Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
HemiolaSUN

Post by HemiolaSUN »

i think we should encourage logixoul. as i've said, tab mix is become now a complex extension and not easy to maintain. so, don't push him too much, just let him work.

btw, for the progressmeter of tab, i've changed its style, that's why it doesn't look like the original progressmeter. logixoul, look the file content/tab/tab.css and find out the rules:

Code: Select all

tab .tab-progress {
  -moz-appearance: none;  <---
  background-color: transparent;
}
tab .progress-bar{
  -moz-appearance: none;  <---
  background-color: #aaaaff;
}

the two lines "-moz-appearance: none" is why the progressmeter is changed.
blatz

Post by blatz »

with Tab Mix 0.1.5 and 0.1.6 noch new tab by right click
and in extensions manager by clicking it, FF not even response. only killing with task manager

with version 0.2 same problem, after installing FF 1.0.3 in a clean folder, right mouse button opens menu but no new tab appears.

only happens with 1.0.3! in 1.0.2 works fine

post this here also....
Firefox: Version 2.0 // Thunderbird: Version 2.0
CPU

Post by CPU »

Hemiola had plans to add the option to open histories in tabs. could that be in ur plans?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
rc213

Post by rc213 »

Subscribin to keep track of this great extension.
The Man With A Broken Heart...
iwod

Post by iwod »

Well i agree with peter. However i don't mind if it has many features. Just as long as it stay lean.

Before one of the tabmix goal was to keep it under 30Kb. Although recent build with so many features ( page recovery etc ) makes this goal impossible. But i think on one occasion H.Sun say it would only be possible if those features were written in mind from ground up. Since Tab MIx is like code from all other plug in into a big hack for TBP Lite.

So after all. what has changed into version 0.2 that make this size increase to 42 Kb?
ghingy

Post by ghingy »

logixoul, read your todo list earlier and it seems like you have quite a plan for this extension. Looking forward to these new additions!
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

logixoul wrote:Edit:Defenestration, I'll see what I can do. The second one seems easy, which doesn't apply to the first.

Thanks for listening logixoul.

The code for keeping the browser in the background when opening links from external apps is in TBE, although it's a bit buggy in TBE and doesn't always keep the window in the background. Not sure if this makes it any easier to implement in TabMix though.

Will the new SessionSaver you propose be more like TBE's where it's possible to save/load/delete/rename multiple sessions ? This would be another great addition to TabMix, and again the code is already present in TBE. TBE can be a bit slow when loading a session which contains a lot of tabs though.

Very much looking forward to seeing how TabMix progresses...
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

logixoul,
welcome and good luck! Don't get frustrated with people asking to add this and that - they will, you know. Thanks for your clean and easy site too.
As i've said in the first thread, have no probs with 0.2x1.0.3. And while don't need a thing added, welcome your plans - sounds great, good luck with that!

HemiolaSUN, the two codes above (for progressmeter) don't work for me. I have customized default theme. Meter is lilac blue? - played with both, but it just doesn't change.
HemiolaSUN

Post by HemiolaSUN »

iwod wrote:So after all. what has changed into version 0.2 that make this size increase to 42 Kb?

logixoul,

set "compress level" to "store" (if you use 7zip) when compressing the "tabmix.jar" file in the chrome folder. this will make the extension smaller.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

scragz wrote:
logixoul wrote:
scragz wrote:and the loading bg color.
This will not be added. The loading tab effect is achieved by using the standard progressmeter widget and therefore looks like all the rest of the progressmeter in Mozilla Firefox. Modifying the color of exactly this one is an user interface standards violation and is beyond the scope of Tab Mix. If you want, you can change the background color of all of the progressmeters in Mozilla Firefox by adding this to your userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

progressmeter
{
  background-color: COLOR !important;
}
where you should replace COLOR with red, green, gray, #002231, rgb(1,2,3) or any other valid CSS color expression.

This is probably due to GTK Qt engine, but other progress bars look nothing like the tab ones.
Oh, that's true. Sorry. I'm convinced now. I can make them look like all the rest, but the text would be nearly unreadable, so OK. I will add this.
Thanks, Hemiola. But if they look like the rest, like I wanted them to look, the text would be nearly unreadable, so I will add an option to modify the color.
Strange but true. I use 7-Zip and expected Deflate to reduce the size. However, it seems that I'm wrong. The next release will be smaller. Thanks, Hemiola for that, too.
@makondo: don't remove -moz-appearance: none. Just modify the background color and add a !important. e.g.:
background-color: #FFFFFF !important;
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

I did, didn't work. Still working on it. I think it might be the theme in this profile (Brushed), i'll try other profiles (Brushed doesn't work well with TM, as i've told HemiolaSUN before. It's OK though - have no probs in other profiles... just curious and trying to "beat" Brushed ;-)). Thanks!
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

I have a bug in TabMix 0.1.x and 0.2 with trunk builds. If I right click on a tab, the first time I do it in a browser session, the TabMix context menu does not appear. With subsequent right clicks, the menu works OK. This bug has been present since at least mid-January.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050412 Firefox/1.0+
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

makondo wrote:I did, didn't work. Still working on it. I think it might be the theme in this profile (Brushed), i'll try other profiles (Brushed doesn't work well with TM, as i've told HemiolaSUN before. It's OK though - have no probs in other profiles... just curious and trying to "beat" Brushed ;-)). Thanks!
I can add the icon in the package, but it would increase the size of the extension too much. Your best deal is to ask the author of the theme to add the "New Tab" button image into his theme. When you try the default theme, post the results with the progressmeter background color.
@NickJH:Can you tell me exactly with which version update did the bug appear?
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

All right, i'm sure it's the theme - code works in other profiles with customized (bkgrd) default. Thank you both!

tab .tab-progress {
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background-color: transparent !important;
}
tab .progress-bar{
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background-color: COLOR !important;
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

logixoul wrote:@NickJH:Can you tell me exactly with which version update did the bug appear?

logixoul, the regression in TabMix appeared between 0.1.1 and 0.1.2. I only started using nightlies in mid-January so I do not know if anything changed in them.

Nick