Chromifox Basic & Chromifox Extreme

Discuss application theming and theme development.
#noname$$$

Re: Chromifox 2 and ChromiGlass Development

Post by #noname$$$ »

Triton wrote:
Avianrave wrote:For some reason, the theme only works with ChromiGlass with Chromifox Version 2.0.1 for me. In all of the other versions, the tabs are inverted vertically, so they appear upside down.

Chromifox 2 has changed the way the tabs are created. Currently ChromiGlass is not compatible with the new version.

It is also not compatible with falconer's tab bar at the very top stylish hack.I am using Mac OSX,so couldn't use chromiglass even if it was still working correctly.I was wondering if you were planning on incorporating a tab on top option in a future release of chromifox or else making chromiglass available for mac users.The other thing I noticed was that the scrollbars disappeared after the latest chromifox update.Thank you for your work on chromifox as it has become my favorite theme.
Last edited by #noname$$$ on December 1st, 2008, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

#noname$$$ wrote:
Triton wrote:
Avianrave wrote:For some reason, the theme only works with ChromiGlass with Chromifox Version 2.0.1 for me. In all of the other versions, the tabs are inverted vertically, so they appear upside down.

Chromifox 2 has changed the way the tabs are created. Currently ChromiGlass is not compatible with the new version.

It is also not compatible with falconer's tab bar at the very top stylish hack.I am using Mac OSX,so couldn't use chromiglass even if it was still working correctly.I was wondering if you were planning on incorporating a tab on top option in a future release of chromifox or else making chromiglass available for mac users.Thank you for your work on chromifox as it has become my favorite theme.

Once I finish Chromifox 2 I will also will create a stylish to put the tabs on top.
Chromifox Extreme Themes Extreme | Carbon

Home Page Chromifox Themes
#noname$$$

Post by #noname$$$ »

Triton wrote:
#noname$$$ wrote:
It is also not compatible with falconer's tab bar at the very top stylish hack.I am using Mac OSX,so couldn't use chromiglass even if it was still working correctly.I was wondering if you were planning on incorporating a tab on top option in a future release of chromifox or else making chromiglass available for mac users.Thank you for your work on chromifox as it has become my favorite theme.

Once I finish Chromifox 2 I will also will create a stylish to put the tabs on top.

Thanks Triton.I forgot to mention in my first post that it seems the scrollbars have disappeared after the latest update of Chromifox.I am using the latest Minefield nightly on Mac OS X.Thanks again.
socko

Post by socko »

Hi Triton, first off great theme, its the best one there is in my opinion. I do have a few problems with it though, hope you can help me out with them, here is a screenshot that depicts my problems:
http://i38.tinypic.com/r1csc5.png

1. Broken tabs as seen on the themes tab

2. the shadow on inactive tabs drives me crazy, i know you want to distinguish between active and non active, but thats what the clear different with the active tab in white is for, I find the grey text with the shadow very annoying.

3. Could the new tab button be on the direct right of the last tab on the tab toolbar, its not very functional to have it on the end.

4. the "show all tabs" button beside the new tab button doesn't do anything when clicked.

5. Could you make a separate version that has tabs on top like chomium does, i'm not sure it would be a popular enough change to make it the default, but i would personally love to have it with my theme, and not have to install stylish/greasemonkey to just have 1 change.

6. Update AMO for 3.1beta3pre

thanks and keep up the good work :)

PS i'm using linux, in case that matters for troubleshooting.
Usfear

Post by Usfear »

Hi, Triton and All!
I have problem with ChromiGlass using with FireFox 3.0.4: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?u ... feat=email
Inctalled Chromifox 1.0 skin. Is it possible to fix it?
Thanks
Chris Bray

Post by Chris Bray »

Amazing! Any way to hide the titlebar caption to complete the effect?
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

Chris Bray wrote:Amazing! Any way to hide the titlebar caption to complete the effect?

I'm going to be discontinuing Chromiglass :cry: but you can request that from froilson who is the developer of Total Rechrome he has done so much nice work with his ext. =D>

ninotsmindelivar

Post by ninotsmindelivar »

Excellent theme. Glad to see that someone else has commented on the Fission 1.02 extension issue. I hope this gets worked out, or I'm stuck with the pretty but drab camifox theme. ...'til then!
[:Aureliano Buendía]

Post by [:Aureliano Buendía] »

Ciao Triton.
The theme is broken on my pc with FFMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) ID:20081201080242
and chromifox2 2.1b1 2008112505.
see detail:
"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point."
One Hundred Years Of Solitude
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

I am planning on uploading an update today that will address most if not all issues. :shock:

Islandgirl45

Post by Islandgirl45 »

Triton wrote:I am planning on uploading an update today that will address most if not all issues. :shock:

Will that include an earlier issue I posted about the text on each tab shaking/vibrating when I move the cursor over the tab's "x" to close the tab? As well as the tab refusing to close without me clicking the "x" several times? (I can right-click on the middle of a tab and close it in that manner). Thanks!
steven1313

Post by steven1313 »

Hi, I was just wondering if the activity indicator in Chromifox 2 2.1b1.2008112505 is supposed to be continuously active? It's spinning non-stop even when a page isn't loading/done loading.. :|

akahige

Post by akahige »

Moz Addons lists the dev version of Chromifox 2 as ONLY being compatible with the 3.1 beta, and not with the 3.0.x branch. Is this right? Those of us not running the 3.1 beta have to wait to upgrade to the new spiffy Chromifox...?
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

akahige wrote:Moz Addons lists the dev version of Chromifox 2 as ONLY being compatible with the 3.1 beta, and not with the 3.0.x branch. Is this right? Those of us not running the 3.1 beta have to wait to upgrade to the new spiffy Chromifox...?

Yes this is right! 8-)

akahige

Post by akahige »

Okay, cool.

By the time 3.1 comes out (I think they're talking March-ish) I'll be VERY interested to see all the new revisions and tweaks.

Keep up the good work!