Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
realitybath

Post by realitybath »

works fine for me on 0.9.1, only thing i've noticed is that when using charamel theme, the stop/reload button is blank (on the toolbar and in the customize sheet/window). Its there for default/other themes though... notaprob. i can fix for myself.

thanks for this extension, i finally installed it today(used it on .8 alot). :D
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I have a sneaking suspision I've had this problem with a previous version of TBX, but all my icons are incorrect. The regular browser icons are fine, but all the ones made by TBX are mucked up

EDIT: Yep, I have had this problem before, and found my solution on page 12 of this thread or something. But since the extension manager has changed, my fix no longer works. Can somenone help?
clav

Post by clav »

realitybath:

tbx0.15 grabs the icons for stop and reload straight from chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar.png from the regions where they would be in Winstripe (tbx 0.14 and earlier included their own copies of the icons). Charamel probably has its icons in a different file.

TychoQuad:

You could say what's wrong with them? (Or post a screenshot?) Are the tbx buttons using standard browser buttons' icons, or are they just generally mangled?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Depends on the skin I use, for simplicity, I'm going to cite the examples shown in the default skin, Winstripe.

All the TBX icons I add to my toolbar have incorrect icons. View page info is the cut icon, clear cache is the new window icon, toggle full screen is the history icon, decrease text size is the print icon, and the save page is the reload icon and so on.

In the default skin, the only correct icon is the stop/reload icon.

If I switch to a third party skin which has bigger icons (Qute is my example) then i get bits and pieces of icons from that theme for all icons, but those bits and pieces are only as big as the Winstripse icons are meant to be.

It looks to me like you are drawing all your icons from the active theme, instead of having the icons built in like in previous versions. I don't know why I'm getting incorrect icons in the default theme, but it's obvious Qute isn't working because it's attempting to draw icons using Qute, but to Winstripe's icon sizes.
clav

Post by clav »

Try adding:

.tbx-button {
list-style-image: url(chrome://tbx/skin/large.png) !important;
}
toolbar[iconsize="small"] .tbx-button {
list-style-image: url(chrome://tbx/skin/small.png) !important;
}

to userChrome.css.

Those two rules are in chrome://tbx/skin/tbx.css without the !important's, but are presumably not taking effect for some reason.
tomanystraydogs

Post by tomanystraydogs »

I like it.

Wish the show image button did not default to 'on'

Yeah, I'm on a dial up :(
tomanystraydogs

Post by tomanystraydogs »

Really like it, just got FF a couple days ago, this really helps.

I would like for the image, plugins, javascript etc.. buttons to be persistent if possible.

Example: I have the image button off, but when I launch a new tab its back on (in the new tab).

Us dial up users will be very grateful :)

Thanks for the hard work too!
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

First of all, Thanx for a first class extension ;-)

I have a couple of questions and my inexperience may be the cause. When I add enhancements to the nav bar and go full screen the min/max/close does not drop down to the nav bar. I tried it many ways using either F11 or the icon., but they migrate back north meaning I have to release full screen to minimize or close.

The second question concerns fullscreen also, is it possible to leave the Windoze taskbar when running in full screen. I work with a Lattitude with a 12" screen. I am usually multitasking so I leave task bar on . I set fullscreen to remove all top bars except nav and this has my working essentials (in Firefox _ Thanks to your enhancements) and then I set nav bar on autohide leaving me as much screen as possible while still watching my work via taskbar

I did try the options icon in the exstension window but I have not been able to get it open, does it open ? Haha or is that a stupid question :-)

If you have advice, I'll take it but either way I appreciate the work :-)

MeCasa
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

*Snippity*
Last edited by TychoQuad on July 9th, 2004, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

clav wrote:Try adding:

.tbx-button {
list-style-image: url(chrome://tbx/skin/large.png) !important;
}
toolbar[iconsize="small"] .tbx-button {
list-style-image: url(chrome://tbx/skin/small.png) !important;
}

to userChrome.css.

Those two rules are in chrome://tbx/skin/tbx.css without the !important's, but are presumably not taking effect for some reason.

The pescribed quote simply breaks all TBX's images, exept for the stop/reload button, which is still incorrect icons. They are all just blank now
clav

Post by clav »

MeCasa wrote:First of all, Thanx for a first class extension ;-)

Please learn how to spell "thanks".

When I add enhancements to the nav bar and go full screen the min/max/close does not drop down to the nav bar. I tried it many ways using either F11 or the icon., but they migrate back north meaning I have to release full screen to minimize or close.

This is by design. When the Full Screen button is on the toolbars the standard window controls that show when in Full Screen mode get hidden. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The second question concerns fullscreen also, is it possible to leave the Windoze taskbar when running in full screen.

I wrote another extension that did that, though I haven't repackaged it for Firefox 0.9+ yet. You can probably find it if you search the forums for "titleless".

I did try the options icon in the extension window but I have not been able to get it open, does it open?

No; there is no Options window for this extension.
clav

Post by clav »

TychoQuad wrote:The pescribed quote simply breaks all TBX's images, exept for the stop/reload button, which is still incorrect icons. They are all just blank now

So what happens if you try and load the URL chrome://tbx/skin/large.png in Firefox?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Invalid Address Error
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

Please learn how to spell "thanks".

That much suckass and you nail me on Thanx
However I am asking for your help (humble sigh)
So:
Thank You for correcting my poor grammer :-)

This is by design. When the Full Screen button is on the toolbars the standard window controls that show when in Full Screen mode get hidden. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Is it possible to write a workaround ?

I wrote another extension that did that, though I haven't repackaged it for Firefox 0.9+ yet. You can probably find it if you search the forums for "titleless".

Tried it with enhancements installed and it locked up screen, tried it wiyh a "clean" profile and it would not install, possably 9.1

MeCasa
Lazlo Woodbine

Post by Lazlo Woodbine »

Thank You for correcting my poor grammer :-)

Didn't help your poor spelling did it? ;)

grammAr
Last edited by Lazlo Woodbine on July 9th, 2004, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.