Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sleepykit

Post by sleepykit »

AZJerry wrote:Disable Targets For Downloads
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 9&hl=blank

Thank you very much for your help. That actually did the trick.
chob

Post by chob »

scragz wrote:
chob wrote:Also, as an aside, I use the session saver feature of TabMix.
When firefox crashes, it doesn't open the last tabs I was on (expected behaviour)
However, the tabs it does restore are from a browing session from a few weeks ago, which is quite anoying.
Just a headsup for you logixoul :)

What would need to be done to fix this behaviour is one of the biggest performance problems of TBE. It would need to save the tab state every X ms in preparation that a crash could happen.
I'm not asking that it save tabstate every X ms (Like I acknowledged, I don't expect it to open the last tabs because of the crash.)
However, what I don't expect it to be presented with a tab session that I was using 2 weeks ago. It should have restored the last but one session imo.
chob

Post by chob »

I have made a fix for TabMix 0.2 so it works with the latest nightly trunk builds. (20050420 onwards)
More information here http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... entry12715
rtilson

Post by rtilson »

chob wrote:I have made a fix for TabMix 0.2 so it works with the latest nightly trunk builds. (20050420 onwards)
More information here http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... =12715&#en
try12715

Works fine for me, chob. Thanks.
Sometimes I go off into my own little world. But that's ok, they know me there.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I'm still having issues with opening bookmarks from the drop-list or the marksbar..on 'single' click.
The marks open OK from the Bookmarks side-bar...

I've removed tabmix, and tried a new install...same as above..
I'm still using a build from early this morning that I downloaded at 6:35AM EST...
Since I'm on dialup, I'm hesitant to download another hourly just now with all the reports of broken installer on Win.

Will check back tomorrow....time for work here...

Thanks Chob for your efforts.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

Actually, I decided not to develop a "lite" version of Tab Mix. But, I will take really seriously the fact that Tab Mix should not be overcrowded with features, slow, heavy and buggy. I will try to avoid ridiculous features and I will do my best to keep the extension small and fast. I hope I don't disappoint you, people.
Chob, thank you for this. It will be in the next version.
Edit:It will not be. I just noticed that it's not for official builds. How stupid I am...
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I'm still having issues with opening bookmarks from the drop-list or the marksbar..on 'single' click.
The marks open OK from the Bookmarks side-bar...

I now suspect that the change to not use 'reserved' const names may be causing the regular bookmarks
not to open, but they are OK in the sidebar:

Do these come into play anywhere? I took these from another thread:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug 290714 - Don't use reserved const names in bookmarks/content was fixed by replacing in bookmarks.js
Code:
var NC_NS, WEB_NS, RDF_NS, XUL_NS, NC_NS_CMD;

with Code:
var gNC_NS, gWEB_NS, gRDF_NS, gXUL_NS, gNC_NS_CMD;
so every extension that uses code from bookmarks.js need to be fix.

I did find in bookmarks.xul a reference to nc_ns

I have figured out how to look at files, but have not figured out how to edit and save back, it keeps wanting to put it into another folder..and I'm not having any luck in replacing the file inside the .js
onemen

Post by onemen »

Littlemutt maybe you have other extention that affected by this bug fix.
can you list your extentions?
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

onemen wrote:Littlemutt maybe you have other extention that affected by this bug fix.
can you list your extentions?

I'm at work right now and don't have a list right off... but I have:

forecastfox
Sage
Update here: http://b3virq3b.ecwhost.com/files/Sage%20(trunk).xpi
Enhanced History - not affected
TabMix Fixed by Chob:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 8&st=240&#
StatusbarClock - not affected
CookieCuller - not affected
CTC - close tab context menu - not affected
LastTab - not affected
Cute Menu's - not affected
Favicon Picker - Used to have, reported as Needs Update

So in short Sage, TabMix, FavIcon Picker was affected by change.
Last edited by a;skdjfajf;ak on April 21st, 2005, 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
onemen

Post by onemen »

Sage is affected, for the other i will check tomorrow
chob

Post by chob »

Littlemutt > You can add FavIconPicker to that list too.

Code: Select all

Error: NC_NS is not defined
Source File: chrome://faviconpicker/content/faviconpicker.js
Line: 55
Peterg2

Post by Peterg2 »

Perhaps I am missing something here but I believe this thread is about Tabmix whereas it appears to me that we have a few people discussing issues with their trunk builds. I would assume that discussions on tabmix would relate to matters pertaining to people using release versions of Firefox and, just perhaps, branch builds.

If I am in error, please accept my apologies.

Peter
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

@logixoul: thank you for taking the task of developing. This is really a great extension.

I'd like to place two Feature Requests:

1) The integration of a Firefox menu item "Tab Mix Options". To access the vast amount of option it's a pain to always start the Extensionsmanager, search, scroll, click and choose "Options"

2) When Tab Mix is configured to open all external links in new tabs it should also allow using an existing blank tab as if it were a new one.

Thanks for your time.
scragz

Post by scragz »

Kitefighter wrote:1) The integration of a Firefox menu item "Tab Mix Options". To access the vast amount of option it's a pain to always start the Extensionsmanager, search, scroll, click and choose "Options"

Please don't. I have fair amount of extensions installed, quite a few less than some, and if every one of those put a menu item for their options, my tools menu would be unusable. This is not the way extensions are meant to work in Fx.

Someone might want to make an extension that adds a sub-menu to the extensions menu item that allows you to directly access each installed extensions options. That's not a bad idea.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

scragz wrote:
Kitefighter wrote:1) The integration of a Firefox menu item "Tab Mix Options". To access the vast amount of option it's a pain to always start the Extensionsmanager, search, scroll, click and choose "Options"

Please don't. I have fair amount of extensions installed, quite a few less than some, and if every one of those put a menu item for their options, my tools menu would be unusable. This is not the way extensions are meant to work in Fx.

Someone might want to make an extension that adds a sub-menu to the extensions menu item that allows you to directly access each installed extensions options. That's not a bad idea.
of course i will not add it.it would be a guideline violation for an extension options to be accesible from another place but the extension manager.but i keep getting requests for that.
i will think about the second.