Chromifox Basic & Chromifox Extreme

Discuss application theming and theme development.
akahige

Re: Chromifox 2 and ChromiGlass Development

Post by akahige »

Triton wrote:Thank you to everyone so far for posting issues. I'm still in the process of a rewrite! [-o< and have addressed most of the documented issues. I'm still have allot of trouble with TAB MIX + :shock: !!! I will never be able to make it fully compatible with Chromifox 2 :cry: specially multi row tabs!! It's buggy and doesn't update tab status well. Also every time I update to a new nightly something else breaks :shock: Sorry everyone! I'm hoping to post a beta version of Chromifox 2 for Windows ONLY at this point. I will keep everyone updated!

Over the years, I've heard more than a few theme developers rant about how difficult it is / can be to implement certain theme features in TMP. What I haven't ever heard, is whether or not any of them have tried discussing any of this with the TMP devs. I've never gotten the impression that onemen is a "theme kind of guy", so I don't know if coding TMP to work with themes even really hits his radar. It doesn't seem like that would be very difficult, if it was worth considering. Maybe such a discussion could result in an improved TMP that works better for all concerned... after all, it's always good to see things from the other side of the table now and then...

In response to the question about enhancements or modifications users are interested in, I have a few things I'd like to suggest:
• For extension compatibility... NoUn Buttons works great with Chromifox 2 (and falconer's earlier version), but it uses different buttons. It would be great for those of us using NoUn Buttons, if there was no discernible difference in the theme if you're using it or not.
• On my monitor, at least, the blue outline around the bookmark star looks really "smudgey". The version from Chromifox was much more subtle.
• WRT the request for other color schemes for Chromifox, I'd really love to see a more pastel incarnation. Not that crazy Miami Beach pastel loaded with pinks and greens,but something that builds off the current tab-bar colors (love the grey tab labels) and goes more towards a gentle grey, instead of the cyan/white fade.
Aronnax!

Post by Aronnax! »

akahige wrote:
Triton wrote:Thank you to everyone so far for posting issues. I'm still in the process of a rewrite! [-o< and have addressed most of the documented issues. I'm still have allot of trouble with TAB MIX + :shock: !!! I will never be able to make it fully compatible with Chromifox 2 :cry: specially multi row tabs!! It's buggy and doesn't update tab status well. Also every time I update to a new nightly something else breaks :shock: Sorry everyone! I'm hoping to post a beta version of Chromifox 2 for Windows ONLY at this point. I will keep everyone updated!

Over the years, I've heard more than a few theme developers rant about how difficult it is / can be to implement certain theme features in TMP. What I haven't ever heard, is whether or not any of them have tried discussing any of this with the TMP devs. I've never gotten the impression that onemen is a "theme kind of guy", so I don't know if coding TMP to work with themes even really hits his radar. It doesn't seem like that would be very difficult, if it was worth considering. Maybe such a discussion could result in an improved TMP that works better for all concerned... after all, it's always good to see things from the other side of the table now and then...

Hi,
there is already a Tab Terror Plus and Themes thread
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=881195

By the way,
the only good Tab Terror Plus extension is a disabled Tab Terror Plus extension ;-)

Regards
TosheX

Post by TosheX »

Maybe this chromifox theme can be edited to be used in thunderbird too. It would look good once thunderbird 3 is out since it will have tabs.
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

Here is the first beta of Chromifox 2 2.1b1 for Windows Vista. Windows XP, Linux and MAC versions will be available soon!
Chromifox Extreme Themes Extreme | Carbon

Home Page Chromifox Themes
close4you

Post by close4you »

Would there be a set of small icon in the future?
When in a laptop, It's good to have a small toolbar.
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

close4you wrote:Would there be a set of small icon in the future?
When in a laptop, It's good to have a small toolbar.

Unfortunately I have tried to make them smaller and they just don't look good at all :cry: So I gave up! They will stay at their 29x31px size. Sorry

drmnys

Post by drmnys »

Hi Triton I would really like to use the theme but I am having trouble installing it. An earlier post mentioned the same error during installation-

Firefox could not install the file at
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... fx-win.jar
because: Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.

I have 3rd party cookies enabled. The error log is as follows-

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIZipReader.extract]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: extractThemeFiles :: line 1685" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Line: 1685

Please help. I would really like to use this theme. Thanx.
close4you

Post by close4you »

Triton wrote:Unfortunately I have tried to make them smaller and they just don't look good at all :cry: So I gave up! They will stay at their 29x31px size. Sorry

Anyway, thank you! It looks really beautiful. :lol:
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

close4you wrote:
Triton wrote:Unfortunately I have tried to make them smaller and they just don't look good at all :cry: So I gave up! They will stay at their 29x31px size. Sorry

Anyway, thank you! It looks really beautiful. :lol:

Thanks!

Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

drmnys wrote:Hi Triton I would really like to use the theme but I am having trouble installing it. An earlier post mentioned the same error during installation-

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIZipReader.extract]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: extractThemeFiles :: line 1685" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js

Try Installing this one.

arielgalula

Some bugs

Post by arielgalula »

Hello Triton, Chromifox 2 is very beautiful and clean.
I using Ubuntu 8.10 Linux and have some problem:
  1. The Activity Indicator is very big, and it look like a button, and it also always spin even after the page are loaded.
  2. There are some glitches in the edge of the tabs, especially when i open a new tab. when i switch to the bed drawing tab the glitches are dissappear.
  3. when i load a background tabs the little activity indicator in the tab are surround with tiny white line.
  4. New tab and new window button are located in the end of the window rather then close to the tabs. (Is this a problem?)
  5. New window button are don't present in "Customize Toolbar", but maybe is a firefox 3.1b2 problem.

Thanks a lot, Ariel Galula - אריאל גלולה.
(-- Ariel Galula - אריאל גלולה)
Jeff.Tet

Re: Some bugs

Post by Jeff.Tet »

arielgalula wrote:Hello Triton, Chromifox 2 is very beautiful and clean.
I using Ubuntu 8.10 Linux and have some problem:
  1. The Activity Indicator is very big, and it look like a button, and it also always spin even after the page are loaded.
  2. There are some glitches in the edge of the tabs, especially when i open a new tab. when i switch to the bed drawing tab the glitches are dissappear.
  3. when i load a background tabs the little activity indicator in the tab are surround with tiny white line.
  4. New tab and new window button are located in the end of the window rather then close to the tabs. (Is this a problem?)
  5. New window button are don't present in "Customize Toolbar", but maybe is a firefox 3.1b2 problem.

Thanks a lot, Ariel Galula - אריאל גלולה.

Thanks...I will look into these issues.

msr986

Post by msr986 »

Triton wrote:
drmnys wrote:Hi Triton I would really like to use the theme but I am having trouble installing it. An earlier post mentioned the same error during installation-

Try Installing this one.

I get the following error using the link you provided:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 505-fx.jar

because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)

[edit]OK, set to receive third party cookies, everything's AOK! #-o[/edit]
Avianrave

Post by Avianrave »

For some reason, the theme only works with ChromiGlass with Chromifox Version 2.0.1 for me. In all of the other versions, the tabs are inverted vertically, so they appear upside down.
Jeff.Tet

Post by Jeff.Tet »

Avianrave wrote:For some reason, the theme only works with ChromiGlass with Chromifox Version 2.0.1 for me. In all of the other versions, the tabs are inverted vertically, so they appear upside down.

Chromifox 2 has changed the way the tabs are created. Currently ChromiGlass is not compatible with the new version.