BugMeNot Improved

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Thumper's Evil Twin

Post by Thumper's Evil Twin »

jacksmernov wrote:well... chickan... It was working for nytimes.com. but it's not working for sites were the username is a email. So i'll fix that and update it. in the mean time

I WAS THE TURKEY ALL ALONG

I'm going to interrupt this otherwise marvellous thread to comment on the wonderful nature of the exclamation here. Go Jacsmernov. Go Gir.

- Chris
jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

Hrm.. I can't seem to make propellerheads.se work. It has frames, but I can iterate thtough them. But what's odd is that in non of the window._content.frames[x].document.forms exist. the lenght is always zero. I don't know what's cuasing this.

I think that it's not becuase there isn't code in BugMeNot to do what were trying to do. It's that propellerheads.se sucks monkey balls for useing non complient frames.

Fortunatly, if a bugmenot isn't able to input text in the proper feilds, it's still possible to open back up the bugmenot window and copy and paist like you've had to do before the improved bugmenot. So chickan
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Hey jack, just used the updated version which I assume corrected the lastlocation bug. Thank you.
It now works like you intended it to so now I have no problems using it.
Btw, I'd recommend all devs to at least test their extensions on clean profiles just in case you know. :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
Luftpost

Post by Luftpost »

It works okay but there is a conflict with TBE as I expected. In Single window mode, my copy of Firefox crashes. If I select "Use multiple windows only when I use them", the bugmenot page is opened in another browser but it is not closed. The username and password is pasted correctly though.

Not a big deal, since closing the window takes one sec, you still save on the copy and paste which is much slower. Still, might be interesting if a solution could be found by fiddling with the settins in TBE to deal with this.

Are Other Tab browsing extensions like TBE affected too?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

.4 does not install on my browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040805 Firefox/0.9.1+ (bangbang023)
jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

Luftpost I'm going to try to fix the problems your haveing now.

sasquatch Where can I get that version of firefox. I thought I found it at http://pryan.org/firefox/bangbang023/ but the version there didn't work. It would crash as soon as I opend it.

I tested Bugmenot on

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1

And it worked. So. give me a link to it and i'll check it out
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

http://www.geocities.com/jacksmernov/bu ... index.html

I was able to fix the tab extension problem. It now uses

BrowserCloseTabOrWindow()

instead of

window.close

It now seams to work with Single Window Mode as well as multiwindow mode

sasquatch I can't get

http://63.246.131.156/mozilla/firefox/b ... 040805.exe

To work. It keeps crashing on me as soon as i try to start it up. I'll sculk around their formes trying to find a anysure. But Chickan.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The bangbang build I believe is optimized for a P4. If you don't have a P4, it might not work for you.

Any other nightly of today's date should be close enough, I'd think.
jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

Ah, i was wondering that seeing the SSE2 in the filename. I was reading through the forum and another fellow with an athlon XP was haveing trubble. /me has a athlon xp 2600+

maybe if you IM me I can walk you through debuging it.
aim jacksmernov
icq 105979307

So it's not installing. Now does it download?
If your getting it from my geocities account. are you renaming it from bugmenot.xpi.zip to bugmenot.xpi?
Does the extensions window pop up when you try to install it?
Does bugmenot show up in the extensions window, or does it dissapear after installing?
Is the directry for bugmenot in your profile directory?

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENAME\extensions\{987311C6-B504-4aa2-90BF-60CC49808D42}

Do you know if the old version (ver 0.3) of bugmenot installed?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The old one did install OK, but that was on yesterday's nightly bangbang build, not today's.

Yes, it did download. I dragged the xpi into an open window and it did the countdown thing as if it were about to install, then nothing happened. I waited and still nothing. I checked extensions, and it wasn't there.

Wish I could help you more. Let me know.
jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

Try installing the old one.

http://www.geocities.com/jacksmernov/bu ... .3.xpi.zip

If teh link dosn't download, refreash a few times. geocities sucks.

If that installes... then crap. If it dosn't install, try to install some different extensions. Hopefully (from my point of view :-P ) nothing will install and it will be your browser that's messed up.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

The .zip downloaded, but it wasn't an .xpi.

It was several different files and a folder.

I just tossed it.

I can't do it today.

Thanks for trying, though.
jacksmernov

Post by jacksmernov »

that's what an xpi is. a zip file with a bunch of files in it. Cus of geocities suckyness i have to rename the xpi file to a zip file. Thus when you get the file you rename it from bugmenot.xpi.zip to bugmenot.xpi.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Other .xpi files I downloaded came as one file which I then dragged to the Firefox window.

This one looked quite different.