ForecastFox 0.7 RC1 [updated 1/29/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

New Version Posted: WeatherFox 0.1.3 [install]

- Added: Celcius/Fahrenheit modes.
- Fixed: new name and guid - uninstall your old weather extension before installing this one.
- Fixed: nolonger conflicts with some extensions (such as spoofstick)
mmcmonster

Post by mmcmonster »

I usually don't frequent this forum, but I must add that this is a great extension.

Great for when my wife comes by and asks what the weather's going to be like tomorrow. :-)
ozz109

Post by ozz109 »

Great work crafteh, As soon as it's got International support it will be installed.
Nforcr14

Post by Nforcr14 »

Yeah, waiting for International support...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040823 Firefox/0.9.1+ (MOOX M2)
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Not many US people on these forums?? I haven't found a good international XML weather service yet... the faster anyone finds one the faster I'll implement it!
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

Image crafteh, we weather-mongers bow to thee...
It now works for me on XP the same way the original works on OS-X .. Image
All the icons show up except for the first one :?: .. Is this icon generic? Could we have one that doesn't look like an error?
Like yours, maybe :arrow: Image .. Anyway, if that's the biggest problem with it I can survive!!

Nforcr14 wrote:Yeah, waiting for International support...
Sounds like you want the world!! :badgrin: And ye shall get it!!

Kudos, crafteh...
Last edited by papaoom on August 8th, 2004, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinktiger

Post by thinktiger »

crafteh, I have worked on the icons and created a version with the new icons here

Take it and do what you like with it.

I hope you like them, I don't know how to test what they all look like but I converted them all with the same settings and the ones with sun and clouds look fine to me.
Image Zoom extension for Firefox, Mozilla and Thunderbird
tnorris

Post by tnorris »

Just installed 0.1.3. Works fine for me with these extensions installed:
ChromEdit 0.5.1.1
Dictionary Search 0.6.1
Autofill 0.1
Adblock 0.5.2
Duplicate Tab 0.1

Now, if I could just see the icons, it'd be perfect. ;-)
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Papaoom: Hey - I haven't had that error before. What zip code are you using? Also... could you use the DOM Inspector to look at that first element and type what it says under status and tooltip? Also, what is the tooltip for the 1st element that has a real weather icon? Is it the current weather one? Maybe the xml file for your zipcode is different from the others.

Thinktiger: Nice! I'll take a look at them in a few hours when I get back to my room. You rock..

tnorris: I'll have a new version up tonight with thinktiger's good icons!
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

hmm, using the latest nightly.. no icons but the data is coming in.. it looks like a bunch of squished ||| on the right side.
In the previous one i got the X icons but the prefs were messed up. In this one I get the prefs but the icons are not there.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

New Version Posted: WeatherFox 0.1.4 [install]

-- Changes in 0.1.4 ---
- Added: this post as the homepage, thinktiger as contributor
- Fixed: Brighter, transparent icons provided by thinktiger

ieremiou: I'll try it out on the latest nightly and let you know if I can get it to work.

[added] .. I tried it with today's nightly and it worked fine for me. What other extensions do you have running? Did you get any errors in the javascript console? Try setting javascript.options.showInConsole to true and then see if there are any errors. Could you use the DOM inspector to view those statusbarpanel's and see what the src is set to?

To get to those elements, open DOM inspector, go to inspect window -> (the title of the mozilla window)...
Then go to window > statusbar > hbox (id weatherfoxbox) and then you'll see the stuff blinking when you go to each statusbarpanel.
Last edited by crafteh on August 8th, 2004, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinktiger

Post by thinktiger »

Here I found a place where you can get worldwide XML feeds for weather. Check it out and see if it suits.

http://www.undergroundlondon.com/weather/
Image Zoom extension for Firefox, Mozilla and Thunderbird
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

Very nice, I love the new icons set. It's all working great now with the celcius supported.
How about http://www.accuweather.com ? does it support XML data feed?
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

thinktiger wrote:Here I found a place where you can get worldwide XML feeds for weather. Check it out and see if it suits.

http://www.undergroundlondon.com/weather/

They show up ok in Sage ... hope you figure out how to get them to work with WeatherFox
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

crafteh wrote:Papaoom: Hey - I haven't had that error before. What zip code are you using? Also... could you use the DOM Inspector to look at that first element and type what it says under status and tooltip? Also, what is the tooltip for the 1st element that has a real weather icon? Is it the current weather one? Maybe the xml file for your zipcode is different from the others.
using zip code 02906 right now (I've tried 02904, 02703 and 02780 with the same results but before that Cambridge was ok)...

Wish I could use the DOM Inspector but I can't find it!! :oops: When I re-re-re-re-installed 0.9.3 I finally left out the developer stuff and have had very few problems since... Maybe when 1.0 arrives I'll be able to DOM to my heart's content but that doesn't help right now... Any other way to check this out?

Last edited by papaoom on August 8th, 2004, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.