(for thunderbird) an incredimail-like new email notifier

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
mikeymike

(for thunderbird) an incredimail-like new email notifier

Post by mikeymike »

One of those "my girlfriend would like a feature like that" things. Any ideas?
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Fancy describing it? Incredimail is one of the nicest mailers available, so if this is nice then it might even be worth filing a bug for.

- Chris
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

You really think so? ... anyway, mail client discussion aside...

http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash/splash.asp

Scroll down to "email notifiers". Animated characters that come on screen to tell you that you have mail.

Definitely shouldn't be a native part of TB, but I'm sure /some/ would welcome it as an extension :-)
ssuuddoo

definitely

Post by ssuuddoo »

I definitely think and know that TB should have the email notifiers.
as long as it does not have this, I wont jump from Incredimail to it =o)
ssuuddoo
Slovakia
www.ssuuddoo.szm.com
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

mikeymike wrote:You really think so?

The funny thing is that if you ignore the HTML mail and animated smileys and other madness, it's probably the most usable mailer on Windows. Or at least it was a couple of years ago.

Scroll down to "email notifiers". Animated characters that come on screen to tell you that you have mail.

They're basically just freeform biff windows, right? This is possible right now.

- Chris
ssuuddoo

EMAIL NOTIFIER

Post by ssuuddoo »

I agree with U. Just today I found out how to prevent Incredimail from sending ads with my every email... lol

about ThunderBird. the REQUESTS for the notifiers are simple, we just need some programmer who could make an extension 4 that.

- the ability to perform an action when receiving a new email
- the notifiers can be also packed with normal CAB or ZIP format and have just the INI file and the SWF files that present the whole notifier
- there are more SWF files for different states
___________idle,
___________have a new mail,
___________have more mail,
___________dismiss notifier.

I think, it is not as hard to make this extension but can not find out, why does the ThunderBird not have any yet

:)
ssuuddoo
Slovakia
www.ssuuddoo.szm.com
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

Thumper wrote:
mikeymike wrote:You really think so?

The funny thing is that if you ignore the HTML mail and animated smileys and other madness, it's probably the most usable mailer on Windows. Or at least it was a couple of years ago.

I read that as "if you remove all the annoying bits, it's actually a decent e-mail client" :-) I was using TB a couple of years ago, I'm pretty sure. Mozilla before that, Eudora before that, Outlook Express before that.

Thumper wrote:
mikeymike wrote:Scroll down to "email notifiers". Animated characters that come on screen to tell you that you have mail.

They're basically just freeform biff windows, right? This is possible right now.

- Chris

Run that by me again please? :-)
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

In all your discussion you missed to mention Personal handwritten signatures and wonderful Flash window indicating time and email status feature.
I partly agreed with mikeymike that "shouldn't be a native of TB". But I hope there are a lot of developers who "belong" to Mozilla team and make something similar and fancy but not with so kiddy's looking like in Incredi mail..
Are you agreed to make poll for these features? Maybe some developers will see the interesting and will get inetersted for all these features and make appropriate extension for Thunderbird.
ssuuddoo

Post by ssuuddoo »

I agree. where can we make a poll and let THEM know the whole world wants this.
ssuuddoo
Slovakia
www.ssuuddoo.szm.com
lcapriotti

Post by lcapriotti »

A nice mail notifier can be found here:

http://globs.org/

It is not perfect but works fine.

Luigi
seges7

Re: (for thunderbird) an incredimail-like new email notifier

Post by seges7 »

An excellent performing and very powerful email notifier is POP Peeper: https://www.esumsoft.com/.

The best I've found that is far more than just an email notifier as it can serve as a fully functional email client - the free version provides far more than just a basic mail notifier.
- comparison of free and paid alternatives: https://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper/#comparison.

I use both the PRO and Plus Pack packages myself of which provides me with not only "new" message notifications (that announces the retrieving account, sender and message subject all of which can be modified), but also provides uniquely different notification alerts specific to either SPAM messages or when an account gets an error retrieving messages as well. And I might add offers excellent support as well.

I use it as a really great notifier and as a fully functional email client.
DanRaisch

Re: (for thunderbird) an incredimail-like new email notifier

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for your suggestion but please note that you have replied to a post that has been dead for 16 years. It's unlikely that anyone from the original string was was waiting for suggestions.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.