[Ext] Crash Recovery 0.6.10 [discontinued]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
tmetro

Post by tmetro »

zeniko wrote:...make sure that you're correctly killing SeaMonkey in the first place...on Windows, you'll have to use the Processes tab of the Task Manager...

Yup, that's what I was doing...so it doesn't get a WM_CLOSE.

zeniko wrote:You could indeed try a clean profile first, but if that doesn't cut it, a clean installation of SeaMonkey itself might still make a difference...

After upgrading to Seamonkey 1.1 Beta I noticed it had broke again. On restart, only the last window open was getting restored, which I believe is behavior attributable to the "Last page visited" on startup setting. Indeed this time I could see that the crashrecovery.dat file was not being updated.

Is it expected that extensions need to be reinstalled as Seamonkey is upgraded? (It was installed in the same directory.)

I figured this would be a good time to run the tests on a clean profile, so I created one, reinstalled Crash Recovery, ran some tests, and it worked fine. Now with Crash Recovery reinstalled, I returned to my original profile, and it too was working fine. So it was either a problem with 1.0 or some other odd anomaly that got reset along the way by the browser upgrade and Crash Recovery reinstallation.

zeniko wrote:BTW: I've just now made the test with the latest SeaMonkey 1.1 nightly -- and Crash Recovery still works as expected...

Confirmed. (Well...I was using the beta milestone, rather than a nightly.)

-Tom
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

tmetro wrote:Is it expected that extensions need to be reinstalled as Seamonkey is upgraded?

That depends on where the extension is installed and how you upgrade SeaMonkey. In this particular case, Crash Recovery is installed into SeaMonkey's installation directory and thus needs to be reinstalled if you uninstall before the upgrade. Should you just overwrite the previous installation you should be fine (haven't tested that myself, though).
tmetro

Post by tmetro »

zeniko wrote:Should you just overwrite the previous installation you should be fine (haven't tested that myself, though).

Which is what I did. So I guess it was unexpected behavior.

-Tom
misak

Post by misak »

It's seems that FlashGot breaks Crashrecovery or Session Manager functionality. Sessions are not restoring, all tabs were restoring with loading state but only previously current tab gets actually loaded. After uninstallation of Flashgot everything works. Using post Seamonkey 1.1.1 nightly of 1.8 branch (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4pre) Gecko/20070328 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 Mnenhy/0.7.5.0 - Build ID: 2007032801)
patch_linams

Crash Recovery broke again in SeaMonkey 1.1.2

Post by patch_linams »

It looks like Crash Recovery doesn't work for normal users.

1) SeaMonkey is installed, Crash Recovery is installed in the application directory of SeaMonkey
2) A new profile for root is created at startup
3) Crash Recovery restores sessions
4) A new profile for a normal user is created at startup
5) Crash Recovery doesn't restore any sessions

It has to be a permission problem.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Locking to prevent spamming.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.