Make Link 2.0

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Sasquatch, if you're using the defaults, the next version's release shouldn't be any different for you anyway... that is, if I understand finuvir correctly.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

The only change I expect for the final version 2.0 is the ability to reorder the options, so unless you desperately want that you won't need to wait.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Any support for 1.0/1.0PR ?
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

mrtech wrote:Any support for 1.0/1.0PR ?

I only use milestones so it won't support anything after .9.3 until 1.0.
Greg K Nicholson

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

1.0PR will be a milestone.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

In that case I may update it for that.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

mrtech wrote:Any support for 1.0/1.0PR ?

I guess that is also what I was getting at.

:-)
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Any luck with 1.0pr support, I really miss this extension. I use it now all the time to make links for my news postings on http://www.mrtech.com/news/

Thanks again for a great extension!!!
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Old angrykeyboarder

Post by Old angrykeyboarder »

See there for what? I don't see a solution to my problem. Make Link worked great in 0.9.3 but is dead in 1.0(PR). It was one of my most used extensions. I miss it.. :-(
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

I think that 'see also' was aimed at getting me off of (or in this case I guess, on to) my fat ass to do something about updating.

Update: Setting the preference "app.extensions.version" to 0.9.3 will allow Make Link to work. You'll need to use about:config to set the pref.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

I'd just like to draw your attention again to the first post in this thread. Make Link 2.0 is now complete and available. I'll get to updating the project page and the UMO listing soon.
Old angrykeyboarder

Post by Old angrykeyboarder »

Is this directed to me? I tried installing 2.0 on Firefox 1.0(PR) and it was a "no-go". I get an "incompatible" response.
cswilly

Install Problem

Post by cswilly »

When I install MakeLink, the extensions window get displayed, an item is added for MakeLink to the table. Then after the messages "waiting" and then "installing" are displayed under the item, the item in the extensions windows disapears. When I restart Firefox the MakeLink is not installed.

Using Firefox 9.2 and a ton of extensions.

c
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

~ finuvir

This looks to be really awesome! Make Link is why I never actually used Paste Happy - Link Edition myself, I made it for the requesters but I was always looking forward to this to use it on 2.0, I love the modular system you have where one can use variables to build up a link template. That's very functional.

That said, Firefox is being a bit of a bugger, the prefs don't seem to load or store. I won't pester you about this because it's not 1.0 milestone yet and there's no reason to fix it but what I find is that after installing the extension (and it installs fine), in the options there are no presets loaded, if I try to add a new one, the EditTypes dialog pops up fine but the OK button does nothing at all.

If I can do anything to help troubleshoot, let me know. My current build is (Moox) Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040912 Webdunnart/0.10 (Firefox/0.10 [nightlies] polymorph) and I tried with a fresh profile (I renamed Mozilla to Moz.Temp in Application Data and then allowed Firefox to create a new profile, telling the import wizard to import nothing).