ForecastFox 0.7 RC1 [updated 1/29/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
RiesG

Post by RiesG »

ForecastFox 0.7RC:
Bug??
When I change settings (text labels) for the several profiles I use, keeping the option window open and switching profiles in this window, it all works. But after closing the option window (with OK), the Select Profile option in the context menu does not work anymore. I have to close and restart FireFox to activate this option again.
ForecastFox Translator nl-NL
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Can you repeat the exact steps to make it not work? I can't reproduce this.
RiesG

Post by RiesG »

Forget what I wrote, it is getting weirder. At this moment, nine out of ten times the Select Profile option in the context menu (right mouseclick) does not work anymore after opening and closing the option window. Even when I change nothing! Today I will try to find out what I did or what I changed before this behaviour started.
Any suggestions from the professional are welcome, of course!
(Firefox 1.0, ForecastFox 0.7RC nl-NL)
RiesG

Post by RiesG »

The last couple of days I tried to figure out what happened. Checked all settings, of FireFox and ForecastFox; deleted buffers, history and temp-folders; put older registries back; and so on. The last thing I did was an install of forecastfox-0.7-RC1-ff-intl-test.xpi, found in http://mozilla.ru/unghost/forecastfox/ over the previous installation. No succes. It still stops showing the Select Profile option in the context menu after 1, or 2, or 3 or 4 times opening and closing the options menu.
What can be wrong?
stroeh

Post by stroeh »

got it
browser.chrome.toolbar_tips was set false
everythings working fine on 0.5.9

but there were massive problems after installing the 0.7rc
while configurating firefox shuted down
i'm gonna wait for the 0.7

greets
stroeh
josesun

Post by josesun »

well...i make a zh-TW locale file for 0.7RC.
how can i send to creater? ^^"
Mozilla Taiwan / Jose Sun
http://moztw.org/
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Josesun: I just got the email on the mailing list.. thanks!
RiesG

Post by RiesG »

I think I found the problem with the context menu. Whilst looking in FireFox with about:config I saw several ForecastFox entries that appeared to be double, like forecastfox.cc.xxxx and forecastfox.current.xxx. I reinitialised the ones that looked like old ones. After a restart of FireFox they were gone. Of course I had to do that a couple of times. I still have to do some more testing but the Select Profile option seems to stay on!! Good.

Crafteh, or richard: can you tell me which entries will be put in config with version 0.7RC? Just to make sure I got rid off the faulty ones.
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

RiesG: You can see a list of all the default preferences here.

0.7 should remove all the old preferences when it migrates in... strange. When it migrates its supposed to remove the current branch and a couple others.

[ADD]: We can continue all discussion in the new thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=214519 .. this one was getting too long and we released RC2.