online banking, Moz, and IE

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
HoSTiLe1

online banking, Moz, and IE

Post by HoSTiLe1 »

My bank insists that Moz isnt secure enough (yet somehow IE is :rolls eyes:), so I cannot use Moz to do my online banking...

I know there was (is?) an extension for Moz so you can change the ID it sends to websites in order to make them see your Moz browser as something else... but I don't know the name of it or even where to find it.

Can someone be kind enough to point me in its direction?

Thanks.
alanjstr

Re: online banking, Moz, and IE

Post by alanjstr »

HoSTiLe1 wrote:My bank insists that Moz isnt secure enough (yet somehow IE is :rolls eyes:), so I cannot use Moz to do my online banking...

I know there was (is?) an extension for Moz so you can change the ID it sends to websites in order to make them see your Moz browser as something else... but I don't know the name of it or even where to find it.

Can someone be kind enough to point me in its direction?

Thanks.

There are 3 or 4 that will change your userAgent string.
Here is one that works with Phoenix
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/extensions.html#uabar
HoSTiLe1

Post by HoSTiLe1 »

Excellent!!

Thanks! Perfect suggestion, as I'm using Phoenix too. I'm just waiting for Thunderbird to make the full-time jump...
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

HoSTiLe1 wrote:Excellent!!

Thanks! Perfect suggestion, as I'm using Phoenix too. I'm just waiting for Thunderbird to make the full-time jump...

Better yet, change banks and tell them why. You should not have to lie just to use a superior browser.
pipthepixie

bank lameness

Post by pipthepixie »

it's a shame your bank won't accept moz as secrure enough (and mad!).

I use the (very popular) xulplanet.com preferences toolbar to set my user-agent string.

http://www.xulplanet.com/downloads/prefbar/

which also allows you to turn javascript on/off, images on/off, clear your cache, history, etc, all from your browser window.
Goldzilla

I use mozilla for just about everything these days

Post by Goldzilla »

Etrade, Datek/Ameritrade, My Credit Union, Fidelity, etc. all work fine with Mozilla. I don't think
that I'm using any alias stuff as the folks at Etrade verified that I was coming in through Moz
one time.

If the security is good enough for Etrade, then it should be good enough for your bank. Etrade
is paranoid about security. They like to use blocks of ports for their various trading platforms.