OLD NoScript 1.1.4, bookmarks and places friendly

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Giorgio Maone

Re: enabling JavaScript without enabling plugins

Post by Giorgio Maone »

hramrach wrote:As I no longer use FlashBlock for these (NoScript does it, and NoScript does not go well with FlashBlock) I would like an option to only enable scripts, not the plugins.

I use AdBlock plus together with NoScript to "clean up" pages I trust from annoyances.
Anyway, AFAIK FlashBlock should work fine on sites that are on the NoScript whitelist, hence you could use both in a complementary fashion.
peuj wrote:If you need more information you will have to install the extension as you cannot save the results.

Thank you for your report, I'm looking into it.
At first sight it seems related to the "Attempt to fix JavaScript links" feature, and goes away if you uncheck both this and the "Forbid <a...ping>" advanced preferences.
I'll play around to see if there's something else and then release an update :)
hramrach

Re: enabling JavaScript without enabling plugins

Post by hramrach »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
hramrach wrote:As I no longer use FlashBlock for these (NoScript does it, and NoScript does not go well with FlashBlock) I would like an option to only enable scripts, not the plugins.

I use AdBlock plus together with NoScript to "clean up" pages I trust from annoyances.
Anyway, AFAIK FlashBlock should work fine on sites that are on the NoScript whitelist, hence you could use both in a complementary fashion.

I tried now and things work quite well. Earlier the overlays from FlashBlock and NoScript would clash leading to flash animations that could not be displayed at all.

Now it works together nicely. Only the overlay design changes when JavaScript is enabled/disabled.
Plus NoScript allowed animations stick over page reload but FlashBlock is reset when page is reloaded.

Thanks
gildan2020

allow all javascript/block all java

Post by gildan2020 »

Hi guys,

I'm just starting to get used to this Noscript and I was wondering how I could do the following:
a) allow all javascript regardless of the website
b) block all java applets except for a few website that I allow in the whitelist.

thx,
gildan2020
rmrmg

Post by rmrmg »

hello all
I set 'show placeholder icon' option because i want to know where are the blocked extension (mainly flash adds) . But sometimes one of the flash adds is in the center of page (for exaple: http://www.sigma-foto.pl/?q=node/9 ) in this case 'placeholder icon' make reading the page difficult. So i want to close selected placeholder icon. It's my feature request. :)
StriderSkorpion

Post by StriderSkorpion »

Is there currently a way to change the Navigation Toolbar button to switch between global allow/disallow or maybe temporarily allow/disallow (the URL in the location bar)? If not, would it be possible to add a feature in the next version to switch between them, similar to how Adblock Plus does with it's button and drop down arrow? Either being a "secret" option in about:config or as an option in NoScript's configuration. If there is option for this already (how do you enable it?) or you're not interested, then nevermind, but thank you for your (continued) work on FlashGot and NoScript. :)
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

1.1.4.1 is out (not on AMO yet)
StriderSkorpion wrote:Would it be possible to add a feature in the next version to switch between them, similar to how Adblock Plus does with it's button and drop down arrow?

done:
Left clicking on NoScript toolbar button toggles permissions for current top-level site
rmrmg wrote:I set 'show placeholder icon' option because i want to know where are the blocked extension (mainly flash adds) . But sometimes one of the flash adds is in the center of page (for exaple: http://www.sigma-foto.pl/?q=node/9 ) in this case 'placeholder icon' make reading the page difficult. So i want to close selected placeholder icon. It's my feature request. :)

done:
Shift+Click on a Java/Flash/Object placeholder temporarily hides it
peuj wrote:a new extension "Leak Monitor" [...] detects a leak for NoScript

fixed:
Removed a leak caused by "Attempt to fix JavaScript links" option
makondo wrote:Would it be too much trouble to close this thread and start another one with a link to this one in the first post?

done:
NoScript discussion continues here :)
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Before they put a lock on it, - thank you, Giorgio, muchly appreciated. Good Luck!