Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Xemanth

Re: Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Post by Xemanth »

Well I have a problem with opening tab next to current one.
Screenshot tells everything.
http://angelus.urli.net/tabmix.png
A bug?

I hitted in picture ctrl+t and it opened tab named (untitled).

edit: Hallelujah problem solved. Mini-T drag + indicator caused the problem!
dorando

Re: Tab Mix 0.2.1 is available 2005-05-04

Post by dorando »

Xemanth wrote:Mini-T drag + indicator caused the problem!
Actually you caused the problem by trying to use extensions with an overlapping feature set (Tab Mix is even using code from miniT)...
chob

Post by chob »

OK, a headsup for all you TabMix fans + Trunk testers. I hacked the new TabMix 0.21 to work on the trunk. More information <a href="http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2294&view=findpost&p=13260">here</a>. I've not tested it thoroughly mind..

This should ONLY be used on nightly TRUNK builds from 20050420 and onwards. Installing it on a branch (1.0x) version of firefox will result in your firefox breaking.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

gssq wrote:
logixoul wrote:
gssq wrote:The "open links from other applications in..." option disappeared. Argh!

Hope your private problems get resolved speedily and happily.
I suppose you intend irony here... actually I don't care. This option is built in Firefox. To access it go to Tools->Options->Advanced if you use the default menu configuration.

Well it's nice to control all the tab options from one place. And you duplicated many (most? all?) other native FF tab preferences, so I was wondering why the one I mentioned disappeared.
By your logic every single extension should contain the whole Options dialog built-in because it's nice to have all the options of Firefox in one place... I don't think this makes sense. About the other duplicated features, let me give you an example to explain my motives. Some of the "Select new tabs opened from" settings exist in Firefox. Some of them do not. I have several choices:
1. To leave the native ones in Firefox's Options dialog and to add the new ones in Tab Mix's Options dialog - this method would confuse the users as it would separate closely related features.
2. To put all of them in the Tab Mix's Options dialog and to hide the ones in Firefox's Options dialog - this would cause some confusion again, because the users wouldn't know that they can have some functionality without Tab Mix and would be afraid to remove it.
3. To leave the native ones in Firefox's Options dialog and add all of them in Tab Mix's Options dialog - I decided this one was the best as it didn't contain the big disadvantages of the others.

This does not apply to more... well, "separate" features like, say, "Open links from other applications in".
And, you know, I have not duplicated "many", "most" or "all" of the native functions. Just the ones, which, as I tried to explain, made sense to be there.
dkratter14

Post by dkratter14 »

I would like to request an option to have Tab Mix force Ctrl+N to open a new tab rather than a new window, even if 'Enable Single Window Mode' is off.
PTS

Post by PTS »

dkratter wrote:I would like to request an option to have Tab Mix force Ctrl+N to open a new tab rather than a new window, even if 'Enable Single Window Mode' is off.

This request is outside the basic intended functions of Tab Mix. Use <b>Ctrl-T</b>.
<b>Ctrl-N</b> is reserved in Firefox to open a new window.
0live

Post by 0live »

chob wrote:OK, a headsup for all you TabMix fans + Trunk testers. I hacked the new TabMix 0.21 to work on the trunk. More information <a href="http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2294&view=findpost&p=13260">here</a>. I've not tested it thoroughly mind..

This should ONLY be used on nightly TRUNK builds from 20050420 and onwards. Installing it on a branch (1.0x) version of firefox will result in your firefox breaking.

Thx again ;)
As discussed in Peter(6) thread, the 20050505 build has broken Session Restore. The good news is Rue's SessionSaver .2d is still working.
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
chob

Post by chob »

Yah, I tried to fix the line that was causing the problem, but I don't understand much.
Error: historyEntry.SetTitle is not a function
Source File: chrome://tabmix/content/session/session.js
Line: 295

So I removed the line but then it bails at another point a little later. I tried reading the code changed by bug 274784 but it's over my head line the moon :)
b3virq3b

Post by b3virq3b »

Try using setTitle() ;). The patch for 274784 changed the casing.
chob

Post by chob »

Thanks b3virq3b! Here was me thinking it was some complicated change that would be beyond me :)

All, an updated version of TabMix v0.21 TRUNK is up over at The Extensions Mirror; Session saving now works. (No other changes) - Grab it <a href="http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2294&view=findpost&p=13260"><b>here</b></a> and let me know if there's any more easy problems I can fix for fellow trunk users.
johnlgalt

Post by johnlgalt »

I installed Tab Mix, and saw that it provides for controlling the interface options when clicking on tabs. Great, that means one of the extension I can get rid of, Tab Clicking Options, which allows me to set a double click on a tab to equate to closing the tab.

Right?

Wrong. With Tab Mix set to close tabs I am getting new tabs opened instead.

What do I need to do to troubleshoot this?
chob

Post by chob »

johnlgalt > Works For Me (default theme, no other tab-related extensions installed)
johnlgalt

Post by johnlgalt »

Doh! I am an idiot - I thought I had removed TabBrowser preferences and I had not - - as soon as it was removed poof it worked.

My mistake, and my apologies.
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

Thanks for your contribution, chob! I'm exclusively on the Trunk from now until the 1.1 branch, and I'll report any bugs I find. So far so good.
xpking

Post by xpking »

how can i use the undo close tab function?