Microsoft FrontPage

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
jaguenther

Microsoft FrontPage

Post by jaguenther »

I use FrontPage to edit. My Internet Explorer has a edit button. How do I put this on Mozilla or can I ?
Mike`

Post by Mike` »

http://mozex.mozdev.org is probably the closest you will get - It allows you to use external programs for viewing the source etc
Akhenaten

Post by Akhenaten »

I've gotta agree with jaguenther here. I absolutely hate IE, but one place where it shines is the edit button--especially with the drop-down menu attatched to it. My IE is automatically set to FrontPage, but the drop-down menu can also send the site to Word, Notepad, or Netscape composer, which is very handy. Imagine a customizable button like that. For you linux people, it could send a page to be edited in vi, emacs, or your favorite web editor--StarOffice?

Too bad I don't know how to program past the most basic HTML...
NoClue

Adding FrontPage button to Firebird

Post by NoClue »

You can use the External Application Buttons extension for this:

From the Tools|Options|Extensions list, highlight 'External Application Buttons 0.6.3' (or whatever version is currently available) and click the 'Options' button. Click 'New Button...' and wend your way to your FRONTPG.EXE file. Click 'Ok'.

Right-click on a toolbar, and choose 'Customize'. Drag the new FrontPage icon to a toolbar.

Right-click on the button you just added and choose 'Properties'. Change the label and tooltip if you want, then click on the 'Advanced' tab. Click the 'Arguments' dropdown box and choose %addressbar%. Apply/Ok your way out.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Of course, if you use Mozilla suite instead of Firebird, it has its own html editor built in. As an extra added bonus, it gets you away from the non-standards-compliant code written by Front Page too.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Mozdev

Post by joeg »

I use the Mozdev extension. For some reason (I'm sure that has to do with Windows) it takes awhile for FrontPage to open, but it works fine.

Joe
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Image from Firebird builds to Extensions forum.
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.