ForecastFox 0.7 RC1 [updated 1/29/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

](*,)
from about:config
from Preferential 0.6.1

These are manual entries (except for weather.debug and weather.days [which I changed to 3])...
I do get icons but they're X'd out ... Image

and like John Liebson, the tooltip says No weather data ... When I go to The Weather Channel I get the forecast for the requested/entered zipcode, although at this point the JSC shows

Code: Select all

Error: cm_SecureTags has no properties
Source File: http://ima.weather.com/common/header/javascript/eluminate.js
Line: 1

crafteh wrote:Do you see any errors in the JavaScript Console?

Nothing in there before going to the Weather Channel!! I had previously closed all my tabs, Cleared my Cache, restarted the browser, came back to this page, brought up the JavaScript Console and there's nothing there!!

Here's a link showing my current extensions ... maybe you'll find something there that may be in conflict with "WeatherFoxie" !!! :p !!!

crafteh

Post by crafteh »

I'll see what I have to do to add support for the Mozilla Suite.

I put one of the images on a transparent background and tried to change the contrast so its more visible. I'm not sure which is better:

The old: Image
The new: Image

I kind of think the white background is more visible.

Papaoon: I think two different extensions name their pref manager with the variable "prefs" ... i changed mine to "wprefs" in the next version. Tell me if it helps...

New version almost ready:
- Celcius mode works.
- Name change to WeatherFox
- new GUID because the name change was causing troubles
Last edited by crafteh on August 8th, 2004, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

Hey I like that much better ...
now I've just got to get it to work on my system (as noted in the signature)!! #-o

EDIT: I just realized we're almost neighbors!! So how come yours works and mine doesn't??
Inquiring minds need to know!!

crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Well its not the zipcode thats causing it not to work. The weather service supports all zipcodes. (plus i manually typed yours in and it worked). It must be my extension conflicting with others. Do you guys know if I can access variables from other extension's javascript? If I can, which I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, that would probably be causing the conflict. I just borked the extension though during the name change. For some reason its still looking for chrome://weather/content/weatherOverlay.xul when i changed it to chrome://weatherfox/content/weatherfoxOverlay.xul .. grr!
thinktiger

Post by thinktiger »

OK, Let me see what i can do with the icons. I too think they are a bit faint, Stand by.... Also, converting this for mozilla and thunderbird should be quite easy as well and I can help you out with this too if you like.
Image Zoom extension for Firefox, Mozilla and Thunderbird
StealthTiger

Post by StealthTiger »

Here's what I did. I have this on my laptop and it worked as advertised. However, on my desktop it just didn't want to work. Anyway, I noticed that I don't have Sage on my laptop so I uninstalled it from my desktop. That made it work on my desktop! I then reinstalled Sage and everything works. Don't really know what happened there. :-k
thinktiger

Post by thinktiger »

OK, I had a quick go at the icons by adjusting the gamma correction i got them to appear a tiny bit brighter on my browser

Let me know if you want me to do anything further in this regard.

Adding it to work on mozilla is quite easy, you just need to crete the install script and maybe another xul file or two. The hard part is doing the options for mozilla as the system is quite different to firefox and thunderbird.
Image Zoom extension for Firefox, Mozilla and Thunderbird
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

StealthTiger wrote:I noticed that I don't have Sage on my laptop so I uninstalled it from my desktop. That made it work on my desktop!
You're one lucky dude 'cause I just gave that a try but to no avail!!

thinktiger --- those are good lookin' icons!!
StealthTiger

Post by StealthTiger »

Hmmm....try doing it with BBCodeExtra.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Weather Station

Sounds professional.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

thinktiger wrote:OK, I had a quick go at the icons by adjusting the gamma correction i got them to appear a tiny bit brighter on my browser

Let me know if you want me to do anything further in this regard.

Adding it to work on mozilla is quite easy, you just need to crete the install script and maybe another xul file or two. The hard part is doing the options for mozilla as the system is quite different to firefox and thunderbird.

Oh wow, those look amazing. Is there any way you can do it for all the images? They look a thousand times better. I'll give you credit, of course.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

crafteh wrote:What other extensions do you two have installed? Maybe there is some conflict with the variables... Do you see any errors in the JavaScript Console?

Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.0.1
Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.8
BugMeNot 0.4
Chrome Cleaner 0.3
ChromEdit 0.0.5.1.1
Clipboard Observer 1.0.2004061301
Configuration Mania 1.03.1.0032
CuteMenus 0.3.5
DictionarySearch 0.6.1
Disable Targets For Downloads 0.4.1
EMbuttons 0.9.0
External Application Buttons 0.6.6
Favicon Picker 0.1
Flat Bookmark Editing 0.5
googlebar 0.9.0.28
ieview 0.8 (beta)
Image Zoom 0.1.5
Install New Theme 0.1
Menu Editor 1.0
Mozilla Archive Format 0.3.0
Open Long Url 0.1
OpenBook 1.1.0
QuickNote 0.5.9.2
Sage 1.1
Show Failed URL 0.1.4
Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1
SpoofStick 1.02
SpoofStick_1.02.xpi
Tabbrowser Extensions 1.10.2004080602
TinyUrl Creator 0.6
Titlebar Tweaks 1.5.1
User Agent Switcher 0.5
Weather 0.1

No JavaScript Console errors.

[EDIT] There's interference with at least two extensions. I disabled several, restarted, finally got weather reports, although no icons. Played with this for a while, enabling/disabling extensions, but was unable to pin it down (because there are too many combinations on my computer, alas.)

However, I did note that Spoofstick will keep Weather from working, as that was one of the last extensios to be disabled, whereupon Weather started working (except for icons.) Having determined that, I started renabling from the top of the list, only to find that Weather had stopped working again.
Last edited by John Liebson on August 8th, 2004, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

StealthTiger wrote:Hmmm....try doing it with BBCodeExtra.
Gee, asking me to remove my cherished extensions is like asking me to give away all my first-borns!! :lol:

crafteh wrote:Papaoon: I think two different extensions name their pref manager with the variable "prefs" ... i changed mine to "wprefs" in the next version. Tell me if it helps...
I think I'll just wait for the update... In the meantime I'm gonna try it out on my iBook OSX-10.3.4...

papaoom

Post by papaoom »

:banana: OK, just installed it on my iBook and it works (FF 0.9.1)...

except that the first icon is X'd out and the others are barely viewable...

GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

I set it up for 7 days and that is working fine although the icons are still faint.
I do not really want to adjust Gamma and/or Resolution settings as I have them optimized for Photoshop.
Great extension otherwise.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes