OLD NoScript 1.1.4, bookmarks and places friendly

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
therube

Post by therube »

Is this the "Comast Fan" you speak of?

Comcast High-Speed Internet > Comcast.net Site > The Fan
http://www.comcast.com/Support/Corp1/FA ... _2305.html
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
cruser921

Post by cruser921 »

yea thats it but thats the suport page for it but yes same fan if you launch that from the comcast main page it opens it into a seport window with the tab browser extension and shrinks that window to half size but also shrinking other main window with it please help. you can check this for yourself by going to www.comcast.net and click on fan if you have the extension you will what i mean
Lazlo Woodbine

Post by Lazlo Woodbine »

help your tabbrowser extension breaks comcast

This is a thread about the NoScript extension, and has nothing to do with the tabbrowser extension, which isn't even written by the same programmer!

As it happens, I think it likely the problem is nothing to do with either extension, but is to do with the way you have Firefox setup: It sounds like javascript is being permitted to resize browser windows. To correct this go to

Tools > Options > Web Features > Javascript > Advanced

and disable the top option. Then check and see if this fixes your issue.
cruser921

Post by cruser921 »

ok well am sorry i though he was the one who had the rights to tabbrowser preferance but maby im wrong but i will try what you sugest to see if it works
cruser921

Post by cruser921 »

ok that fixed it but i lfound out i like firefox without it lol i dont like the whey it opens my media player in a new window and i cant move it lol but at least i know that it will work now if i ever want to get it back thanks for te help
Deadly_Dad

[Feature Suggestion] More Real Estate!

Post by Deadly_Dad »

I am a regular eBay user, and, while I allow eBay to use Javascript, I /never/ want to allow doubleclick. Currently, I am stuck with the yellow bar taking up space on my screen. What I suggest is that, in addition to 'Allow', 'Temporarily Allow', and 'Forbid', you add 'Block', 'Temporarily Block', and 'Re-Allow'. If permissions (Allow/Block/etc.) are all set for a page, the yellow bar doesn't show up unless you choose 'Show Permissions' in the 'NoScript' menu on the status bar. If you always want to see the bar, choose 'Always Show Permissions' in the menu.

Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

WPOISON RULES!
pumpkinish@Erytheae.net
dereliction@beziquen.net
unmitigative@bastardization.semiellipsoidalv.com
variolite@unconciliatednessj.tw
unscriptural@nonimbricatingx.com
Giorgio Maone

Re: [Feature Suggestion] More Real Estate!

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Deadly_Dad wrote:Currently, I am stuck with the yellow bar taking up space on my screen.

Why don't you disable yellow bar notification?
Just uncheck NoScript Options|Appearance|Show message...
I've put the yellow bar (and the weird sound) for those who tended to forget NoScript was installed and wondered why some sites didn't work.
But expert users could better use the status bar icon only (or the contextual menu), gaining screen real-estate and saving their ears :)
B.marc

Clipboard again...

Post by B.marc »

Hi Giorgio,

I d'ont want to give up, but:

1.) I set up firefox without noscript, so that my clipboard is working.
2.) Then I installed noscript -> wysiwyg-editor breaks.
3.) Use your proposed -> editor works again, clipboard does not work.

Since I need the clipboard (it makes editing much more easier!), I will uninstall NoScript, but I hope, this problem will be fixed in the future, since I feel much better with NoScript installed.

Greetings
Marc
incredibles

Post by incredibles »

I've noticed something strange when I try to enable javascript for a website with a hyphen in the name. eg. ab-c.com (I am using this as an example - not the abc.com tv website, just standing for a website name with a hyphen in it).

If I add the site, during the session it has javascript enabled with no problems.
If I closed and reopen firefox, the site no longer has javascript enabled.

