Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

The only other extensions I have are Sort Bookmarks and All-In-One Gestures. I tried fixing the problem by changing some code but I can't repackage the xpi file. It never finds the install script. The default behavior (in Firefox) is that the left tab gets the focus after a tab is closed. So Tab Mix is conflicting with Firefox itself.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered before (search didn't help much).
Is it possible to keep settings for protected and locked tabs on start. Let's say - homepage tabs. I have 3 and every time i open Fx, i have to protect and lock all three.
TIA.
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

This code in flst.js is wrong:

Code: Select all

if ( mode == 1 && !first_last) {
        window.getBrowser().selectedTab = tabs[curIndex - 1];
        if ( unread)
          tabs[curIndex].removeAttribute("selected");
      }

This will effectively move the focus two tabs to the left. Firefox automatically sets the focus one tab to the left when you close one. Commenting this code out will cause it to function better. Still, if I close the last tab the focus is pushed two tabs to the left (the 2nd to last tab gets the focus). Does anyone know what is causing this to happen? Firefox behaves the way mode 1 should before installing Tab Mix.
onemen

Post by onemen »

makondo wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked/answered before (search didn't help much).
Is it possible to keep settings for protected and locked tabs on start. Let's say - homepage tabs. I have 3 and every time i open Fx, i have to protect and lock all three.
TIA
open tabmix preference > general tab and set Force to open in new tab: to All links
to have all tab locked as default.
Last edited by onemen on June 7th, 2005, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
onemen

Post by onemen »

tastywheat wrote:The only other extensions I have are Sort Bookmarks and All-In-One Gestures. I tried fixing the problem by changing some code but I can't repackage the xpi file. It never finds the install script. The default behavior (in Firefox) is that the left tab gets the focus after a tab is closed. So Tab Mix is conflicting with Firefox itself.

try to disable All-In-One Gestures and see if the problem persist
xanthuos

Post by xanthuos »

Any time I right click on a link and select "open in new tab" it takes me to the new tab. I would like the tab to open in the background so that I can review it at my convenience. I did mess with some settings, but I didn't think I changed anything so that tabs no longer open in the background.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to resolve the problem? Thanks.
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

onemen wrote:try to disable All-In-One Gestures and see if the problem persist

Sure enough that did it. All-In-One Gestures screws with the tab focus in Advanced Preferences. It changes the focus after Tab Mix has its say so I don't think I could've fixed it by changing Tab Mix at all.
wysocki

Post by wysocki »

CPU wrote:i havent tried it but maybe this coudl do it

tab[selected="true"] {
 background-color: #ffcccc !important;
}

Didn't do anything. I tried the example below but not([selected]) modifies the UNREAD tabs instead of the currently selected tab. If I remove the not() it doesn't do anything. (Also, where can I find syntax for all the possibilities here?)

#content tab:not([selected]) .tab-text {
  background-color: #ffcccc !important;
}
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

onemen,
thanks, i've posted in the other thread. (It's getting confusing with two threads going on the same subject!).
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

xanthuos wrote:Any time I right click on a link and select "open in new tab" it takes me to the new tab. I would like the tab to open in the background so that I can review it at my convenience. I did mess with some settings, but I didn't think I changed anything so that tabs no longer open in the background.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to resolve the problem? Thanks.

TM Options/General tab/Tab Focus. Check to see that all boxes are unchecked. Also, in about:config type focus and check if extensions.tabmix.focusTab is 3.
SignOfEth

Tab Mix kills "New Tab" menu item, cmd-clicking on

Post by SignOfEth »

I just discovered this great extension, but the current build in v1.0.4 for OSX breaks two things: "New Tab" from the File menu and cmd-clicking on a link to open in a new tab. If I disable Tab Mix both of those problems disappear. Is there a workaround via the prefs somehow?
kaijnn

Tab Mix 0.2.1, error on Shift-Click

Post by kaijnn »

Using Tab Mix 0.2.1 I've set Shift-Click on a tab to close the tab.

This is not working. What is happenging is if I Shift-Click anywhere in the tab-bar area it closes the active tab, with no regard to which tab I'm actually shift-clicking on.
CPU

Post by CPU »

yes this is a bug, it is set to close teh current tab, in my tabmix plus 0.2.3 i have fixed the problem :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
kaijnn

Post by kaijnn »

CPU wrote:yes this is a bug, it is set to close teh current tab, in my tabmix plus 0.2.3 i have fixed the problem :D
Very cool.

Where would one find revisions newer than 0.2.1 ?
fuscia

Post by fuscia »

i just realized that using an up, right mouse gesture switches tabs. is this tab mix, mouse gestures or a combination of both?