Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

I am unable to save the xpi to the disk. I get a popup Save Link message that says:

The link could not be saved. The web page might have been moved or had its name changed.

The extension installs okay, but cannot be saved to the disk.
clav

Post by clav »

bozz wrote:....The extension installs okay, but cannot be saved to the disk.

you probably hit a mirror that hadn't updated when you tried to save it, but got one of the good ones when installing

try http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/clav/toolbarext/
flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit »

clav have I told you recently that you rock? Cause you do.
flatrabbit
-- A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it.
‡ [ home | give | game ] ‡
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

Wow, this extension rock. Good job, clav.

Edit I just found something strange on the left side toolbar... I'll test the extension more thoroughly tomorrow.
I'm weird, damn
clav

Post by clav »

v0.2 is done. same url, but you might need to wait a few minutes

(or to be sure you get 0.2 go here )

changes:

- problem with bookmark manager button fixed
- separators look right in vertical toolbars :)
- when dragging things around on the vertical toolbars the dropmarker is horizontal rather than vertical (making it easier to see where the item will go)
- toolbars now have a different context menu while in customisation mode. from the context menu you can set the mode (full, icons only, text only) and icon size *for the individual toolbar*. :)
- extension description in options panel fixed. (though it probably wont update unless you wipe chrome.rdf and the overlayinfo folder)
- some other stuff that i can't remember

issues:

- doesn't remember the icon size + mode for custom toolbars when set through the context menu. they will revert back to small icons only.
- if you set a vertical toolbar created with v0.1 to small icons mode then it won't fully take effect until you exit customisation mode. solution is to recreate the toolbar in question. then small icons mode takes effect immediately. esoteric bug or what? ;)

new screenshot:

http://clav.mozdev.org/toolbarext/left-fullmode.png

a toolbar down the left including some toolbar separators and set to icons+text mode (while the main toolbars are in small icons only mode)

enjoy :)
Last edited by clav on September 15th, 2003, 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

Awesome dude... I'm using it right now. Anyway, does anyone know any good extension for helping to download pictures from website?
clav

Post by clav »

Kasteo wrote:Awesome dude... I'm using it right now. Anyway, does anyone know any good extension for helping to download pictures from website?

Magpie or Linky maybe.

Use the forum search, and start a new thread if need be, but please don't clutter up this one with something so unrelated
clav

Post by clav »

ah, I remember now! the other thing I changed was the small icon for the page info button. it now looks like more like the large icon, rather than being a scaled up bookmark icon

i'm sure that'll be the change that persuades you all to upgrade! :)
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

Thanks... I'm trying to downlaod the version 0.2, but there is no file. Can you check the link again? And do I need to uninstall version 0.1 before install 0.2 or it will overwrite?
flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit »

dammit, i was just finished being all excited about v0.1..........very nice.
flatrabbit
-- A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it.
‡ [ home | give | game ] ‡
clav

Post by clav »

Kasteo wrote:Thanks... I'm trying to downlaod the version 0.2, but there is no file. Can you check the link again?

one of the mozdev download mirrors (secsup.org) is misbehaving. i've changed the link to point at one of the others

And do I need to uninstall version 0.1 before install 0.2 or it will overwrite?

you can't easily uninstall, but installing over the top should be fine. (just so long as you don't end up with one copy installed locally and one globally. that can make weird things happen ;))
Hooded One

Post by Hooded One »

clav wrote:
Laurentbon wrote:- When you View>toolbars and untick a scrollbar created with the extension, then close firebird, at the next restart the extension is shown. ie: firebird doesn't remember that the toolbar has been hidden between 2 sessions.

true, and annoying, and i'll fix it.

note that Fb as standard does not remember the state of extra toolbars

Hmm... at the moment, extra toolbars not in the top position not only forget their visiblity, but they make themselves blank. If you do manage to figure out how to make it remember the toolbar state, you might want to pipe up in bug 215489 about it.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
SuSE Linux 9.2, Kernel 2.6.8, KDE 3.3.2
clav

Post by clav »

Hooded One wrote:Hmm... at the moment, extra toolbars not in the top position not only forget their visiblity, but they make themselves blank.

cdn mentioned that in an email too, but it's not something i've experienced. build and os? and do the buttons reappear on the palette? and do you see anything in the js console? (having set the javascript.options.showInConsole pref to true first)

If you do manage to figure out how to make it remember the toolbar state, you might want to pipe up in bug 215489 about it.

solution is fairly obvious. you just need to think up some silly new attribute like |toolbarstates| for the <toolbarset/>, and read it on startup (in the <toolbarbox/> or <toolbarset/> xbl binding where the toolbars are created (can't remember which binsing it is off hand)). or you could use multiple attributes, one per toolbar. the point being of course that you can persist the attributes on the <toolbarset/> because the element exists when the document is first created, and cacan have it's attributes restored. the toolbars themselves are created on startup, so aren't around when persisted attributes are being restored
banjobacon!

Post by banjobacon! »

I have the following code in my userchrome.css file to dosplay the sidebar on the right side:

Code: Select all

/* Place the sidebar on the right edge of the window */
#browser {
   direction: rtl;
}
#sidebar-box {
   direction: ltr;
}
#appcontent {
   direction: ltr;
}

This sorta breaks the extension, in that vertical toolbars will appear on the opposite side they are told to appear on. And suggestion of how I can fix this without messing up the alignment of other stuff?
ehume

Post by ehume »

I love this extension, with its noew icons. The side toolbars will be great . . . when closing and reopening the browser finds the icons still resident in the toolbar. Until then, I'm enjoying the print preview button and other lovely choices. Thanks.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.