Is there any extension to get the find dialog back?

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Bill_MI

Re: Is there any extension to get the find dialog back?

Post by Bill_MI »

Yes, 2.2. We're on our own, of course, as the author (Unarmed here) has not officially sanctioned the code for 3.5.* but I hope he will soon.

That hack did NOT work on the Fx 2 to Fx 3 change. That's when Unarmed created version 2.0. I invite everyone to join me in expressing appreciation to his excellent work. If it wasn't for Unarmed's unselfish contribution I'd be using SeaMonkey. :D
Expert Opinions: $5 I Shut Up: $10
jlcat

Post by jlcat »

I'm incredibly appreciative and would far rather he make the change than I; I'm happy to use the sanctioned version, and I'd wait for it if I knew it were coming fairly soon! This is one of my most vital extensions - I waited to switch to FX3 until I found Unarmed's update, and as I said, I don't want to make the switch to 3.5 until I know I can get it to work there.
Unarmed

Post by Unarmed »

I bumped the maxVersion in version 2.3... that's the only change. Glad the extension is still seeing use!
Bill_MI

Post by Bill_MI »

Thanks, RetroFind remains 50% of my extension total. :)

EDIT: I've seen this before. <em:minVersion>3.0.*</em:minVersion> fails to allow 3.0.13. Why minVersion doesn't like wildcards is a mystery. I find <em:minVersion>3.0</em:minVersion> works ok in 3.0.13.
Expert Opinions: $5 I Shut Up: $10