Modded Extensions for SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
SnoutSpout

Re: Modded Extensions for SeaMonkey

Post by SnoutSpout »

So why not explicitly state its purpose in the description? In essence if they were halfway honest the extension would be removed if even one version wasn't submitted as a dev build. That makes it really no different from a thousand and one dodgy streaming sites and torrents. You're basically trusting the extension to manage a proxy list and if it "accidentally" passes your non-media packets through a suspect server, there's nothing you can do about it. And judging by the reviews the performance is rather mixed as well. Paradoxically I would probably trust this extension (slightly) more if it was hosted on a third-party page rather than with this coy dance on AMO. That just reeks of "more targets needed" to me.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Hmmm... sounds like it might being doing some complex page injection stuff... I don't know enough about that to give advice. Any chance of convincing the author to add support?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
MonkeyBeat

Post by MonkeyBeat »

Hi guys, I'm new to the board and to seamonkey so imagine my delight to have found my way here - Though I'm not sure if this thread is still alive. For I would like to have the all-in-one-sidebar ported to seamonkey. I tried it myself, followed the how-to but it wont work. The only output I get is a "file corruption" messages. Please help
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

tonymec wrote:The flashblock versions at AMO (authored by Philip Chee) seem to be out of date.
The versions at Mozdev (from the above signature) are:
  • 1.5.17 for Firefox 4.0 to (current) and nothing else;
  • 1.3.20 for Firefox 4.0+ and SeaMonkey 2.0 to 2.18a (sic);
  • 1.3.unstable for Firefox 4.0+ and SeaMonkey 2.0 to 2.19a (sic).
Now a recent decision of the Core developers is that the about:config preference plugins.click_to_play now means that by clicking one plugin placeholder in a page, all instances of the same plugin on the same domain are immediately whitelisted (see for instance bug 738698, bug 886792 and bug 902650). This is unacceptable to me so in the face of the adamantness of those Firefox blockheads I'm looking for an alternative solution. What should I use with SeaMonkey 2.23a1?

I managed to get Flashblock 1.5.17 to install in SeaMonkey 2.24. I modified the ID for Firefox to that for SeaMonkey, as well as the version numbers in install.rdf. I changed the first line in chrome.manifest to:
overlay chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul chrome://flashblock/content/flashblock.xul
and it works fine. As far as SeaMonkey goes for click-to-play, it still works per item, not per site.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Just want to mention that FLST (Firefox 4+) was successfully ported by Lemon Juice and has worked fine for me for nearly a week without issue.

The extension adds the ability for Seamonkey to return to the last tab you were viewing prior to the tab that you closed. It can also switch between a tab and the previously viewed tab by clicking on the tab in the tab bar.

The post with the link to the ported extension can be viewed below (it's within the discussion about the ported All-in-One Gestures, which originally had this feature but was removed, so porting FLST was deemed to be a better solution).

viewtopic.php?p=13405007#p13405007

Thought that this might be interesting for others using Seamonkey.
therube

Post by therube »

AMO: Zoomr (preliminarily reviewed)
"Simulates the smart zoom of mobile devices and tablets on desktop. Instead of double tapping though, click and hold to zoom on a paragraph, image, [page] etc."

This looks to work in SeaMonkey with the simple addition of a "SeaMonkey" section in install.rdf.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

@philip, just to note, AMO: Duplicate This Tab 1.3 directly supports SeaMonkey, so your xsidebar page could just point to that (if you wanted).

(The only difference between your 1.2-mod & 1.3 is a slight change in install.rdf, <em:maxVersion>.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mike-r

Post by mike-r »

Grab and Drag - (request)
tonymec wrote:You can download this (working but imperfect) modded extension from here.

Doenst work anymore since 2.23.

Have downloaded the "original" new version, patched the install.rdf, doesnt work too. Preferences are all there an changeble, but on Websites appears nothing.

Any Ideas?

Edit: Original is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -and-drag/
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

mike-r wrote:Grab and Drag - (request)
tonymec wrote:You can download this (working but imperfect) modded extension from here.

Doenst work anymore since 2.23.

Have downloaded the "original" new version, patched the install.rdf, doesnt work too. Preferences are all there an changeble, but on Websites appears nothing.

Any Ideas?

Edit: Original is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -and-drag/

Dunno. Grab & Drag 3.1 is still installed here, but disabled.
Best regards,
Tony
NanM

Post by NanM »

Hello Phil and therube - long time no see - since NS forums.
Coming over to SM. Fx 28 was the limit of dumbing-down for me.
Loving the single thumbs per tabs in Win 7 taskbar!

Can I have an opinion on
textlink compatibility please?
AMO page

It works fine in Fx ESR 24.4.0
Modding the instal.rdf ain't enough for it to work in this SM.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25
build 20140318183706
Would it possibly only need extra a chrome mod, and if so, what?

And no, none of the linkification kinda extensions do anything I want.
This one removes the biggest annoyance --- actually selecting text, esp with all the crazy proportional fonts used these days --- without turning the web page into a soup of linkified possibles.
Thus a single keyboard/mouse combo gets only the link you're interested in html'd and opened in a new tab. Real quick and efficient.
It's a big package because of all the link patterns.
therube

Post by therube »

A quick look, with the normal mod's, seems to work with text_link-4.1.2013040601-fx.xpi:

install.rdf:

Code: Select all

<!-- SeaMonkey -->
   <em:targetApplication>
      <Description>
        <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>2.0</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>2.29</em:maxVersion>
      </Description>
   </em:targetApplication>

chrome.manifest:

Code: Select all

overlay   chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul   chrome://textlink/content/globalOverlay.xul

(I didn't explore fully, but what I saw, worked.)

Extensions support in SeaMonkey 2
NanM

Post by NanM »

therube wrote: with the normal mod's,

Super! thanks so much therube.
I don't work the extension hard, because I just manage the usual kinds of tab focus selection with the link recognition - but it's working fine for the usual keycombos.

And thanks for the dev link so I can learn a bit better.
I might even be able to report bugs one day ;-)
mike-r

Post by mike-r »

Grab&Drag (request2)

Found a newer Version (3.2.5) here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zya5pbb8ct179
but doesnt works too. (got the Link in any of my older bookmarks, but dunno from whom it is - but i'm litlle bit save it was here in the Forum)

Any Idea?
Farby

Post by Farby »

try grab_and_drag-3.2.5.2-fx+sm.xpi

Changelog
  • Minor bugfix.
  • Ver 3.2.5.1: Small bugfix for Fx27+ supporting non"-moz-" CSS grab, grabbing cursors.
Life sometimes throws this what you want to find ...
mike-r

Post by mike-r »

Farby: very lot of thx to you, works fine again.
(but in a few days comes the new SM ... we will see)

Edit: Ok, "in a few days is now" and your G&B works.
Last edited by mike-r on May 3rd, 2014, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.