Thunderbird Extension: Folderpane Tools 0.0.5 [2006-04-11]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

lcdata, no that shouldn't cause any problems. Did you start your profile by migrating mail from another program? I will have a fix out soon for the blank lines (I think that's what you mean by "missing lines") and how does the order not change? What are you trying to move? Remember that the rules (which I should probably include more prominently somewhere) are that mail accounts are listed first, then the Local Folders account, the news accounts. As an exception, the default account is always listed first. Please describe how the order doesn't change. Thanks!
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
lcdata

Post by lcdata »

my bad then. i didn't realize that Locals come after email accounts in any case. sorry 'bout that.

but, ftr: i 've been using tb for ... awhile ... I moved my messages out of dreaded OE but all accounts i created from scratch.
blank lines = missing lines.

thanks.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hey guys, just posted Folderpane Tools 0.0.2. This should fix the blank lines problem. Please read the first post for more info.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
jareha

Post by jareha »

I'm getting the following error when I try to view this extension's properties: "58: fpAM.getAccount(accounts[i]).incomingServer has no properties". Any idea what gives?

<< Jonathan
<a href="http://www.deftone.com/blogzilla/">Blogzilla - A Blog About Mozilla</a>
Apple iBook / Mac OS X 10.4.9 / 1GHz G4 1.12GB
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 (2007-05-15) / Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 (2007-06-04)
MHP-NC

Requests for Folderpane Tools

Post by MHP-NC »

I am using FPT 0.2 with TB 1.02. Thanks to the author for this nice extension!

Two things would be helpful to me:

1. The ability to move Local Folders above some of the accounts. (Those accounts have their mail redirected into Local Folders.)

2. Change in the way the Folderpane auto-opens tree branches when dragging mail. I would LOVE it if the branches so opened would CLOSE again after accepting the mail. I receive a huge volume of mail and by sorting it into folders, I end up with a highly expanded tree, very inconvenient.
Mike
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Mike: (1) If you have no use for the mail account folders themselves and they are POP accounts, why not try <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox">redirecting all mails for an account to the Local Folders</a>. That way, the mail folders for that account will not show up in the folderpane. The current mail folders will be hidden so you will not be able to access existing mail so move them out before if you need them. I believe they are just hidden (not deleted) so if you decide to change back, just revert the settings and all is back to normal. (2) Perhaps you can try using the File button (or the Archive! button provided by my <a href="http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php">Buttons! extension</a>) to move messages instead. That way, you won't have to deal with dragging and dropping. If that isn't adequate, <a href="http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/#contact">drop me a line</a> and I'll see what I can do about closing branches opened via dragging.
justdave72

Unable to install on Mac OS X

Post by justdave72 »

When I try to install this on Thunderbird 1.0.2 on Mac OS X, I get an error "Unable to download file:///path/to/folderpane.xpi because of the following error: No install script found"
MHP

Post by MHP »

chuonthis wrote:Mike: (1) If you have no use for the mail account folders themselves [...] why not try [...] redirecting all mails for an account to the Local Folders. (2) Perhaps you can try using the File button (or the Archive! button provided by my <a href="http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php">Buttons! extension</a>) to move messages instead. [...] If that isn't adequate, <a href="http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/#contact">drop me a line</a> and I'll see what I can do about closing branches opened via dragging.

chuonthis-- This is the same Mike, writing from another account. I realize I described (1) incorrectly. On THAT machine I am using Local Folders to sort and store large volumes of mail from my main (IMAP) email account. I also have several POP accounts that are used infrequently, so I would like Local Folders to appear above them in the list. However, I do NOT redirect mail from the secondary accounts to Local Folders. It seems the arrangement I am looking for is impossible. (?)

As to (2), I thank you for the suggestion and the buttons! I've installed the File button and I'll see if it helps. I think it might.

Regards,
MHP
North Carolina, USA
a.aamot

Norwegian version: Re: folderpane and TB 0.9 french version

Post by a.aamot »

nnoel wrote:hi,
I'm working with thunderbird 0.9 french version
I downloaded and installed Folderpane Tools 0.0.1
When I restart TB and after double click the extension, I get:

error parsing XML line 6, col 1
chrome://folderpane/content/folderpanePef.xul
<dialog xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
^
can you help me?

Hi, I have got the same error :
Thunderbird version 1.0 (20041206), Norwegian Language.
XP SP2
folderpane_0_0_2.xpi
Error reads as follows:
XML-Read error:undefined unit ?
Line 6, coloumn 1:
<dialog xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
( translated from Norwegian) and not able to copy/paste ( another issue ?)

I have several accounts, and also "clones" of my job account, to follow up during weekends...
Any ideas on how to solve this?
Otr do I have to "relocate" the accounts by hand - fixing in the prefs-file ?

Regards, Asbjorn.
TheStar

Post by TheStar »

jareha wrote:I'm getting the following error when I try to view this extension's properties: "58: fpAM.getAccount(accounts[i]).incomingServer has no properties". Any idea what gives?

<< Jonathan

I receive the same error as Jonathan - has anyone come up with a cause or solution?

My specs, just in case it will help:
TB: 1.0.2
Add'l Plugins: QuickText, QuickQuote, QuoteCollapse, Signature, About:Config, Calendar, MessageFaces, ViewSourceWith, MinimizeToTray

I also have a number of mail accounts, all POP3 and 2 which require SSL.

Let me know if there's any other information I should provide to help find a solution.
slyoldfox

Post by slyoldfox »

Would you consider adding a support for hiding Drafts & Templates folders (they can still exist for me), there must be like a hack you can do to tell it to be visible:false or so? I don't even care if I can move mails to it in the "Move to" or "Copy to" as long as I don't see them anymore ;)

In other words .. a bit like the "Subscribe ... " thingy for IMAP, but then for POP3 folders huh.
mark_m2

Post by mark_m2 »

jareha wrote:I'm getting the following error when I try to view this extension's properties: "58: fpAM.getAccount(accounts[i]).incomingServer has no properties". Any idea what gives?

<< Jonathan

Hello,

i have the same error message with version 0.0.2! No idea until now?

Mark

[Thunderbird: latest hourly build (20050613) on W2k with the latest Service Pack and all patches]
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

What I would really like is the ability to hide the drafts, templates, and sent folders in each account. Will this let me do that? Is that possible?
orbhot

WTF happened to all my other accounts?

Post by orbhot »

After installing this extension all my other acccounts are GONE and only the 1st account that was in my pane shows, I uninstalled this ext and still all of my other accounts are gone. Only 1 account now shows in my folders pane.
s7726

feature request

Post by s7726 »

I would like to be able to set a search folder as the start up folder. Is this Possible?

Thanks

Gavin