Problem with extensions..

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
tpr

Problem with extensions..

Post by tpr »

I have a "small" problem with extensions. They do not want to install, if I understand those messages rightly. I have the newest version of phoenix. (nightly binary.)

When I am trying to download an extension from Phoenix Help, it gives me something like that:
<i>
You have chosen to download a file of type: "XML-Based User Interface Language" [mozilla.application/cached-xul] from chrome://communicator/content/xpinstall/

What should Phoenix do with this file?</i>

Is this a bug or have I f*cked up something?

Thanks for answers and sorry about my bad English.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

I was having this exact problem just after I installed an enabled a Theme (I think it may have been Aqua, or maybe Phoenity). I switched back to my primary Theme (Qute) and was able to download. Strange but true, hope it helps. I'm using the 0.4 milestone.
tmb

Re: Problem with extensions..

Post by tmb »

tpr wrote:<i>
You have chosen to download a file of type: "XML-Based User Interface Language" [mozilla.application/cached-xul] from chrome://communicator/content/xpinstall/

Yes this has happened to me in yesterdays nightly
do lot my pham my pham nam nuoc hoa do lot nam ao lot nam quan lot nam do lot nu bo do lot nu ao lot nu quan lot nu do ngu do lot sexy ao lot sexy quan lot sexy do ngu sexy
also I have had menus disabled after installing stuff but have not tried to reproduce
Last edited by tmb on November 12th, 2012, 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tpr

Post by tpr »

Oh, that is weird but changing theme to classic helped. I was using phoenity.

Is it the problem with theme or phoenix's code? Well, hope somebody will fix it.

Thanks for help.
djst

Post by djst »

tpr wrote:Oh, that is weird but changing theme to classic helped. I was using phoenity.

Is it the problem with theme or phoenix's code? Well, hope somebody will fix it.

Yes, it's a problem with the theme(s). The classic theme is the only theme that's always up to date. These things will stabilize as the Phoenix project matures (say 0.8 or so).