The strange thing is that when I bring up my list of sites that have javascript enabled, they come up in a list like:
asus.com
google.com
yahoo.com etc

However, 2 entries for ab-c.com appear:
http://ab-c.com and
https://ab-c.com

I've deleted these entries, uninstall and reinstalled noscript and tried it again - same thing. It doesnt matter if I add the site by right-clicking whilst on the page or typing it in. I am definitely not typing it in twice but each time I add the site and close then reopen firefox, the same thing occurs.

As a test if I add abc.com and ab-c.com at the same time, when I reopen firefox the entry for abc.com is fine. The one for ab-c.com is screwy.

I then tried a text for xy-z.com (made up domain) and it did the same thing. Looks like hyphens may cause some problems.
strap4

More problems with hyphens

Post by strap4 »

I'm noticing a problem with one of my own sites, which has a hyphen in the hostname. I use Mambo to publish on the site. When I attempt to log in, I am not redirected to the admin page unless I enable JS globally. If I get to the admin page and re-disable JS globally, the admin page reloads and the menu bar vanishes. The site is already included on my whitelist as part of a subdomain. (Ex: foo-bar.baz.quux.com is allowed with whitelist entry baz.quux.com)

It's an internal site, else I'd publish the URL. Any help would be appreciated.
Giorgio Maone

Re: Clipboard again...

Post by Giorgio Maone »

B.marc wrote:Since I need the clipboard (it makes editing much more easier!), I will uninstall NoScript, but I hope, this problem will be fixed in the future, since I feel much better with NoScript installed.

Greetings
Marc

OK Marc, I gave a closer look to the Mozilla source code and I realized that it currently supports one single policy per domain/site.
Hence, a work-around I can suggest for now is reinstalling NoScript, erasing the "capabilities.clipboard" entries from your user.js / prefs.js and putting the following lines in your user.js instead:

Code: Select all

user_pref("capability.policy.maonoscript.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
user_pref("capability.policy.maonoscript.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

The side effect is that clipboard will work in all the sites where JavaScript is allowed by NoScript, but this shouldn't be an issue since they are supposed to be "trusted".
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

incredibles wrote:I've noticed something strange when I try to enable javascript for a website with a hyphen in the name.

strap4 wrote:I'm noticing a problem with one of my own sites, which has a hyphen in the hostname

Which NoScript version are you using?
I've just tested on three domains, 2nd level (a-bc.com), 3rd level (a-bc.xyz.com) and 4th level (a-bc.qwe.rty.com) with NoScript 1.0.9, and it seems to work.
If you're using 1.0.9 as well, could you please private message me the exact domains where you're experiencing your problems?
Thanks for your help :)
jupp99

Crash Report

Post by jupp99 »

Hello,

first of all I have to thank Mr. Maone for his great job with this extension!! ;)

I have an annoying problem, and I still haven't found a solution and it would take too much time to read all pages of this thread... so please forgive me if the problem was already posted here. :)

So here is my problem:

If I add an url to the whitelist, firefox crashes and closes. When I restart my firefox, the added url is in the whitelist and everything works fine. Until I add another url into the whitelist of NoScript.

I'm using version 1.09 and the following extensions (always the latest versions):

NoScript
Adblock
Nuke anything
Forecastfox
Popups must die
Flashgot
Allow-Right-Click
Bookmark Duplicate Detector
BookmarkChecker
Customize Google
StumbleUpon
gTranslate
ImageZoom
Tabbrowser Preferences
FireFTP
DownThemAll
PopupAltAttribute
Download Statusbar
WellRounded
Google Preview
Google Pagerank Status
miniT (drag)
SessionSaver.2
Stop-or-Reload-Button

Thank you in advance!!
Giorgio Maone

Re: Crash Report

Post by Giorgio Maone »

jupp99 wrote:I have an annoying problem, and I still haven't found a solution and it would take too much time to read all pages of this thread... so please forgive me if the problem was already posted here. :)

Well, I hope it was ;) - it depends on your browser version?
jupp99

Post by jupp99 »

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!

I used Firefox 1.04 and just upgraded to version 1.06 and now it works fine.

Thank you!!!