Past Modern theme Development

Discuss application theming and theme development.
shmerl

Re: Past Modern theme Development

Post by shmerl »

Kuden: Anyhow, I tested the theme (0.3.09.08.10) with Firefox 3.6b2pre and it works. You can update the max version there and that's it.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

shmerl wrote:Kuden: Anyhow, I tested the theme (0.3.09.08.10) with Firefox 3.6b2pre and it works. You can update the max version there and that's it.

No. There are a lot of changes in the theme after August 10.
acidtoy

Post by acidtoy »

Dear Kuden,

i found your enhanced Modern skin THE BATTLE OF "REAL MODERN" for Seamonkey but ¡shame on me! can't figure how to install the downloaded .jar file. Can you give me some advice please?

Domo arigato gozaimashita.

Martín
Mar del Plata/ARGENTINA

EDIT: just as easy as dropping the file in the Theme selector window =P but, alas, it not works with latest Seamonkey 2.0, you would be incredible is you find time to make it compatible, it's a wonderfully nice theme. Best.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

acidtoy wrote:Dear Kuden,

i found your enhanced Modern skin THE BATTLE OF "REAL MODERN" for Seamonkey but ¡shame on me! can't figure how to install the downloaded .jar file. Can you give me some advice please?

Domo arigato gozaimashita.

Martín
Mar del Plata/ARGENTINA

EDIT: just as easy as dropping the file in the Theme selector window =P but, alas, it not works with latest Seamonkey 2.0, you would be incredible is you find time to make it compatible, it's a wonderfully nice theme. Best.

Hi!

Kudens theme is for Firefox. However the Modern theme that comes with SeaMonkey 2.0 incorporates most if not all of Kudens modern improvements (thank you very much Kuden!). So let us know what you are missing in our 2.0 Modern theme and we'll do our best to add it to the next version of SeaMonkey.

Phil
acidtoy

Post by acidtoy »

Hi Phil, thanks for such a swift response!

Well, actually, I start using Seamonkey as a separate browser for my work duties and left FF just for casual surfing - Opera is no longer a choice for me here in Linux since it's fonts are a lot "blurry" and so on it's interfase even with antialiasing off. I left Seamonkey alone for work because without all the addons it's a way lot faster than FF when launch and faster in overall funcionality.

Since I'm still surfing SM addons right now I stop by the Kuden theme and found it much more clear, sharp and improved over the built-in theme - which is already great.
If you compare the two themes you will notice what I say ipso facto.

Thank you very much for your time Phil :)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

acidtoy wrote:Well, actually, I start using Seamonkey as a separate browser for my work duties and left FF just for casual surfing - Opera is no longer a choice for me here in Linux since it's fonts are a lot "blurry" and so on it's interfase even with antialiasing off. I left Seamonkey alone for work because without all the addons it's a way lot faster than FF when launch and faster in overall funcionality.

Since I'm still surfing SM addons right now I stop by the Kuden theme and found it much more clear, sharp and improved over the built-in theme - which is already great.
If you compare the two themes you will notice what I say ipso facto.

Thank you very much for your time Phil :)

Continued in the SeaMonkey->Features forum here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1568445.

Phil
iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

I see you updated this theme so it works with Firefox v3.6. =D>
I actually reverted back to v3.5 because this is one of my most important items!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

PS
Any chance you'll also make a 'Past modern' persona? I don't know what the advantage is of that, but I'm afraid that in newer versions I might no longer be able to use the 'old style' themes.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Hi iycgtptyarvg,

iycgtptyarvg wrote:I see you updated this theme so it works with Firefox v3.6. =D>
I actually reverted back to v3.5 because this is one of my most important items!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

My pleasure! :D

iycgtptyarvg wrote:PS
Any chance you'll also make a 'Past modern' persona? I don't know what the advantage is of that, but I'm afraid that in newer versions I might no longer be able to use the 'old style' themes.

It is already impossible for me to cope to the same change as Firefox 3. :(
Almost the same change as Firefox 3 is scheduled to be done in Firefox 4.
Therefore, I will end the development of Past Modern by Firefox 3.7.
iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

Kuden wrote:Therefore, I will end the development of Past Modern by Firefox 3.7.

That makes me a sad panda. :cry:
shmerl

Post by shmerl »

Kuden wrote:Therefore, I will end the development of Past Modern by Firefox 3.7.

Yes, that's sad.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Indeed, you are an important member of the theming folks around here.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
shmerl

Post by shmerl »

Kuden: I noticed that after the last update, default controls for <video> and <audio> player look better. Thanks.
StyxD

Post by StyxD »

Hi
This is easily my favourite theme, but there's one thing I miss. I use a lot of custom buttons, so I added another toolbar, however it's colouring doesn't mesh with the default ones. It's like this - you can clearly see, that the custom toolbar is a too light. Could you please make it's colour more fitting? You did this for the Phoenity Modern theme (which is no longer supported in FF 3.6). If you don't want to bother with a gradient, could you at least make it darker? Thank you.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Hi StyxD,

The bug was fixed.
Please wait for the next version.
skypilot4316

Post by skypilot4316 »

I downloaded this theme and restarted it like it said to do. I went to bookmarks and they were still in a single row...What do I need to do to get it to put them in rows?

Thanks for any help that you can be of on this....