MozillaZine

It's late and I really don't know what I'm doing

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
clav

Post Posted September 18th, 2003, 12:29 pm

Pike wrote:I have no idea, I keep meaning to try in case I need to make an extension with an en-UK locale, you could try it and see.

en-GB is the language code.

i keep meaning to test if just 'en' works, because all my extensions use real English, but register the package as en-US at the moment :)

Pike

Post Posted September 18th, 2003, 2:33 pm

clav wrote:i keep meaning to test if just 'en' works, because all my extensions use real English, but register the package as en-US at the moment :)

hehe, if you do get round to it please let me know if it works, registering as en-US just seems wrong ;)

c∂n

Post Posted September 18th, 2003, 3:42 pm

Pike wrote:
clav wrote:i keep meaning to test if just 'en' works, because all my extensions use real English, but register the package as en-US at the moment :)

hehe, if you do get round to it please let me know if it works, registering as en-US just seems wrong ;)

en-UK would probably be english for Ukranians : )

we should definitely use en-GB more : )

clav

Post Posted September 19th, 2003, 7:35 am

here's my latest install script.

- uses an array of locales as seen above
- incorporates Jed's checking-if-it's-already-installed stuff
- can set kSkinFolder to "" if the package doesn't have one, rather than editing the rest of the script
- doesn't have a success message, because i've decided i don't want them in my extensions.

diesel_travis

Post Posted September 19th, 2003, 8:03 am

clav wrote:here's my latest install script.

looks good. I wonder how difficult it would be to localize strings used: kMsg, error messages. I'm also trying to think of a pleasant way to give the user the option to install the additional locales. It may be excessive, but I'm just trying to think globally.

Return to Extension Development