable, I guess Ill have to wait until I receive updates to make a screen shot
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

DonGato wrote:ZonkSJx, it's easy... browse to https://www.verisign.com/

al_9x, I will revert the change then. If you don't use multi-row the single row is shown properly. The issue is with multi-row.

Hopefully you can resolve it at some future date, after this major version bump frenzy is over.
NetAntwerp

Post by NetAntwerp »

DonGato wrote:
nvc wrote:DonGato, you don't need a twitter account to install the twitterfox add-on. The issue can be replicated even without a twitter account.

Well, I fixed the issue so you can re-download 3.0.2 and let me know if there is any other issue with this extension.

Thanks, it's working perfectly now :)