Menu Editor 1.2 beta

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
onemen

Post by onemen »

asqueella:
I try to use my keyconfig enhanced version in 20050225 builds. it seems to me that it's load ok but the tree look empty like all the data in the tree is white on white. Do you have any idea why?
Does something changed in nsITreeView or in nsITreeBoxObject ?
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Mozcerize, I'd rather not bump that thread. When we release next version, we'll change update.rdf and people will get the new version. Those who read this forum would find this thread already.

onemen, Some tree-related things have indeed changed on trunk (in June or July, iirc). So if you ask about 1.0->trunk transition problems, yes there were a few changes. Look up that bug and see. You can also see what changes I have done to menueditprefs.js to make it work on trunk (using mozdev's CVS web interface).

If you're asking about differences in recent trunk builds, I haven't noticed tree-related check-ins and I haven't yet had a chance to try 20050225 build.

btw, if this is not Menu Editor related, you should create a new thread and/or PM me.
manc39

Post by manc39 »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050225 Firefox/1.0+

Firefox crashes when adding a separator in Menu Editor. (I don't like this trunk build at all so far, all hell appears to have broken loose.)
Last edited by manc39 on February 25th, 2005, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Well, it's not Menu Editor that crashes, that's Firefox :)

If it doesn't happen with 1.0 or earlier trunk builds, I don't think I'll consider that a bug in ME code (at least now). Thanks for letting me and other readers know, though.
manc39

Post by manc39 »

Well, it's not Menu Editor that crashes, that's Firefox

Oops! Of course it is :oops:

It may well fix itself when options-landing bugs are fixed on trunk, I'll keep you up to date with how that goes.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Well, recent trunk builds are really messed up. Unless you're willing to crash all the time or you're an active core developer, I wouldn't recommend using 20050225. IMO, 20050218 is of decent quality, and then many changes landed that broke various parts of firefox (chrome registry rework, options window rework etc).

[edit]the crash problem is bug 283478
manc39

Post by manc39 »

I've been getting a new trunk building every couple of days, before this one I kept the previous build in a zip archive until the then current build was replaced and ready to be archived, then delete the older archive. Unfortunately the one time I need it I just deleted the old build completely :roll: Typical!

Anyway I'm straying slightly off topic there.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Oddity with xxx221: I have the Clusty Toolbar entries, such as "Search Web+ for" turned off in the Main Context Menu entry for the extension.

However, all four such entries keep showing up when I right-click on a page. If I go to the extension's options page, reenable any one of the four entries, then disable it again, all four entries disappear when I next right-click on a page.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Thanks for reporting this, John (and sorry for the delay!). I'm looking at it now. (The problem is that extension adds its items in a script that runs after we have rearranged the menu).

BTW, the trunk builds are ok now, and MenuEditor should fork fine again.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

asqueella wrote:BTW, the trunk builds are ok now, and MenuEditor should fork fine again.

That's knife to know....
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

This extension should be part of Firefox IMHO.
Nothing beats an easy to use context menu editor.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

John Liebson wrote:
asqueella wrote:BTW, the trunk builds are ok now, and MenuEditor should fork fine again.

That's knife to know....

lol. Thanks guys.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

My attempt at fixing all these problems with dynamically modified menus: 20050308.

This may be less stable than previous versions. Do not install unless you're willing to help me with testing. (John, I hope that you will install this version though).

If it doesn't work, try changing menueditor.handleDynamicModifications temporary pref. To do this, go to about:config, right-click -> new -> integer.

Code: Select all

menueditor.handleDynamicModifications
selects an approach to handling dynamic modification of menus:
0- do nothing
1- on popupshown check if the menu has changed
2- override DOM manipulation functions (appendChild etc). (default)
onemen

Post by onemen »

ME 20050308

Code: Select all

menuedit: unexpected exception. dev. info follows:
QueryInterface=
function QueryInterface() {
    [native code]
}
; message=Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMXULElement.appendChild]; result=2147500035; name=NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER; filename=chrome://menuedit/content/menueditoverlay.js; lineNumber=210; columnNumber=0; location=JS frame :: chrome://menuedit/content/menueditoverlay.js :: anonymous :: line 210; inner=null; data=null; toString=
function toString() {
    [native code]
}
; initialize=
function initialize() {
    [native code]
}
;
onemen

Post by onemen »

menueditor.handleDynamicModifications wasn't exist, after i added it working only with menueditor.handleDynamicModifications = 1 or 0