Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
PTS

Post by PTS »

logixoul wrote:Actually, I decided not to develop a "lite" version of Tab Mix. But, I will take really seriously the fact that Tab Mix should not be overcrowded with features, slow, heavy and buggy. I will try to avoid ridiculous features and I will do my best to keep the extension small and fast. I hope I don't disappoint you, people.

Thanks for taking over the maintenance of Tab Mix. You are doing a great job.

Remember your promise, above and the original intent of Tab Mix to not be a replacement for TBE. If you can't live without TBE's features use TBE.

Thanks again.

PTS
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

Tab Mix 0.2 is currently waiting for authorization at Mozilla Update.
Short homepage downtime expected, the bandwidth is almost over. Sorry. Next month I'm getting a hosting upgrade.
0.3 is nearly finished. But I am in doubt whether it deserves a secondary version number change. Maybe it should be 0.2.1...
PTS wrote:Thanks for taking over the maintenance of Tab Mix. You are doing a great job.

Remember your promise, above and the original intent of Tab Mix to not be a replacement for TBE. If you can't live without TBE's features use TBE.

Thanks again.

PTS
I will.
Morac wrote:"colosebutton" should be "closebutton".
Greatly appreciated, I don't know how have I missed this. Fixed in the next version.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Hi logixoul,

This problem with the trunks:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 91#1380891

stills happen with version 0.2...

Thanks for still developing this great extension.
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

logixoul wrote:0.3 is nearly finished. But I am in doubt whether it deserves a secondary version number change. Maybe it should be 0.2.1...

Depends how much has changed and what's new. Can you post a changelog to whet our appetite ? ;)
PTS

Post by PTS »

ShareBird wrote:Hi logixoul,

I am unable to duplicate this problem using Fx 1.0.3 and Tab Mix 0.2. Tab Mix does not support nightly builds.
ronin712

Post by ronin712 »

From email before I was pointed at this topic:

logixoul wrote:
ronin712 wrote:When selecting "Open in Tabs" on a bookmark folder, the "Open new tabs next to the current one" setting causes them to open in reverse order.

there is a "change opening order" checkbox next to the "open new tabs
next to current one" checkbox. select it.

This affects the order when I open them one at a time, which is not what I want. The order they appear in the bookmark folder should be the order they open in, regardless of the tab opening settings.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

ronin712 wrote:From email before I was pointed at this topic:

logixoul wrote:
ronin712 wrote:When selecting "Open in Tabs" on a bookmark folder, the "Open new tabs next to the current one" setting causes them to open in reverse order.

there is a "change opening order" checkbox next to the "open new tabs
next to current one" checkbox. select it.

This affects the order when I open them one at a time, which is not what I want. The order they appear in the bookmark folder should be the order they open in, regardless of the tab opening settings.
I see. I will fix it.
@Defenestration: Here is what is changed till now in the unreleased version 0.3 or 0.2.1:
  • Improved user interface
  • Some previously hidden options integrated into user interface
  • Code optimized
  • Removed 2 redundant options
  • "List of opened tabs" submenu moved from Tools menu to content area context menu
  • Added a feature that makes the tabs flex (i.e. not necessarilly wided)
About the last one, onemen contributed it for which I could not be more thankful. But I am almost sure that enabling it will cause some bugs with some of the other features.

By the way, the extension is on Mozilla Update now.

About everyone that has problem with the trunks, the problem seems very difficult to fix :( .
onemen

Post by onemen »

hi logixoul i'm look forward to your next version.
  • i didn't noticed any bug caused by tab flex. (i'm use it with Multi-row).
  • i use only Trunks build and Tabmix working with no problems.
  • if you palnning to use the undo close tabs button you should add code to check if the button is on the toolbar befor you try to disable or enable it
  • i hope you fix the bug with the tabs context menu, it look right only for the second time it show. i use lock tab and when i right click on tab the menu popup with lock tab not checked, i have to right click again to make it show the corect menu with lock tab checked. i'v noticed that sometimes the duplicate tab dosn't show at all the first time.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

onemen wrote:
  • i use only Trunks build and Tabmix working with no problems.

Please try this:

Morac

Post by Morac »

That's the same problem as someone mentioned previously in this thread. It is a firefox/mozilla bug that appears to be fixed in the latest nightlies. To work around it do not set the "JavaScript popups" setting to No additional settings.

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 75#1414121
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

TabMix does not work anymore after the EM changes made in Trunks a couple days ago.
Changes were made in the EM to validate the GUID and the EMVersion numbering.

TabMix will install, but its passing a check someplace to allow it to activate...
I would suspect any changes you make to correct the GUID and other things to correct the failures in the Trunk build would not affect the current release versions for 1.0.x

I have tried chaning the install.rdf to emmin: 1.0 and emmax: 1.1.. but that did not help...
must be something else I'm not seeing..but I'm not a coder, and still stumble around with things.

Thanks for keeping up and improving TabMix...Its great and I miss using it, as I am 'Trunks' kind of guy.
ronin712

Post by ronin712 »

From email:

logixoul wrote:
ronin712 wrote:Feature request: Setting to open "View source" in a tab instead of new window.

ok,frankly,i have almost no idea how this could be done,but i will try.

If you want to look at an example, you might want to look at how TBE does it (TBE settings > Use Tab > View Source).
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

logixoul wrote:@Defenestration: Here is what is changed till now in the unreleased version 0.3 or 0.2.1:
  • Improved user interface
  • Some previously hidden options integrated into user interface
  • Code optimized
  • Removed 2 redundant options
  • "List of opened tabs" submenu moved from Tools menu to content area context menu
  • Added a feature that makes the tabs flex (i.e. not necessarilly wided)
About the last one, onemen contributed it for which I could not be more thankful. But I am almost sure that enabling it will cause some bugs with some of the other features.

Thanks. I would go for 0.2.1 since it's mainly tidying up that's been done, but it's your prerogative :)
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Littlemutt wrote:TabMix does not work anymore after the EM changes made in Trunks a couple days ago.
Changes were made in the EM to validate the GUID and the EMVersion numbering.

TabMix will install, but its passing a check someplace to allow it to activate...
I would suspect any changes you make to correct the GUID and other things to correct the failures in the Trunk build would not affect the current release versions for 1.0.x

I have tried chaning the install.rdf to emmin: 1.0 and emmax: 1.1.. but that did not help...
must be something else I'm not seeing..but I'm not a coder, and still stumble around with things.

Thanks for keeping up and improving TabMix...Its great and I miss using it, as I am 'Trunks' kind of guy.

Are you using chob's version from Tab Mix??:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... st&p=12715

ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Morac wrote:

That's the same problem as someone mentioned previously in this thread. It is a firefox/mozilla bug that appears to be fixed in the latest nightlies. To work around it do not set the "JavaScript popups" setting to No additional settings.

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 75#1414121

I guess they are two different things...

The crashes at http://www.exotec-design.de/index.php?id=745 occours only if you configure to open the pics in a new window, not in a new tab...