Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sleepykit

Post by sleepykit »

I have a question, and this is probably something very simple that I am not seeing. I like it when everything opens in tabs, except downloads. It's a little annoying to get a blank tab when downloading an extension (this is where I first found it a problem). I am using Firefox 1.0.3 and have no other tab-related extensions installed. It's probably just a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you in advance for any help.
Where caterpillars see death, humans see butterflies
AZJerry

Post by AZJerry »

feature request:
I like an option to duplicate the tab in a new window. I used to be able to do this, with TBE I think.

I know I can open a link in a new window but if I'm already there I may not be able to easily find the link that got me there.
AZJerry

Post by AZJerry »

sleepykit wrote:I have a question, and this is probably something very simple that I am not seeing. I like it when everything opens in tabs, except downloads. It's a little annoying to get a blank tab when downloading an extension (this is where I first found it a problem). I am using Firefox 1.0.3 and have no other tab-related extensions installed. It's probably just a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you in advance for any help.

Disable Targets For Downloads
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 9&hl=blank
scragz

Post by scragz »

This has turned into a feature request fiesta, but I have a genuine bug. When a tab is loading in the background, it can't be moved by drag and drop. If I switch to the loading tab, it can then be moved.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

scragz wrote:When a tab is loading in the background, it can't be moved by drag and drop. If I switch to the loading tab, it can then be moved.
This bug does not occur in my Mozilla Firefox. Post your Mozilla Firefox and basic system info.
HemiolaSUN

Post by HemiolaSUN »

scragz: it is a miniT limit, difficult to fix.
scragz

Post by scragz »

logixoul wrote:
scragz wrote:When a tab is loading in the background, it can't be moved by drag and drop. If I switch to the loading tab, it can then be moved.
This bug does not occur in my Mozilla Firefox. Post your Mozilla Firefox and basic system info.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041018 Firefox/1.0

I only noticed it on some really slow sites that were taking a minute or so to even send headers.
dorando

Post by dorando »

HemiolaSUN wrote:scragz: it is a miniT limit, difficult to fix.
Which was fixed with miniT 20050207...
n3w93n3

Post by n3w93n3 »

logixoul you ve got so many plans so i am ashamed of to ask you about more features, but nevertheless:

features request

1). add an option to open new tab next to current one only if the domain in new tab is the same as in current tab and force also (with this option enabled) the new "about:blank" tab to open like in normal mode.

2). counter of opened tabs (probably somewhere in status bar) "opened tabs: ...". no matter in what way it is solved - dynamic counter or just a button to count.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1
rtilson

TabMix and nightly 20050419

Post by rtilson »

Todays's nightly build, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050419 will not come up completely with TabMix installed. A chromeless browser comes up with no prefs loaded. Never asks to be default browser, bookmarks toolbar nor tab bar shows. I tried with TM 0.1.3 - TM 0.2.
Sometimes I go off into my own little world. But that's ok, they know me there.
chob

Post by chob »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050419 Firefox/1.0+

Me too rtilson. Conflict with TabMix 0.2 extension. TabMix 0.16 also fails. Looks like TabMix is broken for some reason. I get the following jsc error messages, which may or may not be related:

Error: __Startup is not a function
Source File: chrome://tabmix/content/links/links.js
Line: 72

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.gotoIndex]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tabmix/content/session/session.js :: anonymous :: line 337" data: no]

EDIT:
(The ever helpful) Gavin has suggested it was caused by <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=239218">(239218) Menus are nonfunctional when 'tools' have focus (Downloads / Extensions / Theme Managers, JavaScript Console and Page Info window)</a> since that renames Startup() to BrowserStartup()

So I changed line 12 in TabMix's links.js from
var __Startup = window.Startup;
to
var __Startup = window.BrowserStartup;

and TabMix doesn't stop firefox from starting up anymore.

HOWEVER

middle clicking or left clicking on a link in the bookmarks sidebar throws the js console error

Error: NC_NS is not defined
Source File: chrome://tabmix/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.js
Line: 64

Changing the line from
url = BookmarksUtils.getProperty(selection.item[0].Value, NC_NS+"URL", this.db);
to
url = BookmarksUtils.getProperty(selection.item[0].Value, gNC_NS+"URL", this.db);
fixes this problem.
Last edited by chob on April 20th, 2005, 6:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
chob

Post by chob »

Also, as an aside, I use the session saver feature of TabMix.
When firefox crashes, it doesn't open the last tabs I was on (expected behaviour)
However, the tabs it does restore are from a browing session from a few weeks ago, which is quite anoying.
Just a headsup for you logixoul :)
scragz

Post by scragz »

chob wrote:Also, as an aside, I use the session saver feature of TabMix.
When firefox crashes, it doesn't open the last tabs I was on (expected behaviour)
However, the tabs it does restore are from a browing session from a few weeks ago, which is quite anoying.
Just a headsup for you logixoul :)

What would need to be done to fix this behaviour is one of the biggest performance problems of TBE. It would need to save the tab state every X ms in preparation that a crash could happen.
dk70

Post by dk70 »

I had more or less same problem with Stipe 1.03 - which I just replaced official 1.02 with. No uninstall or anything. Also not with TabMix 1.6 before installing 2.0. Uninstall 2.0, cleaning up about:config for leftovers, reinstall and now restore session seems to work.

Btw, is it not almost impossible to troubleshoot trunk problems with Tabmix? And equally impossible for author to come up with fixes. Does it even make sense to try? What about next week, next month?. Just afraid he spend too much time on your "temporary" browsers, perhaps also temporary problems ;)
ghingy

Post by ghingy »

lol, since everyone is requesting something new eventho it's not Christmas, I'll do the same!

logixoul, why don't we have a sub-extension for this extension? That way, everyone can be sure to have all the features they need and add extra features to TabMix if they want to:)

but seriously, all these individual preference is just going to make TabMix really huge and might even start affecting the performance of the browser. Just my 2-cents
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.