Tabbed Browsing Extensions bugs

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
TuringTest

Tabbed Browsing Extensions bugs

Post by TuringTest »

You can reorder the tabs, but moving from one tab to the next or selecting them with control+# remembers the order in which they where created. I noticed this using the Radial Context, I haven't checked it with keyboard 'cos I don't know the hotkeys for changing tabs.

Another bug: is not intuitive to drag a tab to the rigthmost. You have to drop it over the right half of the previous existing tab. It should be possible to drop the dragged tab on the clean space to the right of all tabs.

Besides that, quite a nice hack! 8)
alanjstr

Re: Tabbed Browsing Extensions bugs

Post by alanjstr »

TuringTest wrote:You can reorder the tabs, but moving from one tab to the next or selecting them with control+# remembers the order in which they where created. I noticed this using the Radial Context, I haven't checked it with keyboard 'cos I don't know the hotkeys for changing tabs.

Another bug: is not intuitive to drag a tab to the rigthmost. You have to drop it over the right half of the previous existing tab. It should be possible to drop the dragged tab on the clean space to the right of all tabs.

Besides that, quite a nice hack! 8)

I don't know if Piro reads this forum, so you should email him with your suggestions.

http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_ta ... ns.html.en
TuringTest

Post by TuringTest »

Ok, I've mailed h*m the post.
maubp

Post by maubp »

I think this is a bug in TBE, problem with "Multiple Home Pages" and "Single Window Mode"

Setup home pages (plural). i.e. Starting Phoenix gives you several tabs. This is saved as a long string with the URLs separated by |

Also turn on "Single Window Mode".

Now starting a clean start, load phoenix once - you get your home pages as expected. Do some naviagtion if you like. Now load phoenix again. This will add a SINGLE new tab to the existing phoenix window, with URL of your home pages separated by the | char. This will fail (the first home page site will probably give a 404 error, page not found)

TBE should parse the home page string for the | char, and load as many new tabs as it needs.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5
Peter