Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
scragz

Re: Print button

Post by scragz »

sjrowland wrote:
clav wrote:
sjrowland wrote:2) Instead of hi-jacking the print button and making it a print preview button could you not give us another button for print preview which we could drag and drop from the customize menu. This would give people the option of print, print-preview or both.

i could, but i'm not going to. :p

Pity as despite the overall usefullness and general niceness of this extension the removal of the print button makes it a none starter for me. :(
But great work all the same. :)

If you like everything except that, it wouldn’t be too hard to modify the extension.
Torisugari

Re: Print button

Post by Torisugari »

scragz wrote:If you like everything except that, it wouldn’t be too hard to modify the extension.

But requesting is easier.
clav

Post by clav »

sjrowland: i'm not changing the print preview button back. would a context menu with Print, Print Preview and Page Setup be ok?

now, what other features would people like to see in this extension?

I have two bugs to fix (making the controls in the customisation panel for how toolbars should look and the Restore Default Set button affect all toolbars), but after that its features time :)

would being able to drag a toolbar from one toolbox to another be useful? this would probably by done by having the toolbars gain a grippy while in customisation mode. and that could also allow for dragging a whole toolbar to the palette to remove it.

any extra toolbar buttons people would like? i'd like to make all the standard status bar controls available as toolbar items, but i'm not whether it will be feasible
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

clav wrote:now, what other features would people like to see in this extension?

How 'bout a button with a context menu that let's you change/toggle 'Enable Java', Enable JavaScript', 'Load Images' and 'for the originating Web site only' individually. There is a combination of these in another extension, but not all four options. The Load Images button in that extension either allows all images or none and doesn't allow a seperate choice. I don't recall the extension name at the moment.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

clav wrote:would being able to drag a toolbar from one toolbox to another be useful? this would probably by done by having the toolbars gain a grippy while in customisation mode. and that could also allow for dragging a whole toolbar to the palette to remove it.

Sounds great!

any extra toolbar buttons people would like? i'd like to make all the standard status bar controls available as toolbar items, but i'm not whether it will be feasible

But it would be great! I have always wanted to put the progress bar elsewhere, and dump some other buttons down where it used to be! And I wouldn't mind repositioning the statusbar text too! I think there's about 3 other threads where I have expressed intrest in such a feature.
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Ability to access the cookie manager (to allow, block, etc. cookie sites).
ehume

Post by ehume »

clav wrote:any extra toolbar buttons people would like?
Clear Cache button.

All of the other means of doing that--including Quickprefs--required opening two or three levels of stuff. Sometimes a quick flush makes all the difference in the world. I need to do it a few times a day, and no terrible thing happens if I click it by mistake. Those reasons make it a perfect candidate for a toolbar button.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

ehume wrote:
Clear Cache button.

All of the other means of doing that--including Quickprefs--required opening two or three levels of stuff. Sometimes a quick flush makes all the difference in the world. I need to do it a few times a day, and no terrible thing happens if I click it by mistake. Those reasons make it a perfect candidate for a toolbar button.

X or XKiosk works fine for this.
clav

Post by clav »

bozz wrote:How 'bout a button with a context menu that let's you change/toggle 'Enable Java', Enable JavaScript', 'Load Images' and 'for the originating Web site only' individually. There is a combination of these in another extension, but not all four options. The Load Images button in that extension either allows all images or none and doesn't allow a seperate choice. I don't recall the extension name at the moment.

PrefButtons probably. I wrote it. I've not decided whether I want to start including things from it in Toolbarext yet, but if I decide against I'll upgrade PrefButtons instead

hao2lian wrote:

Ability to access the cookie manager (to allow, block, etc. cookie sites).

ok. sounds reasonable. need a small biscuit icon :)

ehume wrote:
Clear Cache button.

True. I think PrefButtons has a plain Clear Cache button though.

If you want it in Toolbarext it will need a nice icon, and I can't think of one.

bozz wrote:X or XKiosk works fine for this.

xKiosk does other very dangerous things too, and requires confirmation. x, as ehume said, requires two clicks, which can be annoying
clav

v0.4

Post by clav »

version 0.4 is done: http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... ext0.4.xpi
(at least one of the mirrors has already updated)

- it should work with any build, not just recent nightlies

- Restore Default Set now destroys all toolbars on the left, right, and bottom.

- toolbar mode and icon size controls in the customisation palette affect all toolbars now. you can still use the context menus to change a specific toolbar.

- toolbar context menu (while in customisation mode) allows you to set whether a toolbar should be shown in full screen mode. (useful for the bookmarks toolbar as well as toolbars at the side or bottom) :)

- Add New Toolbar dialogue now appears in the middle of the customisation palette/sheet-thingy, rather than the top left corner.
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

I get a chrome registration error from the downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org mirror.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

hao2lian wrote:I get a chrome registration error from the downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org mirror.

Same here, and that seems to be the only mirror that has propogated so far. Guess I'll just have to wait...(damn you temporal nature of the universe!!!).
mhowie

Post by mhowie »

I am running the unofficial 0.7 RC build... which version of Toolbar Extensions should I utilize?

Thanks,
--Howie
ehume

Post by ehume »

clav wrote:
ehume wrote:
Clear Cache button.
I think PrefButtons has a plain Clear Cache button . . .

If you want it in Toolbarext it will need a nice icon, and I can't think of one.
The Clear Cache button does the precise job I want. Thank you.

The button is tall and wide, though. Its height means it must stay on my only tall toolbar. Its width means it can't go on my leftbar. I'd recommend a small square icon (no larger than the small version of the full screen mode icon) with the letters "cc" but that abbrev. has already been taken. Perhaps an empty box--a gray cube open at the top.

Thank you for leaving the toolbar sizes separately customizable: I like the main icons (F, B, Reload, Stop, Home) large, but I want my leftbar as narrow as possible. ToolBarEnh allows that. :-)
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

hao2lian wrote:I get a chrome registration error from the downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org mirror.

The ibiblio mirror has the same error.