Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

It does if you check "Restore last session when starting browser" under the Events tab in the Tab Mix Options.
aarons3

Post by aarons3 »

I love this extension -- it's much faster, and less buggy than TBE. I only have 2 simple feature requests:

* addition of a "open in new window" action for double-clicking/shift-clicking on a tab
* ability to set the color of the progress bar
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

zone wrote:hi! first, thanks for Tab-Mix! one of the best extensions i found so far =)

well, now.. would it be possible to add the little "fade-in" effect that sessionsaver has? cuz it crashes if i try to use it with tab mix :/ Thanks! =)
It will most likely not be added (at least I hope so). IMO this feature of SessionSaver is useless and bloat. But that's just my own opinion.
@aarons3: Both will be added, I think.
@rtk,cheesypeanut: It replaces it partly. It does not recover after crashes and SessionSaver does.
AZJerry

Post by AZJerry »

The duplicate tab in new window could also be a right-click option.
Last edited by AZJerry on May 16th, 2005, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsmwrv

Some functions don't work in 0.21 any more

Post by hsmwrv »

"Closed Tabs List" and "Undo Close Tab" are gray and unselectable on tab bar context menu. "Undo Close Tab" is missing from web page context menu. The options of showing them are checked. "Open new tabs from: Bookmarks", after checked, still open in current tab. "Open new tabs next to current on" doesn't work, either. These options all worded as they sounded like in 0.2.

All the problems happen in both Firefox 1.03 and 1.04.

logixoul

Re: Some functions don't work in 0.21 any more

Post by logixoul »

hsmwrv wrote:"Closed Tabs List" and "Undo Close Tab" are gray and unselectable on tab bar context menu. "Undo Close Tab" is missing from web page context menu. The options of showing them are checked. "Open new tabs from: Bookmarks", after checked, still open in current tab. "Open new tabs next to current on" doesn't work, either. These options all worded as they sounded like in 0.2.

The mentioned menu items are enabled when you close at least one non-empty tab IIRC. "Undo Close Tab" is missing in the content area context menu and should be there, too, IMO, I agree. About the rest, I can't reproduce them.
Luhmann

Post by Luhmann »

Why is Mac OS X support not even on the todo list anymore?
CPU

Post by CPU »

hsmwrv wrote:"Closed Tabs List" and "Undo Close Tab" are gray and unselectable on tab bar context menu. "Undo Close Tab" is missing from web page context menu. The options of showing them are checked. "Open new tabs from: Bookmarks", after checked, still open in current tab. "Open new tabs next to current on" doesn't work, either. These options all worded as they sounded like in 0.2.

are u using other tab extensions?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

Luhmann wrote:Why is Mac OS X support not even on the todo list anymore?
I removed it for some reason which I can not remember right now. If I don't recall it until tomorrow, I'll add it again.
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Well i've been asking this before...any chances to see Tab Mix will compatible with Seamonkey ?. or perhaps someone could modifed it ?.

Thnx in advanced.
zone

Post by zone »

rtk wrote:huh? Tab Mix replaces Session Saver? And I shouldn't be using them together?

Neither of these statements are true.

Well, I'd like to be using Session Saver.. but this is what happens when i have both of them running..

I don't recall if it crashed with the default options in Tab Mix (obviously i disabled the "restore last session" --wich works fine so far-- before installin' sessionsaver)

anyway, i think i can live without the li'l efect. thanks anyway =)
Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

cheesypeanut wrote:It does if you check "Restore last session when starting browser" under the Events tab in the Tab Mix Options.

Ah, thanks. Does that always work after crashes?

In any case, I find Session Saver's "Snapback Tabs/Windows" in the Tools menu superior to Tab Mix's undo closed tabs.
hydreux

Post by hydreux »

since i installed tab-mix, i had this problem where the tabs go missing after middle-click or control-click to launch a link in a new tab.
i'm posting a screenshot of my fx window in the hope that someone could offer a solution.
i'm using fx 1.0.4 on a P4 1.8GHz with 512MB RAM running XP Pro...

hsmwrv

Post by hsmwrv »

logixoul wrote:

The mentioned menu items are enabled when you close at least one non-empty tab IIRC. "Undo Close Tab" is missing in the content area context menu and should be there, too, IMO, I agree. About the rest, I can't reproduce them.

They should be but are not. That's why I posted. Thanks for your reply so that I know it may not be the problem of the new version.
hsmwrv

Post by hsmwrv »

CPU wrote:

are u using other tab extensions?

Since I installed Tab Mix, no other tab extensions are needed. So, no.