ForecastFox 0.7 RC1 [updated 1/29/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
CeleronXL

Post by CeleronXL »

I love the extension, but for some reason the box for Today always has the X type of refresh over it. This seems to only be for my zip code, because it works with any others. Damn. Any way I can fix this? It's such an awesome extension.
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

CeleronXL wrote:for some reason the box for Today always has the X type of refresh over it. This seems to only be for my zip code

crafteh (the WeatherFoxGuy himself) wrote:You'll still lose the first icon though ... its a problem with that weather service in some zipcodes. When we switch to weather.com it will be fixed.
CeleronXL

Post by CeleronXL »

Thanks papaoom. Like a nubcaek, I didn't read the whole thread. Can't wait for the switch.
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

tnorris wrote:Crafteh, take a look at my extension Autofill at http://autofill.mozdev.org. There is a lot of lining up in the preferences dialog for it. It primary involves liberal use of grids and groupboxes in the right places, w/ the right elements having flex turned on/off. I would set yours up, but if I'm doing extension code, I should be working on my own. ;-)

Oh cool... I think if I change the layout a bit and use grids it could come out pretty good. I'm going to try to get the dialog done tonight...
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

Are the weather servers down right now? I've been seeing 4 X's (for four days) for about an hour.

-=MaStA ViC
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

crafteh wrote:I'm going to try to get the dialog done tonight...

You went from version 0.0 a couple days ago to today's 0.1.7!!

Hey, man, slow down before you give the impression that writing code is child's play... ... :lol:

btw, when did you say version 98.6.0 will be ready?... :roll:

mastavic

Post by mastavic »

papaoom wrote:
crafteh wrote:I'm going to try to get the dialog done tonight...

You went from version 0.0 a couple days ago to today's 0.1.7!!

Hey, man, slow down before you give the impression that writing code is child's play... ... :lol:

Don't worry, we understand that writing codes isn't child's play. crafteh is just dedicated to this extension - very dedicated... lol. And there are plenty of reasons why he is, I'm sure. I love this extension!

Thanks crafteh!
-=MaStA ViC
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

New Version Posted: WeatherFox 0.1.8 [install]

-- Changes in 0.1.8 ---
- Fixed: Better options dialog.

-- Known Issues ---
- Interval textbox in options dialog is not clickable for some reason...

- update.rdf points to this version.

Let me know how everyone likes it. The "Find Codes" button will be used when I have international support. It will open up another window where you enter a city and then select the current one from a menu.
Last edited by crafteh on August 9th, 2004, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

Nice update =)
-=MaStA ViC
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Does the interval textbox not work for any of you? ([] Refresh every [this one] min.) It shows as being editable but I can't edit it, and nor can I fix it.
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

Fits like a glove!! The settings work fine... and the Options Dialog looks much better...
Now if you could only come up with some better weather -- T-storms .. yuck!! :furious:
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

crafteh wrote:Does the interval textbox not work for any of you? ([] Refresh every [this one] min.) It shows as being editable but I can't edit it, and nor can I fix it.

You're right, the text area isn't clickable at all. I didn't notice this because I already set my internal through about:config > weather.interval when I downloaded an earlier version.

-=MaStA ViC
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

crafteh wrote:Does the interval textbox not work for any of you? ([] Refresh every [this one] min.) It shows as being editable but I can't edit it, and nor can I fix it.

For shame and forsooth!! Suffering succotash!! :-({|=

Fret not, crafteh! With all the coder-helpers that frequent this forum, I'm sure someone can find a solution...

Where's Mrs. Calabash when we need her?? I hear she makes good-n-strong Irish coffee that'll keep you awake until the problem is solved!!

MaStAViC wrote:I already set my internal through about:config > weather.interval

And, by golly, that changes the setting in your options!! That's a start... Solution possibly already at hand thanks to MaStAViC??

jetta

Weatherfox 0.1.8

Post by jetta »

I have installed the exgtension, the correct parameters are listed by about:config but all I have is 3 icons that are "x'd" out. I am hoping the that the weather server is down and will come back, otherwise I will have to uninstall it.
ant1832

Re: Weatherfox 0.1.8

Post by ant1832 »

jetta wrote:I have installed the exgtension, the correct parameters are listed by about:config but all I have is 3 icons that are "x'd" out. I am hoping the that the weather server is down and will come back, otherwise I will have to uninstall it.

I am having the same problem. I went into about:config and made sure settings were properly set and they are. I really hope this is a problem with the weather service.
dkDesignCo.com--Professional designs for all your web needs.