Thunderbird Extension: Folderpane Tools 0.0.5 [2006-04-11]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
AZJerry

Post by AZJerry »

What's interesting is that it's working correctly now. I'm not sure why.
Syzmygon

Just to say thanks!

Post by Syzmygon »

Just to say thanks for filling in this feature missing from Thunderbird - I've recently needed to change ISP and am glad to be able to reorder my list of accounts. Cheers!

Best wishes,
Syz
EYE of NiGHT

Can't change default mail check

Post by EYE of NiGHT »

Help! I've installed Folderpanes, I've rearranged my accounts, I've selected the default inbox I want. But, when I open TB 1.0 now, it stills asks for the password to check the mail on the *old* first account, not the one now at the top of the folder list. How do I get TB to default to the top account in my folderpane please?
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hi EYE of NiGHT, try going to the Tools menu then Account Settings. Then under the old first account, choose Server Settings and uncheck the "Check for new messages at startup" box and then go to the new first account's Server Settings and check that same option. Let me know if that was it.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
EYE of NiGHT

fixed!

Post by EYE of NiGHT »

That was it! Thank you thank you for such a fast response! I saw the last post was in September, I never expected an answer in a few hours. Cheers!
brkerez

not working for local folders

Post by brkerez »

Hi !

Yesterday I installed thunderbird and after initial setup I was searching for possibility to rearrange my accounts order... It didn't take long to find Folderpane tools and it works great except that fact that I cant move my local folders... In every configuration Local Folders are last - it means on the bottom of the account list... I want it on the top of the account list but it dont want to move regarding to my clear orders ;))

Overlooked I something ?

Im using TB 1.0, I have one rss account and few pop3 accounts, some are storing it's messages to local folders, some to own account folders...

thanks for any answer.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hi brkerez, the only way to move Local Folders above regular mail folders is to make it the default account. Then it will be listed at the top. Otherwise, the accounts will always be listed with mail accounts first, then Local Folders, then newsgroup accounts.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
brkerez

Post by brkerez »

chuonthis wrote:Hi brkerez, the only way to move Local Folders above regular mail folders is to make it the default account. Then it will be listed at the top. Otherwise, the accounts will always be listed with mail accounts first, then Local Folders, then newsgroup accounts.

thanks ! it works ...
AZJerry

Post by AZJerry »

Like MorpheusUK I found that the blank entries were missing a
user_pref("mail.server.server1.name", "news.myisp.com");
line. After adding the missing ones in prefs.js all is well.

I did add a new server and it, again, was missing the user_pref line. So it seems that FolderPane needs an upgrade to handle this.
ygrange

Post by ygrange »

[edit:]
problem solverd...See next post for another one.
Last edited by ygrange on April 2nd, 2005, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybrdude

Post by cybrdude »

AZJerry wrote:Like MorpheusUK I found that the blank entries were missing a
user_pref("mail.server.server1.name", "news.myisp.com");
line. After adding the missing ones in prefs.js all is well.

I did add a new server and it, again, was missing the user_pref line. So it seems that FolderPane needs an upgrade to handle this.

I'm having this problem too. Has anyone figured out what causes the missing lines? This is on a new TB install, not an upgraded one. But I did grab my profiles from Mozilla Suite. I have not repaired the problem yet... XPP box with SP1
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Ok, I just realized an "easy" fix for this problem. I'll work on it this week.
cybrdude

Post by cybrdude »

I found about 5 copies of the same news server in my prefs.js, all with different server.#s. Activating several of them by adding the name line left only the one visible from the UI of Thunderbird, but they are all visible inside folderpane tools. Very odd...
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hi cyberdude, can you explain in more detail what is happening? The next version of Folderpane Tools is just about ready but I'd like to take care of this if it's a problem. Are you saying that there were 5 news <u>accounts</u> and each had a different server but only one <u>account</u> was visible from Thunderbird? Or are you saying that there were 5 news <u>servers</u> and only 1 of them was being pointed to by an account so only that one showed up in Thunderbird? Folderpane Tools reads the mail.accountmanager.accounts pref for its list of accounts to show so perhaps you are talking about accounts? If so, do you know what might have caused this? Were the 5 news accounts always visible from Folderpane Tools or did something happen recently that caused the 5 accounts to appear? Sorry for the confusing questions. The difference between an account and a server is important for me to understand the problem. Thanks!
lcdata

missing lines in account list and order doesn't change

Post by lcdata »

tb1.0, xp - the default account I use really isn't an account. It's my mail forwarded to my account at my ISP. Could this cause problems?

lc