Feature request for Favicon Picker

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
GameController

Feature request for Favicon Picker

Post by GameController »

Favicon Picker is a great extension. Would it be possible to add a feature so that it can also change the Bookmark Folder icons as well as the icons for the actual bookmarks themselves?

I think it would be a very useful feature to an otherwise great extension.

Thanks
Torisugari

Post by Torisugari »

Folder's is not favicon. Firefox favicon is one image per one URL, not per one bookmark. If you have 2 bookmarks which are linking to the same page, they have the same icon automatically. If you really like that feature, please file a RFE bug in bugzilla.mozilla.org.
GameController

Post by GameController »

Torisugari,

Thanks for the reply. You created a great extension btw. The icons I wish to change are the look of the Bookmark folders themselves, which are a part of the theme. I was hoping that somehow Favicon Picker could incorporate such a feature so I could change the folder icon like which can be done with IE.

Thanks.
Lost User 22584

Post by Lost User 22584 »

Hello,

I agree with GameController that Favicon Picker would be much more useful if it could also allow the user to change the Bookmark Folder favicons as well. IE provides this capability and Firefox likewise needs this feature.

My wife has customized the favicons on her IE Favorite's Folders extensively and she has refused to move to Firefox until she has the capability to customize Firefox Bookmark Folder favicons. While the Favicon Picker extension does allow the user to customize bookmark favicons, it does not enable favicons for Bookmark folders.

Torisugari, please seriously consider adding this capability to the Favicon Picker Extension. Do you have any plans to add Bookmark folder favicon capability?

Thanks,

Gordon Dickens
gordon@dickens.com
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

Torisugari wrote:Folder's is not favicon. Firefox favicon is one image per one URL, not per one bookmark. If you have 2 bookmarks which are linking to the same page, they have the same icon automatically. If you really like that feature, please file a RFE bug in bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Like he said, file the bug [feature]...
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
Lost User 22584

Post by Lost User 22584 »

oldtimer wrote:Like he said, file the bug [feature]...

I filed the bug:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264241

Gordon Dickens
ReloadEd

Favicon location as a URL

Post by ReloadEd »

I'd like to have the option to select if the favicon I want to use is local on my hard drive, or on the internet as a URL.
This way I don't have to download and rename the favicon before I use it in Favicon Picker.