No google Tool bar but weird Phoenix!

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Bomfunk

Post by Bomfunk »

Hi!

I am pretty new to Mozilla and Phoenix but the browser is working great except that I missed my Google Toolbar. So I went to the Mozilla google toolbar site to install the thing (newest version) I click the install button. Everything goes fine except after I restart my browser. Now at the bottom of the window there is a blank space of about 6-7 lines with one line of red text saying <menuitem id="view_gg_menuitem" --^

I can't get it away either and it's taking away valuable space on my monitor. What is the problem?? I use Phoenix 0.4 on Win98.

Thanks in advance...
Bomfunk
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Without reading those links, I had the same problem - several times! I had to re-install Phoenix a couple of times, because I did not know what to do. Now i'm afraid to even try any extensions (mouse gestures did not work either)
I have tabs ext. and preferences - that's it.
lee

Post by lee »

lynchknot wrote:Without reading those links, I had the same problem - several times! I had to re-install Phoenix a couple of times, because I did not know what to do. Now i'm afraid to even try any extensions (mouse gestures did not work either)
I have tabs ext. and preferences - that's it.

I get the same result for the 4.6 RC3 Mozilla install and the http://phoenixhelp.cjb.net/ Phoenix install, but the 4.6 RC2 install for Mozilla works perfectly on my windows installation of Phoenix. Couldn't live without it.

See http://googlebar.mozdev.org/installation.html Install the RC2 not the RC3 and see if it works.
kelu

Post by kelu »

I tried the RC2, it produces the same bug ("<menuitem id=...")
:(
sed23

Post by sed23 »

i got it to work ,by installing version 0.4.6 rc3 first, where i also got the error message,then i installed version 0.4.5 over the top and restarted,error message gone,googlebar working? it worked in both windows xp and linux. steve
kelu

Post by kelu »

I did that and it worked !!!
thx !
just the google logo is really distorded.

:)
old Neil Parks

Weird googlebar bug

Post by old Neil Parks »

Using Win ME, several recent nightlies and 0.5 milestone, the following WFM:

Install googlebar 0.46 RC 2, and exit Phoenix. Reopen Phoenix, and googlebar works. Then install 0.46 RC 3, and exit Phoenix. Reopen Phoenix and googlebar still works.

YMMV.